subtle vandalism may persist

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
badmachine
Sucker

subtle vandalism may persist

Post by badmachine » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:29 am

there is a thread at wikipediocracy called "vandalism may persist" or something. i cant find a similar thread here so if there is one, feel free to merge this post there.

Jake Kaminski, archer and Olympics participant. married to Amanda, but according to wikipedia, his wife's name is Heather. who inserted this falsehood into the all knowing oracle? Heather.kaminski, seven years ago. Hhommema removed the correct name about six months before.

also, Bpillow062 inserted the assertion that this 34 year old archer won the Bronze Medal in the "1964 Goldeneye", whatever that is.

eta: the edit by Bpillow062 was reverted a month or so later

(edited)

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Re: subtle vandalism may persist

Post by wexter » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:09 pm

Q: What is the difference between subtle vandalism and spamming junk articles?
A: Not much its all Kayfabe - where reality is blurred

Found this random guy "Mark Linton" from articles for deletion - adding hundreds of nonsensical wrestling articles to Wikipedia..

He is no different from any other fan boy or special interest folks and autistics spamming Wikipedia - He is better than KE Koffman, Jess Wade, or our East European propagandists because those folks actually think they are "doing the good work" to drive a narrative.

Mark Linton put in a request for Administrator because a slew of his bat shit crazy articles about wrestling events were on the chopping blocks; and he was talked down from the ledge before he committed Wikipedia suicide.. (hilarious in his talk page - where he was treated gingerly like a child).

He basically stated what many folks would say;
I am not expanding or further contributing to these articles because I am damn sure that you are going to delete them anyway, so there is no use of working hard.-
All I want is a bit support on the deletion attempt of the FMW 4th Anniversary Show and a list of relevant articles because some of your admins think that this is a "non-notable event" because "reliable sources" are not provided. .....Kindly assist me in keeping these articles and preventing the admins from deleting them because it was the biggest annual flagship event of Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling and there is no issue in keeping them. Instead, it will be useful and helpful for FMW and puroresu fans.--Mark Linton (talk) 16:36, 13 January 2018 (UTC)
He figured it out, if he was an admin he could abuse the process! (which you can do without being an admin)

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... &limit=500
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mark_Linton
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... rsary_Show
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:47 am

This vandalism is not even subtle and yet it is still around after nearly ten years.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:03 pm

There are so many cases of subtle vandalism I gave up trying to study them. Look at early serial vandals like Grawp or Willy on Wheels (both of whom are still active on WMF projects today!!) for all the examples you could possibly want.

Consider Jagged 85, a completely mean little shit who vandalized articles from 2005 until he was finally banned in 2012. PEOPLE DEFENDED HIM. Some were administrators.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... a_accuracy

And there are many, many others, as Dan Murphy said. And "Good Wikipedians" will deny it all.

Just ones we know about would include KuchenZimjah, Proofreader77, Legolas, Runtshit, and dozens of assorted notorious sockpuppeters. Many listed here, many still undiscovered.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:35 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:03 pm
There are so many cases of subtle vandalism I gave up trying to study them.
I know. I see so much "subtle" vandalism that I cannot keep track either. Between the time of my post and your reply, I saw that a vandal in 2014 had changed many dates on talk page comments on the "police officer" article to "bc" instead of the implied A.D. This isn't subtle, yet it has stayed for nearly 9 years. A few months ago, I even saw keyboard spam at the top of an article (don't remember which) and it had stayed for several months.
ericbarbour wrote:
Look at early serial vandals like Grawp or Willy on Wheels (both of whom are still active on WMF projects today!!) for all the examples you could possibly want.
I don't think the original Willy on Wheels is still active. The have been many imposters of him, the most notable being "BMX on wheels". The most active vandals I see today are: GRP, Wikinger, Nipponese Dog Calvero, Risto hot sir, various Chinese and Japanese vandals, ISECHIKA, and some long-term spam bot operators.
ericbarbour wrote:
Consider Jagged 85, a completely mean little shit who vandalized articles from 2005 until he was finally banned in 2012. PEOPLE DEFENDED HIM. Some were administrators.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... a_accuracy

And there are many, many others, as Dan Murphy said. And "Good Wikipedians" will deny it all.

Just ones we know about would include KuchenZimjah, Proofreader77, Legolas, Runtshit, and dozens of assorted notorious sockpuppeters. Many listed here, many still undiscovered.
Wow.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:32 pm

Looks like we can't kick Grawp around anymore.....I'm reasonably sure he was using his vast array of socks to keep vandalizing WP, as recently as 2021 and maybe into early 2022.

He's gon' to prison. La la la. At least he'll be scarce for a few years.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2764

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:37 pm

four weeks later and the vandalism in the OP is still there. i guess the wikipedos monitor this forum less than i thought

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:17 am

badmachine wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:37 pm
four weeks later and the vandalism in the OP is still there. i guess the wikipedos monitor this forum less than i thought
The times they did fix something posted on this forum, it was usually between 2 months and a year. And I'm not sure it was always because someone checked the forum. They really do perform their "janitorial jobs" in a totally random and ass-backwards way.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:39 pm

Commons vandalism is often never reverted. This user vandalized pages three years. Even though their account was g-locked, none of their edits were ever reverted.

Lir
Sucks

Post by Lir » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:52 pm

Once Wikipedia decided to permaban me for disagreeing with Larry and Jimbob, I decided to do my part in damaging the site, by adding completely inaccurate information, with citations and everything. Over 20 years later, it's all still there, I do check from time to time. As long as you format your text grammatically correct, with citation, and you avoid anything that is commonly known, you can just make things up. Wikipedia has no process for reviewing whether the content is accurate, and any determination ultimately comes down to two users reverting each other until someone gives up. Every now and again, when I get bored, I'll make a new account and add some new whoppers to amuse myself - it's kind of an engaging intellectual exercise to figure out how to write something in such a way that Wikipedia will just accept it forever.