Brianna Wu article sperging

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
ByteOr
Sucks

Brianna Wu article sperging

Post by ByteOr » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:10 pm

Some wikipedos or trolls just got the Brianna Wu article goldlocked for the next two months over supposedly “grammar fixes”. They selectively deleted the past two months of revisions but luckily someone on Kiwi Farms archived all of it before it was removed from the page history, completely.

https://archive.md/iJ8Pb
https://archive.md/oB5pH
https://archive.md/NtIpC

It starts off with two accounts which were activated days apart to get to extended-confirmed status by simple gnome editing. I believe the second account is automated or something because it took just under 3 hours for it to reach extended-confirmed status. I read this Wikiessay if “sock-farming” was possible and I believe it is because no way someone is going to spend 3 hours trying to find ways to simply improve an article.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sock_farming

Of course DeltaQuad/AmandaNP protected it, and had it at template protection before he realized that was stupid and reverted it back. Nevertheless, someone dedicated their time to attempt to “troll” the article and it appeared to work, because the “grammar fixes” they chimped out about on the talk page were selectively removed from the article. Maybe that’s definite proof that Wikipedia itself has a COI with John Walker Flynt/Brianna Wu.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: Brianna Wu article sperging

Post by boredbird » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:05 pm

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:26 pm

Just to explain the gibberish; (this article was a good find)

Because the article has a history of being "vandalized by trolls" (as part of a harassment directed at the subject, Brianna Wu) any small changes to rewrite the article from correcting grammar to changing a sentence must be vandalism.

Any small changes must be violating Wikipedia policy be it the use of sock-puppets (fake accounts), violating policy on Biographies of living persons, or simply making grammar changes to make the point that Wikipedia processes don't work.

Oh yes, this case illustrates how foolish and destructively toxic Wikipedia is!

Folks need to be locked out from editing the article (or subject to sanction) because they dared touch it..

I would like to know how this person (sexy motorcycle chick {or is she/he a lady-boy?) goes (crazy-eyes) in less "staged pictures";

Is this the same as this person in both pictures? WTF

Wu and "Gamer-Gate" Kayfabe (Fake controversy that generates click bait with heroes, victims, and villeins. )
Last edited by wexter on Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:34 pm

wexter wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:26 pm
I would like to know how this person (sexy motorcycle chick) goes (crazy-eyes) in less "staged pictures";

Is this the same as this person in both pictures? WTF

sunglasses hide "the crazy". notice which of the two they use in his wikipedia article

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:33 pm

A reminder: this was one of the most hacked-at articles I've ever seen. And most of the hacking has been oversighted or rev-deleted, because she was Target #1 for the Gamergater nerds in 2014-17. It will never be revealed but I would not be a bit surprised if Wu's useless little article was subjected to more oversights then any other. Or at least in the top 10.

Look at the history summary. A variety of Wikipedia's meanest insiders rewrote it completely during that period. Elonka, NorthBySouth, Devil's Advocate (eternablocked mainly because of Gamergate fighting), Sandstein, Harry Mitchell, Rich Farmbrough, etc. People who are prominently mentioned in the book wiki.

This is your "reward" for being a "transgender pioneer in video gaming". Assholes try to shit on you, and other assholes try to hide the poop stains. Becuz WIKIPEDIAISMAGIC, AND NOTHING BAD HAPPENS THERE. You may call her a "lolcow" if you wish, I just don't give a shit anymore. Read about Wu's bizarre behaviour on Dramatica if you must.

Oh, I noticed that the "User Contributions" link for userpages, that was on the left-side menu, has disappeared. It was there for about 20 years, and is essential for studying someone's WP editing patterns. You have to log in to to see it, and now it's on the right-hand side of the page. This was done VERY quietly--can't find any discussions.

REEkipidia
Sucks Noob

Post by REEkipidia » Mon May 01, 2023 3:08 am

Brianna Wu is the ugliest human being to ever disgrace the planet.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon May 01, 2023 7:27 am

Now, now, we musn't throw shade at the otherkin.....

Cla68
Sucks

Post by Cla68 » Mon May 01, 2023 7:22 pm

The GamerGate-related articles are watched and protected with almost religious fervor. New accounts often aren't even allowed to edit the talk pages of those articles.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:03 pm

IT GETS WORSE!

They have now INDEFINITELY protected it! https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history

I didn't even know that was allowed in article space.

Also, this edit is sketchy. Both the account and the edit were made the minute protection expired and weren't reverted.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:55 pm