Weeaboo Crap

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Weeaboo Crap

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:17 pm

Might as well put it all in one place. There's so much on WP, you would almost think the USA was a Japanese possession.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_of_Chicken

Ever heard of them? Me neither. But they are "prominent" worldwide, because their songs have been used in many anime shows and movies. That's all it takes for an obscure Japanese band to become "world famous".

This article wasn't really editwarred, but it did attract a succession of extremely nerdy otaku types. Most prominently:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:TheBenignBovine

rubricatedseedpod
Sucks

Re: Weeaboo Crap

Post by rubricatedseedpod » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:27 pm

The intersection of weeb topics and GENSEX is a delight. A classic is talk:Zombie Land Saga/Archive 1. Here's a sample of the discussion. Notice how they both talk as if Lily is a real person:
Bridget-chan, Lily is a transgender girl.[1] Lily showed a case of gender dysphoria when she reacted badly to having facial hair and her father deadnamed her. You're just being a jerk. 71.31.232.233 (talk) 17:13, 20 May 2021 (UTC)

This scene is too ambiguous to be considered proof of anything. The context behind it lays in both overwork and aging. Lily never had any issues with his gender and neither did his dad, however he liked the way his dad was amazed at female stars on TV and wanted to reflect that himself. It's further expanded on with the episode with Light, where the problem of aging is even more on focus. I couldn't care any less if you think i'm a jerk, i'm not responsible for whatever ideas people form in their heads, i only care about official, cemented stuff. There hasn't been any mentions of the character being transgender (or even crossdressing, for that matter, even though i'm more of the opinion he is a crossdresser) - hence why i propose we just keep it to female pronouns and don't expend further. The Zombiesaga wikia did this mistake and it just went off-the-wall with sightings with zero source and complete headcanon crap. I'm proposing a compromise here, if i wanted to be a jerk i'd just switch everything to "him" and refer to him as a crossdresser. But there is no proof of that last thing either so the best middle ground is to trim it to the root of it - the way the character is presented as, nothing more, nothing less. Bridget-chan (talk) 17:23, 20 May 2021 (UTC)

I'm sorry that I used the word jerk to describe you. I should've used the word bigot. Here's official articles about Lily's gender identity.[2][3][4][5] I'm done with you and traps are not real. It's just a transphobic term. She's not pretending to be a girl; she is a girl. Lily is Lily. Take your garbage elsewhere.71.31.232.233 (talk) 21:40, 20 May 2021 (UTC)

"official articles" > "dailydot", "animenewsnetwork" - please tell me it's a joke because at the very least i can tell you that it's unfunny and not just call you stupid. Those are not sources, those are tabloids. I don't give a damn about your position on traps, they have nothing to do with trans people. Don't insert yourselves into this and then whine when you get called out. And the irony of saying "take your garbage elsewhere" at the same time as spitting 4 american tabloids as "source" for a japanese show is just hilarious. Hey guess what, have a real source that says he's a boy - [6] - oh what's that? a tabloid? oh wait how about that - [7]. TLDR - none of these (including, and especially yours) are official sources of any kind. I'm being awfully considerate already by trying to find a compromise instead of going balls-to-walls "it's a boy deal with it"; a courtesy that i don't see being returned by a weirdo with tunnel vision like you. Call me a bigot, i don't give a damn, i stick by what the material says, not western politics. - Small edit, actually, the second link isn't just a tabloid, it's a straight-up interview with the producers of the series who constantly refer to Lily as Masao and make a big point to the fact that he is a boy - (they do keep using Lily and female pronouns for the rest of the time, as expected, because it's his identity as a zombie idol.) Bridget-chan (talk) 00:10, 21 May 2021 (UTC)
More recently, a bloated discussion at Talk:Chivalry of a Failed Knight, a dispute that originally infected Wikipedia from another hotbed of weebs, TV Tropes, led to a user's retirement the publication of this rant.
Editing Wikipedia is not a substitute for being a person.

rubricatedseedpod
Sucks

Post by rubricatedseedpod » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:18 pm

Since no one else is bothering to post anything :x here's some more junk:
  • The creator of Wikipe-tan, Kasuga39, whose work also illustrates Lolicon, is a pedo, as you can verify by not going to e-hentai and typing in "kasuga." Somehow, being Japanese is enough to gloss over a person making pedo art, at least in the eyes of Wikipedia. Kasuga is discussed in this thread.
  • The old-fashioned version of weebdom is Japonaiserie, which originated after Japan opened its borders to the west and started trying to sell its traditional cultural identity. Wikipedia has plenty of this too, whether inherited from cruddy sources or the attitudes of its editors, the worst of which is characterised by mystifying mundane elements of Japanese culture beyond proportion. Take a look at Japanese garden:
    Nothing in a Japanese garden is natural or left to chance; each plant is chosen according to aesthetic principles, either to hide undesirable sights, to serve as a backdrop to certain garden features, or to create a picturesque scene. Trees are carefully chosen and arranged for their autumn colors. Moss is often used to suggest that the garden is ancient. Flowers are also carefully chosen by their season of flowering. Formal flowerbeds are rare in older gardens, but more common in modern gardens. Some plants are chosen for their religious symbolism, such as the lotus, sacred in Buddhist teachings, or the pine, which represents longevity.
  • Being full of weebs, weeb hate has also always been strong on Wikipedia. WP:CRUFT was practically made for them.
  • This userbox

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:13 am

Sometime after 2016 or so the busy cultural centers of the internet got filled with weebs. Wikipedia wasn't spared. Although I'm sure they always had a disproportionate amount.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:29 am

rubricatedseedpod wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:18 pm
Kasuga39, whose work also illustrates Lolicon, is a pedo,
Supposedly he's still a "bigshot" on ja-WP. They seem to love their pervs.

Ja-WP also has some amazingly not-Japanese-looking nerds rattling around. Random example i stumbled over also happens to be a WMF employee:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%88%A9 ... :Ladsgroup

And your comment about a userbox reminds me of one of the worst editwars in their history. Note that the following arbitration was heavily censored after the fact, because it was a BRUTAL argument. Megabytes of raging are gone forever. Many of the combatants are maniac weebs and/or outright approve of pedophilia: Ashibaka/Shii (who was stupid/insane enough to have himself a book wiki article), Carnildo (ditto), BorgHunter (almost totally inactive since 2010 and really should be desysopped), and a few others. Also note that Jimbo and David Gerard meddled constantly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... _wheel_war

rubricatedseedpod
Sucks

Post by rubricatedseedpod » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:23 pm

Some intense OWN stuff is going on right now in a fight between Manifestation and TheVHSArtist at Talk:Pokémon:
I worked on this article for 1,5 years. Blood, sweat, tears, and an entire website went into it. Obviously, I care about the article's quality and am emotionally invested into it. Recently, User:TheVHSArtist, hereafter VHSA, came along and inserted a number of inaccurate statements into the article: [nerdy rambling omitted]
Later in the same comment:
If this was a high-traffic article, like Climate change or Donald Trump, these edits would have been reverted on a speed you won't believe. But it has been a week now, and no one seems to even notice. Strange, because Pokémon is one of the world's top franchises and has lots of fans.
You would think it would be taken as a credit to Wikipedia that real-world topics are prioritised over a Japanese children's franchise, but this media has such sentimental value to some people that they refuse to see how unimportant questions such as the history of the acute accent in the title are. In fact, they find this stuff important enough to justify making a non-free use version of Wikisource just for Pokemon materials.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:52 am

rubricatedseedpod wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:18 pm
This userbox
This too.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:50 pm

For what little it's worth, Category: Pokemon has been cut down in size dramatically since I complained about it back in 2011. Some shitheads tried to create one article for every Pokemon creature.

Pikachu has been the target of some deeply insane editwars since 2004. Currently 68k bytes. But still nowhere nearly the longest article about a fucking Japanese cartoon character.

Goku is 99kbytes long....is that autistic enough for you?

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:04 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:50 pm
Goku is 99kbytes long....is that autistic enough for you?
27 printed pages

[[Dragon Ball]] is 47 printed pages
[[Pokemon]] is 58 printed pages
[[Nintendo]] is 67 printed pages, exceeding even [[Napoleon Bonaparte]]

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:47 am

journo wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:04 am
[[Nintendo]] is 67 printed pages, exceeding even [[Napoleon Bonaparte]]
This for a company that grossed $14 billion last year.

IBM made four times as much money, but their article is half the length.

ExxonMobil made $413 billion and their article is only 77k bytes.

I could go on but you get the picture. Videogaming is very important to WP and other things are not.