Bus route lists

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Bus route lists

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 am

I think even some critics under-estimate the depth of stupidity of Wikipedians. So, I present the (very much ongoing) saga of whether or not lists of bus routes are worthy encyclopedia material or not......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... bus_routes

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=500&offset=0&ns4=1&search=intitle%3A"Articles+for+deletion%2FList+of+bus+routes+in"

The basic idea of Wikipedia is you have policies and guidelines, and they supposedly reflect what is common practice or settled consensus. The flaw of Wikipedia of course is that when there is genuine disagreement, they have no real way of forcing people to settle the dispute at the high level, say through a Request for Comment.

As has happened here, it instead becomes a cause for a tiny handful of zealots, who turn it into a series of time wasting and repetitive battles at AfD, whose outcome depends more on who happens to be around at the time, than anything resembling strong argument.

In this case, the primary (or rather, most persistent) actors appear to be Davey2010 and Charles (charlesdrakew), neither of whom possess much between the ears. A sampling of the AfD debates is enough to establish this. High level debate, it is not. Simplistic, tedious, repetitive, and disrespectful bordering on trollerly, it very much is.

The result is the bizarre mix of surviving content in the category linked above, which doesn't conform to the known systemic biases very much, but what is there is of no use to man or beast.

I hesitate to do this, because it will deprive me of a huge source of ongoing amusement, but to settle this nonsense once and for all, might I suggest to the tiny few number of sane Wikipedians that they are well past the point where an RfC should be held at WP:NOT, and it should say this......
Does the hosting of lists of bus routes violate what Wikipedia is not? If not, what criteria, if any, should (and should not) be used to specify if such a list is worthy of inclusion?
The other reason for posting the question obviously, is that there is a high chance it will never be posed, even though I have told them to do it. Ironically, their reluctance would probably be because they can already predict what an inconclusive car crash that RfC would become, proving yet again that Wikipedia's system of governance is not fit for purpose (unless you seriously believe this is a hard question to answer, in which case, INTO THE SEA WITH YOU!).

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Bus route lists

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:49 am

They're so sure of their opinions there. And yet no RfC.....

Do these retards have no clue what they look like, claiming emphatically that this is not encyclopedic information, while a shit load of these articles are still there. Do they genuinely not sit down and think to themselves, how come people keep creating them? Is it something we are doing (or have not done) which is making people think this is legitimate content?

This is at the heart of why Wikipedia is co crap. There is simply no punishment for being retarded. Take this fool......
The best place to obtain this information should be the Passenger Transport Executive's website, which THEY can be sure to maintain. Peterkingiron (talk) 17:12, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
Good luck finding the website for the Cornwall PTE. :roll:

Into the sea with them all.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:09 pm

CrowsNest wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_bus_routes
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=500&offset=0&ns4=1&search=intitle%3A"Articles+for+deletion%2FList+of+bus+routes+in"
The basic idea of Wikipedia is you have policies and guidelines, and they supposedly reflect what is common practice or settled consensus. The flaw of Wikipedia of course is that when there is genuine disagreement, they have no real way of forcing people to settle the dispute at the high level, say through a Request for Comment.
As has happened here, it instead becomes a cause for a tiny handful of zealots, who turn it into a series of time wasting and repetitive battles at AfD, whose outcome depends more on who happens to be around at the time, than anything resembling strong argument.

This is DEAD TYPICAL of anything to do with public transit or highways. The area seems to attract people with serious Aspergers dysfunction, who obsess over tedious things like trainspotting and bus schedules. I'm guessing this is caused by their inability to keep or drive a car, so their lives revolve around public transit. But who knows for certain.

Remember, two of Wikipedia's worst people, SPUI and Roy Chen, are both deep-autistic about roads and highways. Both friggin' apeshit raving bonkers IMO.

The difference: Chen knew how to play the rotten wiki-political game. So, SPUI is "retired", with an impressively long block log. While Chen is an administrator and former Wikimedia steward (albeit one with a long reputation for power abuse). When he resigned his stewardship in 2015, dozens of people begged him to stay.

They LIKE their slaves autistic. More productive and exploitable.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:39 pm

I think it is the repeating they like. A train what stops every half hour. The numbers of trains, they spend weekends on stations. They know every train, every type, it fascinates them. And yes, they do like artists.
Lidewij send me once a email about here experiences as a autist. As a phishing, because in the begin they thought I was autistic. How interesting she was. If Lidewij is a she, in my opinion it is a multiple sock account. And that she was a subject for years of a university because she was such a interesting case as a beelddenker. Because they saw "something" on me, and wanted to know what. And tried in this way to get wiser.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 am

Turns out you can keep a list of bus routes, if they are run by a railway....... :o :roll: :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... nomination)

Mental.