Tasted Illegal chips

Talk about food
eltomas2003
Sucks

Tasted Illegal chips

Post by eltomas2003 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:03 pm

https://illegalchips.com/
I tried horsemeat and casu marzu courtesy of wee asian groceries, and the thing that suprised me was how banal they tasted, horsemeat tasted like beef tomato, and casu marzu was basically generic cheese flavor. Turns out they were produced by MSCHF, a collective that does viral stuff for money. I started to see them negatively because they only did things to shock people for money and they never do the same thing twice. Is MSCHF really not as what it seems?

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Tasted Illegal chips

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:24 pm

well, it's not "illegal" to own or eat those foods in the US--IF you prepared them yourself. Selling them into ordinary retail channels would be the legal issue. I have heard of people making their own casu marzu. It's a stupid stunt, nothing more. Plus the FDA has outlawed all kinds of "traditional" cheeses, usually because they require raw unpasturized milk.

Personally I think only fools would drink raw milk or make any food out of it, but there are plenty of health-nuts who think raw milk has some kind of "magical healthful properties". Idiots. Hope they enjoy their hospital stay. Listeria infection is not "fun" or "healthful".

And there are quite a few sushi places offering fugu all over the States. It's probably farmed pufferfish and contains no tetrodotoxin. Only the wild fish accumulates toxins from its diet. As someone on Quora said
And… honestly it’s not what I would consider a tasty fish. It’s pretty bland, chewy and has a funny texture. Honestly the only reason people eat it is because of the mystique around it and the legendary danger of doing so.
Whatever MSCHF is doing, they are openly telling their "customers" the whole thing is a complicated gag. Their terms and conditions are pretty damn explicit.
-----
путин грязная маленькая шлюха

eltomas2003
Sucks

Post by eltomas2003 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:46 am

Well, I'm just mad that it's just a limited time offer. I think the flavor is decent. If Mschf indeed discontinued it, I wish I could sell these bags on ebay and get rich. That's why I feel I little regret from opening up the packages. I wonder what horse meat really tastes like, I think it would be cool. If jelly belly did beanboozled jelly beans with different flavors, I think that there would be also be a market for "illegal" chips.
My only caveat between Mschf is that they are always skirting the line of legality and their website and organization gives me shady vibes.

eltomas2003
Sucks

Post by eltomas2003 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:28 pm

https://www.sayweee.com/en/promotion/pa ... site_MSCHF
A link to illegal chips if you are interested. ;)

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:59 pm

Kind if reminds me of scratch and snuff where the scents are obviously not as described
tumblr_n1z1d84Xq81qzzsdjo2_1280_465_430_int.jpg
tumblr_n1z1d84Xq81qzzsdjo2_1280_465_430_int.jpg (119.25 KiB) Viewed 455 times