Tamzin RfA

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: Tamzin RfA

Post by boredbird » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:11 am

ByteOr wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:35 am
Sounded like a trans person 100%, mentioned Chris Chan (he hates the idea of him for some reason), then radio silence..
Yeah I think Chris Chan is the best analog here. He must get that a lot, similar look and same overall vibe.

ByteOr
Sucks

Post by ByteOr » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:48 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php? ... 1133766728
ftwftw.jpeg
ftwftw.jpeg (192.27 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
Again, more DYK fuckery promoting the weirdest shit imaginable.

School children read Wikipedia every day, and they will see this instead of some practicable fact.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:59 pm

There is NO trace of this nomination, either on DYK Nominations, nor on DYK Approved. It's not in the current queue either. But it DID make the front page.
ftw-on-front-page.png
ftw-on-front-page.png (129.16 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
It appears Tamzin pulled strings to get it on the front page, even though someone tried to kill it. Failed.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:12 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:59 pm
There is NO trace of this nomination, either on DYK Nominations, nor on DYK Approved. It's not in the current queue either. .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template: ... rans_Women

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:42 pm

boredbird wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:12 pm
ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:59 pm
There is NO trace of this nomination, either on DYK Nominations, nor on DYK Approved. It's not in the current queue either. .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template: ... rans_Women
they* appears to be in the running for something called the wikicup: link

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:45 pm

Just further proof that "the rooolz" are not for creatures like Tamzin. I continue to think she will be another Raul654 or Ryulong; spending years in the pursuit of pointless crazy-time, wrecking content, banning people for absurd or no reason, abusing the WP political system, and infuriating writers of actual content. Plus acting as a lightning rod for furious incels, if her badly-shredded contributions are any indication.

It is practically guaranteed that dozens of Tamzin's revisions were oversighted by Wiki-friends. All of her contribs under previous names (Francophonie&Androphilie, PinkAmpersand, and probably a couple of others I can't find) are gone from the list. She/he's been on Wikipedia since 2012 at the very least and probably longer. The only traces of the older usernames tend to be AFDs--loads of them were attempted in 2012 and 2013.

She remains on a fast track to becoming one of the worst administrators of all time. The insiders are being gamed, and stupidly protecting the gamer. An ideal test case of how WIkipedia encourages out-of-process abuses, for its "special friends".

Perhaps I should add this to the book wiki. Not that it will really matter.

ByteOr
Sucks

Post by ByteOr » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:31 am

If anyone wants to know what Tammy sounds like, well here:

https://files.catbox.moe/bfkhnv.mp4

An unsurprising finding to me in my adventures is that AmandaNP, a global oversighter and administrator, IS NOT A REAL WOMAN.

Every female Wikipedia administrator that I can think of, except for Liz and GorillaWarfare, are not real women.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:21 pm

Lots of action on User:Tamzin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history
Tamzin wrote: You cannot hate me more than I've hated myself.
You cannot hurt me more than I've hurt myself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1134338373

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:28 am

I'm starting to wonder: is someone from the Wild Company or Kraft paying Tamzin and her little buddy "theleekycauldron" to rewrite this article? The new version is longer and much more detailed and useful, yet still looks to me like the kind of Wiki-whitewashing done by paid editors for corporate clients. Is Tamzin the next Sarah Stierch?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Capri_Sun

Side note: I would advise against this......but if you are looking to stir up some real trouble over Tamzin or any other trans WPian, I'd suggest posting some of this info to the KiwiFarms thread about Wikipedia. It's surprising to me that Josh's angry little boys don't post more bitching about WP. They're looking for "lolcows" and "dramah" and Wikipedia has metric shit-tons of both. Although I still don't recommend it. ;)

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:39 am

The Tamzin article is all over the place and is almost unreadable. Alternately, It took two drafts for Chatgpt to write an article which was about two minutes of input - the first draft did not contain "controversies" which I asked it to add in. Wikipedia looks to put controversy into everything. What is of more value; a concise article that is organized or Tamzin tripe?

chatgpt below - notice that the first and last sentence of the first paragraph are main-points!
Capri Sun is a well-known brand of fruit drink that has been enjoyed by people all over the world for over 50 years. The drink was first introduced in Europe in 1969 and has since become one of the most recognizable fruit drinks in the world. In this article, we will explore the history of Capri Sun, its presence and influence in America and Europe, the business history and chronology of ownership, and any health controversies surrounding the drink.

The History of Capri Sun

Capri Sun was first introduced in 1969 by the German company, Oscar Rothacker AG. The drink was created as a response to the growing demand for healthy and natural drinks, and it quickly became popular in Europe. The name “Capri Sun” was chosen to evoke images of the sunny and carefree island of Capri, which is located off the coast of Italy.

In the 1980s, Capri Sun was introduced to the United States, where it quickly became a staple in school lunch boxes and household pantries. Over the years, the company has expanded its product line to include a variety of flavors and types, including organic and low-sugar options.

Business History and Chronology of Ownership

In the early 2000s, Oscar Rothacker AG was acquired by the Swiss company, Jacobs Suchard. In 2003, Jacobs Suchard merged with the British company, Cadbury Schweppes, to form Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB). Under CSAB, Capri Sun continued to grow in popularity, and it was eventually sold to the American company, Kraft Foods, in 2008.

In 2012, Kraft Foods was split into two separate companies, Kraft Foods Group and Mondelez International. Capri Sun became part of Mondelez International, which continues to own and operate the brand to this day.

Presence and Influence in America and Europe

Capri Sun has had a significant impact on the fruit drink market in both America and Europe. In the United States, it is one of the most popular fruit drinks for children, and it is often consumed as a healthy alternative to soda and other sugary drinks.

In Europe, Capri Sun has had a similar impact and is widely recognized as a healthy and natural drink. The company has continued to expand its presence in Europe, and it is now available in many countries throughout the continent.

Health Controversies

Capri Sun has faced some health controversies over the years. In 2010, the drink was found to contain high levels of benzoic acid, a preservative that can cause health problems when consumed in large amounts. As a result, the company was forced to reformulate the drink to reduce the levels of benzoic acid.

In recent years, there have also been concerns about the high sugar content in some types of Capri Sun. The drink is marketed as a healthy alternative to soda, but it can still contain a significant amount of sugar. This has led to calls for the company to reformulate its products and offer healthier options.

Conclusion

Capri Sun is a popular fruit drink that has been enjoyed by people all over the world for over 50 years. Its history, presence, and influence in America and Europe, as well as its natural ingredients and convenient packaging, have made it one of the most recognizable and sought-after fruit drinks on the market. The business history and chronology of ownership, from Oscar Rothacker AG to Mondelez International, show the growth and evolution of the brand over the years. Despite some health controversies, Capri Sun remains a popular choice for those looking for a healthy alternative to soda or simply a delicious drink to enjoy.
vs Tamzin all over the map with no clear points made - for the reader it is a spew of total and random garbage.
Europe
Rudolf Wild of Heidelberg founded Rudolf Wild & Co. (better known as Wild) in the German Reich in 1931. After World War II, Rudolf Wild created Libella, which the Lexington Herald-Leader in 1998 described as "the first all-natural soda made with real fruit juice". This led him to several new products, including Capri-Sonne,[1] which was developed in the 1960s[2] and debuted in West Germany in 1969.[3] Restrictions on color additives at the time in West Germany led to less visually appealing soft drinks, incentivizing opaque packaging.[4] According to Capri-Sonne's website as of 2015, the drink was named after the Italian island of Capri due to its status as a vacation destination.[5]

At the initiative of Rudolf's son Hans-Peter Wild, champion boxer Muhammad Ali began promoting the brand in 1978; it was his first endorsement deal. Wild subsidiary SiSi-Werke said that the deal included one crate of Capri-Sonne a week for four years. The endorsement led to a significant increase in sales.[6] By 1982, Capri Sun was sold in 23 countries and the most popular fruit juice in 19 of 23.[7]

SiSi-Werke attempted to secure trademarks for eight of its pouch designs in the European Union; the European Court of Justice, which has consistently rejected trademarks based on product shape, turned the request down in 2006.[8]

North America
1979–1991: Shasta Beverages
In 1979, Shasta Beverages (then a part of Consolidated Foods) began to license the drink from Wild under the name Capri Sun.[9] After promising test runs in Buffalo, New York, and Atlanta, Georgia,[10] Shasta began a rolling expansion, starting with the Midwestern and Southeastern United States in 1980 and 1981.[11]

When Shasta introduced the product in the United States, its single-serving packaging was unusual in contrast with the 46-fluid-ounce (1.4L) aluminum cans that dominated the fruit juice market. Despite initial issues on rollout, the packaging carried the advantage of being light, durable, blunt, long-lasting, freezable, and insular. The patented design, trademarked under the name Doy-N-Pack and exclusively licensed by Shasta from Wild, soon faced a competitor in aseptic "brick packaging" like Tetra Pak, which also proved popular in stores.[12]

Shasta intended the product for children around ages 7 to 12, with its marketing director for new products telling a journalist, "Adults have a mental block about putting the straw in—they try to be careful and it just doesn't work."[13] Early marketing emphasized the product as all-natural, a designation that was met with some criticism.[14] By 1982, it had a 10% market share in the markets where it was available, with aims of a 15–20% share against competitors Hi-C and Hawaiian Punch,[7] which were about half its price. Most of Capri Sun's early market share gains came at the expense of small brands.[12] In 1983, the Capri-Sun brand brought Shasta $28 million in sales.[15] In 1985, Sara Lee (the former Consolidated Foods) sold Shasta to National Beverage.[16]

1991–present: Kraft Foods
Capri Sun's United States distribution license was acquired from Shasta by Kraft Foods in 1991.[17] Kraft's parent company, Philip Morris Cos. (now Altria),[18] was proficient in marketing to young people, but could not sell its cigarette products to children in the United States. Through Kraft's acquisition of Capri Sun, however, Philip Morris could target a product to children between the ages of 6 and 14, in ways that represented a significant shift in the product's marketing strategy.[17][19] Philip Morris's campaign for Capri Sun emphasized flashy colors and beach scenes, evoking a bright and fun "California cool"; later, they would switch to a sporty theme. In 1994, Philip Morris added Capri Sun to Lunchables, prepackaged lunch sets for schoolchildren. Lunchables sales increased by over a third in 1994; by 1998, sales exceeded over half a billion dollars (equivalent to $831,000,000 in 2021).[17] At the same time these changes were occurring, obesity rates among children in the United States began rising, a phenomenon attributed in part to the rise in sugary drinks consumption across the board.[19] A 2019 review in The BMJ found that the marketing techniques introduced by Philip Morris were still in use, even after Kraft became independent of the company in 2007.[17]

More recently, Capri Sun has been noted for its marketing to parents, still in the hope that they would give the drink to their children. In 2020, Capri Sun donated 5 million pouches of water labelled "we're sorry it's not juice" to schools in Granite City, Illinois and the Chicago metropolitan area.[20] The accompanying ad campaign, according to Ad Age, was targeted towards parents in the area who were concerned about COVID-19 pandemic safety restrictions shutting down water fountains.[21] In 2022, the company released an advertisement more directly targeted at parents, starring a character modeled after the male leads of romance novels designed to disinterest children, before changing tack to pitch Capri Sun.[22]
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."