EEng, SemiHypercube & Money emoji

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

EEng, SemiHypercube & Money emoji

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 am

What are the chances that two users like SemiHypercube and Money emoji would join Wikipedia at about the same time? Both seem to have the same personality, interests and back story. Both are in the same timezone, and both have an edit profile of diving right in, but now gradually tailing off. Both also have a really pretentious signatures, and at least one seems to be a great fan of EEng's humour. Both found their way to a joke AN/I report he started recently.

I've always suspected EEng is mentally ill (he is fascinated by the case of Phineas Gage), but is he this desperate for attention? Creating your own groupies? Really? We know EEng is a fan of frivolity. But would he really go this far? Create sock puppets which parody a certain type of Wikipedian, just for one's own amusement? Or perhaps EEng feels he can't do the sort of activity these accounts do (vandal hunting and process wonkery), without losing his credentials as a content writer, a.k.a, one of the cool kids, so he creates socks to scratch that itch of needing to be the sort of Wikipedian he despises. Because addict. Or mental illness. Perhaps it's both, they're serious alternates and parody socks, they just can't be declared, for different reasons. Maybe it is even schizophrenia? Now that would be funny.

If they're nothing to do with EEng, they certainly appear to be socks of each other. They certainly share one peculiar interest - hunting down a long term abuse case, "BMX On Wheels". And that is perhaps the most fun way to troll the super-serious pretentious elements of Wikipedia. Help them hunt down your own socks, using your own obvious socks. Just for a laugh. Just to waste your own time and take the piss out of Wikipedians you don't think approach the project with the right attitude or focus on the right tasks.

Now, who do we know who likes to do that?

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... 6686#p6686

There are other options here too, but they all share the same theme - seriously disturbed people trying to parody other seriously disturbed people, with both thinking they're the only sane ones in the room. Except the room is a cell in an institution.

It amazes me there can be anyone out there who seriously thinks this is an environment where an encyclopedia is also being built. You can't build an encyclopedia from inside a mental institution. I should not have to write that down. It should not even be an issue for us critics to note. But this is Wikipedia, it is that bad.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: EEng, SemiHypercube & Money emoji

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:17 am

Yeh Crow, timezones are interesting, certain expressions, who are somebody's fiends, what is someone doing, is it a sock, (first edits) the wiki history is the best CU there is.

Isn't it not true, Natuur 12 aka Drmies? That is right Michel, isn't it? You are editing the Dutch wikipedia exactly in the morning and in your office hours. In the timezone you are living. Both accounts are Reddit lovers. You talk like a typical expat in Dutch. You are or was a very powerful sysop and even after your enormous blunder with my real identity they made you a arb........

I have seen who your company was and is on WPEN, Michel, I know what you and who are and who fucked me in a way I don't like. (I prefer nice woman, not creeps like you to fuck me you know.)

Don't try to fool me with your shit story's you told to the others. You, yes you are the one who framed me Michel, and who is using his wiki connections to make me even more black. Om je eigen smerige straatje schoon proberen te vegen, Michel. Maar de stront blijft aan je bezem hangen, zo vies is het daar. Met heel veel stront, je verzuipt erin, dat krijg je nog niet met een bulldozer weg. En je mag me hier van het tegendeel overtuigen, maar jij komt niet. Nee, jij komt niet want het is gewoon waar! Net zoals de rest van die miezerige mannetjes, die helden achter hun toetsenbord hier niet durven te komen, maar die schijten nu wel in hun broek! En met reden!

Indeed is wiki bad, Crow, and not only wiki.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 am

Apparently Wikimedia is setup in a way where an admin can unblock themselves if they self-blocked without needing the unblockself perm. This is not a documented mediawiki core function.

And stems from:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/93233