The Rambling Man

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The Rambling Man

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Whether it was a convenient excuse or not, it is unsurprising that TRM, specifically his ridiculous side project, is the given cause for a critical editor keeping part of the Main Page running, to retire.

Full details here.....

https://thewikicabal.com/2018/08/21/the ... f-the-day/

Proof TRM was the ultimate cause here.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Picture_of_the_day&oldid=855520514#Tomorrow's_POTD,_Template:POTD_protected/2018-08-17

The Wikipedia are rather pathetically trying to guilt trip TRM. Have they never heard of him before? Not only does he not give a fuck about their condemnation, he practically revels in the opportunity to make it all about him and his pathetic issues......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =855926470

If you people don't like that, all those leaving grief filled messages for the departed editor, tough luck. He is only like this because you chose not to effectively correct his behaviour when it might have been correctable, or ban him if it proved not to be the case.

TRM is King of the Castle now. Watch as he kicks sand in your pathetic impotent faces! You created this monster. Do the sensible thing and leave Wikipedia, let him get in with being The One True Wikipedian. Believe me, it is way more fun watching this stuff happen from a distance.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Someone really needs to file the paperwork to rescind TRM's restriction, because it is quite clear nobody on Wikipedia has the slightest intention of enforcing it, or indeed in stopping this whiny little bitch being a whiny little bitch forever and ever and ever.

How about this as a restriction.....if you have a problem with your fellow users, or indeed anything else in Wikipedia, then follow Wikipedia policy in how you go about achieving a satisfactory resolution. Or just shut the fuck up and get over it you whiny little bitch.

Too ambitious? Not asking a lot, is it......GETOVERIT is being invoked to Michael Hardy as we speak, and his problem was only raised as a problem last week.

Where's 'one of the best' Cullen328 when Teh Wikipedia needs him? Oh that's right, he's as useless as everyone else.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:35 am

Your problem is one of attitude. I will happily continue this discussion, or any other, with other editors. However, I will no longer respond to you in any form. Colonies Chris (talk) 10:55, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
He probably hears this every day from a wide range of different people, and gives the same characteristic 'I don't care, I only care about Wikipedia, but clearly you're the problem here not me fucko' type reply. And yet nothing ever happens.

So Wikipedia.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Have a guess where "Wikipedia:TRM" now redirects to?

The arrogance of this man. Is there a sane person on this planet who believes him when he says it's not about him, it is only about Wikipedia?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:54 am

This is classic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =867151848

TRM - hey you lot, do this thing so I can do a thing.

Everyone - why not do it this way?

TRM - how dare you question how I choose to bring my awesomeness to Wikipedia

Smart person - hey guys, if TRM is free to choose how he operates, that must mean we are free to choose to ignore his demands, right?

TRM - ”demands”? Dick.

Observant person - "Well, it didn't sound like a request."

TRM - "Pathetic"

Observant person - "OK"

TRM - look, I know you guys are all too stupid for this work, so please can you just do that thing so I can do my thing and be awesome, mmmmkaaaay?

-----------
What a dick this guy really is. I urge you to read the exchange in all its original glory, here is just as spectacular preview.....
None of this needs to be any kind of personalised comment on when I decide to apply my wealth of knowledge to your offerings. That I do it at all should be applauded
I hope this becomes the standard response to any of his requests - "why should we?" Because he has no answer. None that would persuade anyone with any sense to comply anyway. He really fucked himself when he lost his Administrator rights. That is his weak point. If you hate people like TRM, then exploit that weak point, put your foot on it, and choke him out. Because I want to see what an awesome Wikipedian looks like with a purple face.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:51 pm

The holocaust really needs better defenders. In his defence of it as a worthwhile subject, TRM comes across as the sort of person who would have enthusiastically engaged in executing it, given the right conditions.

Oh, yes, civility, ArbCom restriction, no belittling, blah blah blah :roll:
Holocaust every day?
I'd just like to note that Preps 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, and 2 each contain a Holocaust hook. We do have a lot of Holocaust-era nominations now, but we shouldn't be running them every day. Yoninah (talk) 19:48, 17 November 2018 (UTC)

We run random insects all the time, we run random footballers all the time. This is no different really. The Rambling Man (talk) 19:54, 17 November 2018 (UTC)

I disagree. Day after day of Holocaust makes it look like we're pushing an agenda. All I'm asking is to space them out more. Yoninah (talk) 20:00, 17 November 2018 (UTC)

I realise you disagree, but the fact of the matter is that I find them interesting, and to call The Holocaust "an agenda" is somewhat troubling. I find insects incredibly boring but we push those in almost every set. Perhaps there's some kind of insect agenda... The Rambling Man (talk) 20:11, 17 November 2018 (UTC)

It's curious that you find hooks on insects in almost every set because we haven't had an insect hook for more than a month. Perhaps you should have your eyes tested? ;-) Cwmhiraeth (talk) 07:06, 18 November 2018 (UTC)

Are you ready to apologise for accusing me of being a liar yet? The Rambling Man (talk) 09:01, 18 November 2018 (UTC)

So, where are these insect hooks which appear in almost every set? Cwmhiraeth (talk) 09:26, 18 November 2018 (UTC)

Once you apologise for accusing me of lying, you may address me directly. The Rambling Man (talk) 12:52, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
Definitely got a little black uniform in his wardrobe, this fucker. I guess we should be happy he only appears to have designs on taking over Wikipedia, his edit rate wouldn't leave much time for needing to take it out to wear it. Indeed, he may be doing this on Wikipedia because he has so little power in real life.

Sad. Still terribly destructive for Wikipedia to allow it to continue, day after day after day. Exchanges like this are certainly more frequent than insect DYKs.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Nope, said Black Kite & Dweller.

(sigh)

Someone should take a survey at -- say -- WP:CeNT. I would be genuinely interested to see what random "members" of the "fused group" writing free knowledge think about this AE sideshow.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:24 am

It's pathetic.

Yesterday I got an off-wiki complaint about TRM. I dealt with it via email, and he resolved the issue quickly and easily. Notice how I didn't block anyone for a month. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 17:47, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
Notice how Ritchie doesn't say what the complaint was, nor is is he actually asking TRM to resolve this issue.......

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:33 am

331dot proving yet again what a mistake it was to make him an Administrator.....
I see nothing actionable. The statements are not what is being claimed. I concur with Thryduulf above. TRM draws increased scrutiny due to his efforts in high profile areas and we should all focus on improving this project instead of discussing every potentially questionable comment he makes. I agree that Sandstein should recuse themselves from anything involving TRM. 331dot (talk) 14:01, 22 November 2018 (UTC)

I have no intention to recuse myself from this and any future case involving The Rambling Man. I regularly work at AE and comment or act on most cases, whereas the admins who I recall often defending The Rambling Man seem to show up here mostly or only when The Rambling Man's conduct is at issue. This makes me take their input less seriously, and it seems to me that it is they who should consider whether they are sufficiently impartial. Sandstein 17:14, 22 November 2018 (UTC)

It is certainly your prerogative to not recuse, as I have no means to force you to do so. However, I continue to believe it to be a grave error on your part. It is unfortunate you believe that only those who are here all the time merit having their comments seriously considered. If that's so, then you should make a formal proposal to limit commenters here to a named group of admins. A fresh or just different perspective is often helpful. My impartiality on this issue is clear. A month block is only punitive and you want to issue one for every instance someone drags TRM here. 331dot (talk) 23:08, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
What? You really need to be formally asked to stop turnng up to AE just to defend TRM? Seriously? Why not go re-read WP:ADMIN, you absolutely fuckwit.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:55 am

I love Thryduulf. In their desperation to show Sandstein is biased, it ironically exposed the fact that Black Kite has previously admitted his own bias and seems to only ever have one opinion of reports about TRM (no violation). It also exposed the fact that Thryduulf's previous "polite request" to TRM to stop antagonizing people, was completely ignored. I am shocked.

Thryduulf is frankly, really pathetic. He obviously accepts he cannot change TRM's behaviour, he knows he's going to get blocked eventually, and more than justifiably (forget the sanction, his behaviour is way over the line regarding simple civility, which is the bizarre aspect of this whole farce) his solution is to claim the person most likely to do it, is biased.

They keep going on about context, as if the context is not abundantly clear. TRM thinks he can treat people like absolute shit, for no other reason than he thinks they do bad things. The context is that Thryduulf wants that situation to continue indefinitely, as if TRM being desyopped, as if TRM being under a behavioural sanction, as if TRM feeling compelled to stay away from WP:ERRORS (or be topic banned), as if countless people calling his behaviour disgraceful, is all some kind of giant mistake.