Floquenbeam

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Floquenbeam

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:32 pm

What a surprise.....
SD0001, Jusdafax, Bilorv, and PackMecEng, between you (and others) you have turned this RfA into an absolute classic example of all that is rotten with the process. I concur entirely with Black Kite and RexxS. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 21:44, 26 July 2019 (UTC)
Black Kite trolled three opposers in his support, then tries to justify himself by calling it something it clearly wasn't, in the process ignoring the fact what he is calling it (simply voting support to cancel out an oppose you disagree with) wouldn't fly as a very valid RfA vote in a non-rotten process anyway, and after he cried crocodile tears RexxS has duly turned up to say that while he is terribly upset that Black Kite is being repeatedly called a troll, he isn't going to report it, he's just going to note the person's name in his little black book, as if that sort of user intimidation is remotely acceptable from an Administrator, and KUDPUNG DOESN'T THINK ANY OF THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM WITH RFA?

RexxS isn't reporting it because he knows fine well Black Kite was trolling, and it was so blatantly trolling he would absolutely attract the attention of someone at AN/I who wouldn't be afraid to appoint out he has form for it, and act accordingly.

It's genuinely sick. The sheer arrogance of takes to be this blatantly hypocritical, all out in the open, like nobody else can see them. They deserve everything that happens to them.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:40 am

Apparently now it's a personal attack on Floquenbeam to point out the obvious - he acted without knowing all the facts.

This is how desperate these people are. This of course was from Lourdes, and we know she's not right in the head at all.

The less mental people are otherwise simply demonstrating their talent for false equivalence.

If you don't have all the facts, there is only one sensible course of action, prevention of further harm. It really is that simple. This is baked into some of the policies Floquenbeam is supposed to be proficient in.

It doesn't work the other way, there is no sense from a harm reduction standpoint in acting without all the necessary information. And while we know for sure Floquenbeam didn't have all the facts, it is merely speculation to claim the Foundation didn't either.

When your precious ArbCom confirmed that your theories about the incompetence of Trust and Safety proved unfounded given the quality of the dossier handed to them, that was really when you should have stopped trying to pretend Floquenbeam was acting on the same if not more knowledge of the facts.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:47 am

Hilarious to see MalanieN trying to argue Floquenbeam is the victim, and everyone opposing him is an idiot who just cannot remember what really happened.
I’d just like to respond to the opposers who are saying that Floq acted “rashly”, “emotionally”, “recklessly”, as a “drama queen” when he unblocked Fram. The opposite was the case. This was back in the early days when WMF was blowing us off, totally ignoring us and our questions.
She carries on for quite some time, but the name of the game is already apparent in this opening.

The fact her recollection is horrendously biased, her interpretation of the meaning and significance of the two responses the Foundation managed to issue before Floquenbeam threw his grenade being wholly open to challenge, is almost a given.

What shocked me were the massive lies about the basic fact of the timeline. This is what actually happened: Fram was blocked at 17:41, 10 June 2019. The Foundation made their first statement at 20:58. At 11.50 the next day, Floquenbeam declared his intention to unblock as soon as he got to a computer, and that he wished this to be the start of a chaotic series of desysopps and wheel wars. As it turned out, he was bluffing, and he had actually done nothing by the time the Foundation announced a second statement was imminent, at 18.58. At 19.11 Floquenbeam said he would wait for this new information. It was published at 19.27, and contained a promise that at least one more statement would be forthcoming. At 19.39, Floquenbeam unblocked.

Her version of this timeline is absolutely garbage, and yet curiously benefits her romanticized recollection of Floquenbeam's role as a calm and deliberative person. Twice she tries to claim the period I describe above covered days, not in reality just over one day from start to finish. Worse, she claims Floquenbeam gave the WMF a deadline or a "day or two", when no such deadline was given at all, except 'when I get home'.

It is fitting that Floquenbeam's supporters are so reluctant to even let him stand trial based on a factual recounting of events.

She had to lie about the timeline and basic sequence of events, even before she gathered in the biased interpretation of the more subjective issues, because that alone is what condemns Floquenbeam. By any reasonable measure, he was acting out of emotion, he was being rash and reckless, and he was absolutely aiming to inject even more drama to an already tense situation.

It makes him look like a fool if he is seriously going to stand there and deny it. Because if this is his version of cool, calm and collected.....

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:16 am

Right on cue....
A damn fine administrator,......[gushing eulogy]...... Anyone who wasn’t tracking the event closely should read MelanieN’s analysis. –xenotalk 22:09, 26 July 2019 (UTC)
There's a Bureaucrat, endorsing a factually inaccurate and horrendously biased recounting of events.

Disgraceful. Hopefully they recuse if he drops below 75%, but the mere fact you can recuse is not meant to be a free pass to go tipping the scales with your position of influence. There are people out there who lack even the single brain cell it takes to spot Melanie's errors, or the two needed to spot her bias, but will readily take her "analysis" as read if a Bureaucrat endorses it.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:12 am

Ah, see, the facade that Floquenbeam can tolerate anyone disagreeing with him, couldn't even be maintained for seven days......
Perspective
It’s not just WP; the whole internet/country/world is similarly fucked. Oddly enough, the actual humans I know in real life haven’t become more obnoxious. Don’t let him get to you; the people who count can see thru the hypocrisy. The people who count know it isn’t trolling. Thanks for your comments. —Floquenbeam (talk) 21:27, 26 July 2019 (UTC)
Arguably it wasn't just trolling. It was worse. It was the sort of unhealthy interaction that disturbs women users particularly.

But hey, it's Floquenbeam, expecting him to possess the PERSPECTIVE of a woman, is fanciful. A polite and respectful young man, is a stretch, by his own admission.

But there it is, in all it's glory - The people who count. What a scumbag. The people who earned a creepy revenge support from Black Kite for daring to speak of Floquenbeam in terms like "attention-seeking and disruptive", they're not just wrong, they don't count. Just like all the people who tried to persuade Floquenbeam he was being rash and reckless and potentially threatening the safety of users, didn't count.

Nobody who disagrees with Floquenbeam, counts. He can fake it enough to get by, but when emotions are high, his true self comes out.

Let's talk about perspective. Let's talk about an Administrator who sees a fellow Administrator saying things like......
I presume it's the Trump thing with people like you, isn't it?
....and....
I thought I told you to fuck off last time you called me a troll? This isn't turning into a learning experience for you, is it?
......and embraces him as someone whose assistance in this RfA is both welcome and to be thanked.

Shit, let's talk about hypocrisy. Let's talk about how Floquenbeam saw his good pal Black Kite say this....
We don't need shit like that - simply explain why you don't agree with the nom and leave it there.
.....and didn't then ask himself why Black Kite cannot apparently take his own advice?

Black Kite trolled. He was being a troll, he did troll. He supported Floquenbeam only by saying this......
Support per User:SD0001, User:Jusdafax, User:Bilorv and others.
.......calling out opposers by name. Why? Merely to cancel out their votes because he thought they were abusing Floquenbeam.

He's didn't simply warn the users for this supposed abuse, he didn't file a generic support referring to his distaste with some of the opposition. He wanted to be sinister and cryptic, he wanted people to know why he said that, he wanted the intended targets to react, he specifically pinged them to attract their attention.

If the people who count are the ones who think Black Kite is operating to a higher standard, then Wikipedia is in deep trouble. And we already know it is. Black Kite has his own glorious part in that history too, specifically in being less than concerned about how Wikipedia looks to women users.

Floquenbeam belongs to a past life Wikipedia badly needs to shed. He says he has lost enthusiasm for the project and may not even do anything even if he does pass. So why does he want it? Well, as well as winning this specific battle against the Foundation, he wants to remind all those users the Foundation wants to attract, who really runs the site. He wants to remind them that whatever marketing guff they were sold about a safe and respectful environment, if they don't do as he and his scum friend here says, they're not getting any respect, and they can forget about feeling safe.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:40 am

Black Kite has now run away, departing the wiki for an undetermined period, either because he fears being investigated for his long record of misconduct, or he just flipped out at the unusual sight of people actually standing up to his attempted bullying and general rank hypocrisy.

You need better defenders, Floquenbeam. The shared traits and thus what ties "you people" together in apparent common cause no matter what the damage to the projects, are becoming rather obvious.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:44 am

I wonder how many are sock-puppets. For example, here's the season-greeting bot "Mona.N", with the template message "Sure, wish you good luck in your RfA." :lol: WTF

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... get=Mona.N

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:35 pm

This is the problem with Wikipedia's idea of self-governance. It's only now, with just under 2 days to go, before anyone has even laid out in proper horrifying detail, just what utterly biased self-serving community deluding horseshit the candidate's own description of what he did, really is.......
he says he carefully considered the pros and cons of doing so, and quadruple checked that [he] hadn’t missed anything. Well, Floq missed that it was midnight in San Fran when Fram made their first statement, and that it was 5am in San Fran when Floq announced his intention to unblock based on the WMF not saying "more" in response to that statement. Floq gave the WMF only three hours to respond, even in the face of dozens of editors asking him to wait. He asked Arbcom to weigh in, but didn't wait for them to do so, even when an arbitrator asked him to wait to give them time. Floq unblocked 12 minutes after the WMF's second statement because it didn't satisfy his concerns. But AFAIK, he never asked the WMF any questions or ever said what information he wanted from him, besides "to say more". He didn't wait for community input, or ask follow-ups to the WMF. It had been only 26 hours after Fram was blocked at this point. Floq didn't sleep on it. He didn't wait a day.
What weight should you assign unexplained or vacuous support votes, given information like that? Let's be generous and say 1/10th of what you give a voter who has demonstrated due diligence and respect for the process. But in reality, what weight will the corrupt Bureaucrats give them? 100%. Well, probably 110% if we're learning lessons from RexxS.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Support I wasted more time than I should have reading the opposes found them bereft of convincing reasons to not re-mop. All actions made on WP are open to question whether they are from first time IP editors or WMF employees. Catfish Jim and the soapdish 11:44, 27 July 2019 (UTC)
Tedious. Nobody in the cult questions Global Bans. Nobody. Not even rough tough Leroy Floquenbrown.

So, y'know, fuck you?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Support Until recently this user was an admin in good standing. I appreciate this user taking action in advocacy of my rights and the rights of the Wikimedia community. I do not expect anyone in such a position to attain the appearance of diplomatic perfection. When there is a challenge to freedom I want everyone to stand up and advocate for the good side of history, which is governance for and by the people. If there was a misstep here then I would forgive. In all the publication, I am not aware of a misstep which bars re-adminship. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:33, 27 July 2019 (UTC)
HEY DICKHEAD.

What actual rights do you think you have? Before and after Floquenbeam donned a kilt and blue and white face paint?

What is wrong with these people? How can they not see, they have no rights, except stuff like copyright, and the right to vanish. The community as an entity, has no rights at all. None.

If being a part of the community is freedom, well, I think even some people in third world countries would think the amount of coercion and intimidation and corruption that is accepted as normal in that shithole, is just too much.

Probably weight given to this vote? 110%