Greg Kohs has been WMF globally banned

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Greg Kohs has been WMF globally banned

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:52 am

Flip Flopped wrote:
Mutineer wrote:As for Kohs, did he do something lately? It does seem a little strange that WMF acts out of the blue, but maybe there's a context I haven't come across.
I think they were waiting for WO to become the spent-force it is. The WMF always wanted to block Kohs. He had edited on Commons and Meta relatively recently.

Greg also hires third parties to edit occasionally. I know a couple of them, and they have requested anonymity. Not making much money for it anyway.

This "ban" is useless and does nothing to stop third-party paid editing. It's just petty insider bullshit; they know they are being petty; they continue to do it. And that is what will eventually run all Wikimedia projects into the ground.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:42 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:
Mutineer wrote:As for Kohs, did he do something lately? It does seem a little strange that WMF acts out of the blue, but maybe there's a context I haven't come across.
I think they were waiting for WO to become the spent-force it is. The WMF always wanted to block Kohs. He had edited on Commons and Meta relatively recently.

Greg also hires third parties to edit occasionally. I know a couple of them, and they have requested anonymity. Not making much money for it anyway.

This "ban" is useless and does nothing to stop third-party paid editing. It's just petty insider bullshit; they know they are being petty; they continue to do it. And that is what will eventually run all Wikimedia projects into the ground.
Seems I head Kohs pays about ten bucks an hour. I've only heard second-hand names of people who worked for him. I think Carrite might have accepted some paid editing from Kohs, but I'm not clear on that.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:13 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:Seems I head Kohs pays about ten bucks an hour. I've only heard second-hand names of people who worked for him. I think Carrite might have accepted some paid editing from Kohs, but I'm not clear on that.

No one will admit it openly because then some smug twat like Andy Mabbett, Orangemike or Smallbones will follow them around, shrieking "OUT DAMNED SPOT" and getting blocks applied for any/no reason. That is a seriously broken subculture. They openly encourage mental illness and displays thereof.

Mabbett is unbelievable. The Internet equivalent of a schizophrenic homeless man carrying signs protesting something unintelligible. And they let him participate as if he were a "pillar of the community". Because he's a "useful idiot".

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Mon May 01, 2017 2:26 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:Seems I head Kohs pays about ten bucks an hour. I've only heard second-hand names of people who worked for him. I think Carrite might have accepted some paid editing from Kohs, but I'm not clear on that.

No one will admit it openly because then some smug twat like Andy Mabbett, Orangemike or Smallbones will follow them around, shrieking "OUT DAMNED SPOT" and getting blocks applied for any/no reason. That is a seriously broken subculture. They openly encourage mental illness and displays thereof.

Mabbett is unbelievable. The Internet equivalent of a schizophrenic homeless man carrying signs protesting something unintelligible. And they let him participate as if he were a "pillar of the community". Because he's a "useful idiot".
I haven't read Mabbett in a couple of years. He's a darling of WM UK.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 am

I'm not going soft on Kohs, but I give him credit for looking into the situation of Graaf Statler, the guy who was banned at the same time he was. Kohs pointed out that Statler seems to have a blog post in Dutch explaining why he's so pissed at Wikipedia. Here's the blog post in Dutch: https://pediahoedblog.wordpress.com/201 ... wikipedia/.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat May 06, 2017 1:47 am

Flip Flopped wrote:I'm not going soft on Kohs, but I give him credit for looking into the situation of Graaf Statler, the guy who was banned at the same time he was. Kohs pointed out that Statler seems to have a blog post in Dutch explaining why he's so pissed at Wikipedia. Here's the blog post in Dutch: https://pediahoedblog.wordpress.com/201 ... wikipedia/.
Statler has shown up at both WO and the new WR. I referred a question he had about Natuur12 to Barbour over here, but he doesn't seem to have registered. Apparently he's surprised by his SanFranBan.

Kato
Sucks

Post by Kato » Sat May 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:I'm not going soft on Kohs, but I give him credit for looking into the situation of Graaf Statler, the guy who was banned at the same time he was. Kohs pointed out that Statler seems to have a blog post in Dutch explaining why he's so pissed at Wikipedia. Here's the blog post in Dutch: https://pediahoedblog.wordpress.com/201 ... wikipedia/.
Statler has shown up at both WO and the new WR. I referred a question he had about Natuur12 to Barbour over here, but he doesn't seem to have registered. Apparently he's surprised by his SanFranBan.
GraafStatler is a meatpuppet of another banned user.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat May 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Kato wrote:GraafStatler is a meatpuppet of another banned user.

Got any further evidence? Just curious. If he's running a sock farm, this is just another futile attempt by the WMF to purge sock farms they don't like.

I ran his blog post thru G-Translate - this happened on nl-WP. He was forced out by Natuur12, one of ni-WP's worst admins. Oscar Van Dillen was mentioned--he is a former WMF Trustee. Went to their Arbcom and was ignored. He showed up on Meta and argued with WMF insiders and was eternabanned. Just another pointless day on the Wiki-Idiot-Ranch.....

Translation of their discussion to "kill" the sock farm. Scroll down to the "Count Statler" section. The notorious MoiraMoira was also involved.
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=

Kato
Sucks

Post by Kato » Sun May 14, 2017 7:42 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Kato wrote:GraafStatler is a meatpuppet of another banned user.

Got any further evidence? Just curious. If he's running a sock farm, this is just another futile attempt by the WMF to purge sock farms they don't like.

I ran his blog post thru G-Translate - this happened on nl-WP. He was forced out by Natuur12, one of ni-WP's worst admins. Oscar Van Dillen was mentioned--he is a former WMF Trustee. Went to their Arbcom and was ignored. He showed up on Meta and argued with WMF insiders and was eternabanned. Just another pointless day on the Wiki-Idiot-Ranch.....

Translation of their discussion to "kill" the sock farm. Scroll down to the "Count Statler" section. The notorious MoiraMoira was also involved.
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=
Hi Eric,
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... Statler_II
Many of the users mentioned by Count Statler indicated that Count Statler's behavior itself is a problem. The most common problems are a confused and incoherent way of communicating, which escalates with some regularity to gross language and other unwanted behavior.
We had decided to exit Auggie's forum for the identical abusive language and hostility GS displayed to us and which Auggie and the other mods there strangely tolerated.

GS was running a meat farm over at NLwiki at the instance of another G-banned user who had a feud with Natuur12 at Commons. In fact the GS account was opened sometime after the Commons admin was C-banned there after the WMF G-ban. It employed the usual impersonation of a dead person which the (first) Gbanned user (a prolific socker) was prone to use.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun May 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Kato wrote:We had decided to exit Auggie's forum for the identical abusive language and hostility GS displayed to us and which Auggie and the other mods there strangely tolerated.

Auggie is tolerant of a certain class of shit-disturber for whom content is a minor issue...

GS was running a meat farm over at NLwiki at the instance of another G-banned user who had a feud with Natuur12 at Commons. In fact the GS account was opened sometime after the Commons admin was C-banned there after the WMF G-ban. It employed the usual impersonation of a dead person which the (first) Gbanned user (a prolific socker) was prone to use.

Were they indeed actually trying to generate or change some specific content, or was it just kicking a hornet's nest for the lulz?