The Tryptofish was a friend o mine

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
sashi
Sucks Critic

The Tryptofish was a friend o mine

Post by sashi » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:02 pm

He drink wada, Houndfish drink the wine...

I remember him floating over to Jill Stein because he was tracking Petrarchan47's contributions. That was before I knew about that thing they say about hounding.

Now he's boasting about his bannification string at the Chez Jimbo bar & grill (§). Lawd, lawd, wud'n'at a fish...

ed: fixed link, typo in name
Last edited by sashi on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The Tryptofish was a friend o mine

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:23 am

I have literally no clue what you are saying Sashi.

You talking about this?
Well, the text version that I proposed in WP:GMORFC was strongly endorsed and selected by the community, so I'm not that much of an outlier. Also, although ArbCom chose not to sanction many editors in the case itself, a significant number of named parties were subsequently topic-banned at WP:AE under the discretionary sanctions. And given the diff shown just above by Aircorn, I hardly think that Guy is the one casting aspersions. --Tryptofish (talk) 21:11, 20 August 2018 (UTC)

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Yes that's it, sorry for being so lazy last night. I accidentally included two links to the song instead of the link to chez Jimbo: source. (That's your text above)

Here's what I'm referring to:

Tryptofish wrote:There is a very simple reason why I was drawn to editing this page. I have followed the edits of editors who were parties to the GMO ArbCom case (to my knowledge, they have not edited the Clinton page), and I observed that one such editor made an edit to this page that violated the DS, so I came here and corrected it.

source (Nov 19, 2016)

Petrarchan47 first edited the page on 20 August 2016 @ 03:41. It is their only edit to the page to date. §
Tryptofish’s first appearance was on 20 August 2016 @ 17:01. §

Tryptofish was involved in getting at least three people thrown off that page with the help of Neutrality: me, Anonywiki, and Elvey. Looking back, I remember now that people tried to warn Elvey of what was coming:

Arizona IP wrote:You are indeed headed for a topic (or possibly community) ban with your edits to [[Jill Stein]]; others have been hunted and haunted before you. Be careful. source

Trypto's contributions to the page included what is in green below:

Trypto/Wiki wrote:===Science===

The peer-reviewed report Stein co-authored with [[Physicians for a National Health Program]], In Harm's Way: Toxic Threats to Child Development,§ received endorsements from six experts on public health. §. Stein has said: "For science geeks, you can show yourself if you have any doubt that I too am a science geek."§

source

which seem to me a rather jarring register change (even if the initial sentence does contain puff)... we go from a PubMed referenced piece and its back-cover blurbs to an out of context citation that has nothing to do with anything.

Trypto's contributions to the talk page were frequently loaded with threats of imminent DS crackdowns at ArbEnforcement... in other words... he's not as chill a fish as he might appear, at the time he was more of a skilly spinner of DS traps.

Really, of all the diffs in this post the one that cries out to be read in context is the one where he admits hounding in order to dodge charges of bias/COI. He and his buddy Neutrality (& the Snoog, of course) just looked to be fun-house mirroring the Atlantic council so well that a lot of people got confused, I guess...

Now, in fact, JS in the scientific writings I read, doesn't talk much about GMO at all. She does talk a lot about pesticides though (especially in chapter 7 of In Harm's Way), which brings us back round to Roundup...

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:05 pm

If I recall correctly I was heavily involved in Tryptofish's editing area when socking as The Prince of Thieves, the general impression I took was that he is part of a little club of editors that frequently edit DS affected areas such as Trump's pages.

Ths club is made up of:

EEng
Atsme
Tryptofish
MjolnirPants
Ritchie333
PaleoNeonate
Shock Brigade Harvester Boris
Martinevans123
L3X1
nagualdesign
Lourdes
(I might have missed someone)

This little mini-cabal is very powerful due to hiding all issues under a smokescreen of humour and a shield of DS sanctions.

Good stuff.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Dysklyver wrote:(I might have missed someone)
Volunteer Marek.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Uh oh. Looks like Trypto is in his derailer bot and has Drmies on board...

(This conflict wasn't hard to predict given just how long Trypto has been following Petrarchan47)

It also is a very interesting case study of the degree to which speech is policed on en-wp.

wp:casting aspersions includes citations from five ArbCom cases; nevertheless the bewildered reader is told that this page is not policy. It does very much appear that the GMO case transformed a common-sense prohibition on evidence-free false accusations against a person into a tool of control.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:24 pm

I am still convinced the "Trump cabal" is a thing. 8-)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:49 pm

User:Sandstein..... I'm not happy with how this went and how you closed this--if I had been you, I'd have someone else close it..... Drmies (talk) 00:47, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
This is what I love about Wikipedia. Reading this cold, people might have no clue Drmies is the Administrator who lamented recently how they failed to do right by Malik Shabbaz. Y'know, the guy who said those Level 1 harassment type things about Sandstein, part of an obvious long term campaign, and received no more than a three day block. If Drmies wants to keep throwing shade at Sandtein, like he hasn't already done him a huge courtesy of never making an issue of this sort of unedifying conduct, that's cool. It only gives people out here in the real world even more motivation to ensure Malik gets the WMF Global Ban he so richly deserves. Actions have consequences. If you think you're untouchable because you're inside the protective bubble of Wikipedia, you done fucked up. BOY.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sat May 04, 2019 10:28 am

I noticed today that Malik is the principal author of the Haymarket Affair entry on en.wp. Robert McClenon doesn't seem to be aware of the strange story about MayDay being a near-universal date to celebrate labor, except on the continent where the actual MayDay strikes led to some skewed trials... (edit: in case this is obscure: §)

Anyway, I just wanted to buzz back in here, because looking back, in point of fact Trypto is remembering wrongly.

The fish did not put the references not mentioning Stein (what Petra had removed) back into her bio... that was Victoria Grayson. The (edit) is interesting in its own right (all Harambe chest-beating aside), but the re-addition is at the very bottom. I wonder why Trypto says that he did what Victoria did?

Weird. For more recent affairs at AN/I, I'd best keep my mouth shut. But there is a friendly message at 3:00 in this video for the #resistance.