mendaliv

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: mendaliv

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:23 am

mendaliv wrote:Yeah, this generally was something we discussed in the editathon workshop I attended several years ago, specifically grant-writing on Meta. The person who gave the lectures mostly focused on number of articles created as a way of quantifying success for the purposes of follow-up reporting for the grant (and in that way helping to build your credibility for future grants). The draft grant I’d made in that workshop (which I unfortunately lost) would’ve made use of DYKs as a measure of success as well, which the host thought was a cool idea, but there were obvious concerns with the idea, which I also don’t recall clearly. I think they focused on the amount of control the workshop coordinator would need to impose on what’s supposed to be relatively freeform and fun for participants, and not so much a concern about toxicity at DYK (though “toxicity” wasn’t exactly a buzzword at that point).

And the toxic element was/where you and your WO/chapter friends, mendaliv. Because not I was the one who wanted to fuck Laura Hale as Vigilant suggested, you guys where. To fuck her in every cavity you could find with her cloths on, because that was what you guys tried to do the past time and did.

OK, maybe that Australian Paralympic project wasn't so succesfull, can be. But in that case you first try to help her, and if that doesn't work you start a frendly discussion about the fact it doesn't work with her. But for sure not this Fram shit! And for sure you are not misusing the Trolling&Sucks weapon whit all kind of Eurocrap and guy's die niet als een ander zijn like you guys are used to do! Because the woman was obesely good willing, young and inexperienced and for sure not one of the advantaged gender bitches and gender jerks of the gender maffia! In no way she has deserved this treatment. In no way. It is disgusting!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:44 am

He's talking crap. He doesn't know what the GDPR is for, much less what you need to request, who to request it from, and why.

Absolutely full of shit, morning, noon and night. Just gobbing off because he has nothing better to do, and plenty of people dumb enough to listen.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:08 am

In the beginning of the so called Framgate or Halegate i made a quick scan of the "Laura Hale mess" and I found simple but good sourced articles. They where to the point in in my opinion absolute not bad and for sure not as bad as suggested. Anyway, they where in my opinion a solide base to expand and in no way the usual wikipedia crap what belongs strait in the digital dust can. By helping her in this process and being friendly to her I am pretty sure she had developed herself to a solide editor. Because from my own experience I know that takes time altough the Dutch wiki community did nothing to help or to stimulate me, they where only turning me down.

They simple destroyed the potentieel good editor in her just like they have demotivated me as a editor. Even trolling the shit out of them is to much trouble for me although they absolute should deserve that.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:19 pm

RE: Fram is a test case, Corbutt is the real target

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 00#p246652

Mendaliv wrote:Yep, like I've been saying, this can be easily analogized to Thomas Jefferson's attack on the federal judiciary during his administration. The Democratic-Republican-controlled Congress impeached John Pickering first, being a fairly easy target as a prominent Federalist politician from New Hampshire who was essentially .....

And Jake actually allows this sort of crap?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Jake aloud anything and called once Drmies and Ymnes total crap and told me he is against wikipedia from the beginning. A better HTD advocate than Jake doesn't exist.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:25 am

More from Mendaliv:

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 00#p246717

Oh sure, there's nothing keeping an adjudicator from editorializing in decisions that a rule ought to be changed, and for administrative bodies that have both an adjudicative and rulemaking role, they may in fact change the rules directly. The Committee's own policies implicitly recognize a separate adjudicatory and rulemaking role (ideally, their rulemaking is supposed to be circumscribed, with limited tasks such as making the rules arbitration procedure and proposing changes to the arbitration policy, and excluding the making of substantive editorial or behavioral policy).

But back to the Committee, the way the arbitration policy works is that it designates the Committee as an adjudicative body, and explicitly prohibits it from engaging in substantive policymaking. It can interpret policy as it exists and apply it, of course. An interesting corollary of this, and something that isn't being followed on Wikipedia, is that if the Committee is only authorized to interpret and apply policy rather than change and create policy, then if the policy changes, the Committee decisions interpreting and applying that policy are superseded. My understanding of actual practice, however, is that nobody would permit ..........

Yeah dude -- whatever rocks your boat.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 am

I just wish people would stop saying "casting aspersions" every ten seconds.
Wishes are for fairies.

You're the Wikipedia lawyer, you know how to stop this if you really cared (and if we're meant to seriously believe casting aspersions on Wikipedia is not this prevalent).

Whining about it on Wikipediocracy is an odd choice for relief. Casting aspersions is kind of their thing.

I may have just cast an apserion there, you will note. And yet I have and sneaking suspicion they'll not be coming here to seek redress, they know what the cost of such an exercise would be.

Yours, the Big Bad Wolf & Co.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am

Nowadays it's understood that NLT blocks should only lie when the editor says the equivalent of, "I'm suing you and WMF because you did X", or perhaps, ". Things like, "Stop posting this, it's defamatory and exposes Wikipedia to lawsuit by the article subject" isn't within NLT, but I have argued that similar non-NLT comments should draw a block when they're basically disruptive fearmongering being used to win an argument by driving off other editors. Really, I see these as equivalent to, e.g., Fae calling people transphobic for disagreeing with how the Yanav case should be treated under BLP.

You are a fucking shithead and probably the only lawyer Wikipedia could get for there digital madhouse. Your edits are defaming me and I'm talking to my lawyers about it is of course never a legal treat. When Edo send his crazy, insane mails I talked it over with my lawyer yes, seems to me logical. Special because his name was mentioned. But did I had any moment the intention to sue Edo? No. Much better would it be if your shitty T&S was a real T&S and took messenges against someone who did this kind of things. You are defently a prutser. And one day I assure you with your shitty mentality someone will sues wikiidians, my friend. But for sure in that case you are not at home.

Better to burn your papers in the open fire and start a hamburger restaurant with Alexander idiot. You are a big nothing.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:13 am

mendroll wrote:I think it’s extremely likely WMF implements an unban, but I think that’s all they’ll do. If the Committee found cause to, say, sanction Eissfeldt or T&S as an organization for duplicity with the evidence, there’s no way WMF would obey it or honor that decision, because all they agreed to do was to let WMF look at the ban, it’s length and scope.

But again that’s not my argument: It’s not the Committee unbanning Fram if they do, it’s WMF accepting the Committee’s recommendation. There’s something very different about the Committee giving WMF advice and the Committee ruling on the propriety of a WMF action. As tempting as it may be to take the postmodernist view that what matters is power and outcomes rather than adherence to the rules, look at the principles involved from a structural perspective. The Committee is a binding dispute resolution body, not an advisory body.

Keep on dreaming, you fake lawyer. Just fuck off and take Vigtroll and Bart Legal with you.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Running before he can walk. Just stick to first providing proof for an extremely serious charge of "duplicity with the evidence". Wikipedians can do that with pretty much zero consequences, hence why it is so prevalent. Paid staff and indeed corporate officers, cannot, hence why it is so rare.