Amaury

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Amaury

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Following on from this.
Amaury has been cautioned to tone it down and has agreed to do so. Moving on... -Ad Orientem (talk) 21:18, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
Woah, hold up there Skippy.

Let examine what really happened. They admitted blowing the original complaint off, apparently being only prepared to even acknowledge someone if they were an Administrator. He claimed he was only rude in 1% of his edits, you said the report detailed lots of bad stuff in a compressed period of time, he simply repeated the claim this is rare. He spoke a lot about "swears", apparently not realizing that WP:CIVIL is not simply a ban on swearing. He's tried to justify himself by explaining how tiring it is to have 50 IP editors making the same has edit, apparently not realizing he is not obliged to respond properly 40 times and then blow his top, he's meant to react properly 50 times, or just not get involved if he can't keep his cool.

This editor, despite his ten year record, clearly still has fundamental problems understanding basic elements of WP:CIVIL and WP:AGF, and more importantly, doesn't seem to be treating Wikipedia as a hobby. He seems to have taken personal responsibility for the quality of a bunch of kids TV articles, even though he apparently cannot handle it. It is showing, in his misconduct, and how he tries to excuse it.

You warning is more than likely going to be worthless. In his very lengthy replies, I could only find these few words......
I definitely appreciate your concern......I'm more than willing to dial it down.
.....that even quality as the acknowledgement you think you have obtained. Non-specific, non-committal. Not remotely convincing that this user even understands what he did wrong, other than swearing, which was not the sum total of the complaint. It will likely be of no use to any Administrator in future, they may not even notice these few words in the pile of excuses.

You should have done more. If you like putting warnings in pretty coloured boxes, maybe try putting what you consider was the resolution to the issue in a different coloured pretty box. I predict that the only "moving on" that happens here, will be you. You're not going to monitor this user to hold him to this final warning.

Indeed, it is noted that you seem to be on rather good terms, him evidently seeing you as a goto Admin.....

https://xtools.wmflabs.org/topedits/en. ... 20Orientem

.......so it seems reasonable to conclude you were less than objective in how you assessed this user's level of acceptance or sincerity.