Floquenbeam

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Floquenbeam

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:23 pm

This user's first edit in three years......
Support I don't think we should lose a good admin because they took a strong stand in favour of due process and against unexplained exercises of power. Kobnach (talk) 16:39, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
Totaly legit, right?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Say whaaaat?
By the time Floquenbeam unblocked Fram, the WMF had twice made formal statements saying in effect that they were not going to tell anyone why they banned Fram, that the Wikipedia community had no right to such knowledge, and that there was nothing the Wikipedia community could do about it. The WMF's position was quite clear by then.--Wikimedes (talk) 06:43, 28 July 2019 (UTC)
Um, the ridiculous interpretation of the content aside, were these really the same statements where the Foundation said they were still trying to catch up with everything that the mob was saying, and had promised at least one more statement?

No surprise that Floquenbeam is supported by lying fucks who think they can reimagine basic facts about what the ENEMY did, and there will be no consequences.

Who will block this turd? Not Floquenbeam. Nor hundreds of other Administrators who support him.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:44 pm

Just bizarre.
Having followed the discussion and read all the supports, opposes and talk-page notes over the past week, I am happy to confirm my support for Floq's adminship. Opabinia regalis's statement tallies with my observation of Floq's actions as an admin, and I agree with MelanieN's recounting of the circumstances and effectiveness of Floq's participation in the Fram-affair. To me, this direct evidence of how they'll work as an admin is much more valuable than surrogate markers, such as their mainspace contributions or what attitude one senses in their nomination statement (fwiw, I read it as conversational and self-deprecating but everyone, including me, brings in their own cultural and personal biases; so ymmv). Abecedare (talk) 14:07, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
You can't have read everything and still think MelanieN isn't lying her ass off. Well you can, but it involves a perception altering brain disease, or a wilful desire to deceive the community, presume for the same reasons Melanie is lying.

Oh, and I'm British. We invented self-deprecation. That statement was not it. That statement is exactly as many people have described - arrogant, dismissive, presumptive. In Britland, we'd say he was taking the absolute piss.

How do they think they can get away with it? Oh, that's right, because Wikipedia is corrupt. And this RfA is going to be decided by the most corrupt of all, the Bureaucrats. You can expect even more liberties taken as happened with RexxS.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:45 pm

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Arrogant Administrator has arrogant supporters. Hilarious to see how many just lazily supported on the assumption this would be a formality, and have returned now to say whatever they think they need to, to convince people they had really thought about it. They didn't, obviously.

Of course, some are just playing the game....
Support per nom statement and without more words. Newyorkbrad (talk) 05:36, 23 July 2019 (UTC)

Reaffirming support after reviewing the past few days' !votes and discussion. Newyorkbrad (talk) 21:38, 28 July 2019 (UTC)
You reviewed 100+ opposes and couldn't think of anything to say? The user most renowned on Wikipedia for his verbiage?

Obvious discomfort is obvious.

When Brad can't spew 200 words in your defence, well, you know there really is a no defence. Just ILIKEHIM.

Old guard sticking together.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:11 pm

Jeez. If you're gonna lie, make it convincing......
no . Undid an office action and seems to enjoy the drama. Not interested in the project except as being its cop. Arrogant attitude throughout. JungerMan Chips Ahoy! (talk) 18:17, 29 July 2019 (UTC)

The above user last edited on 26 June 2017. Beyond My Ken (talk) 18:44, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
Not that the observation on last time editing isn't potential a valid consideration for the 'crats, but have support and neutral voices been checked for recent editing activity as well? N.J.A. | talk 18:53, 29 July 2019 (UTC)

Personally, I have not done so in any kind of rigorous way, but I have checked any names I have seen come up with which I am not familiar. I assume other editors have done the same, it's not unusual to do so in a controversial RfA. I have seen no other accounts whicdh raised any flags. Beyond My Ken (talk) 18:58, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
You didn't check Kobnach, whose red shirt status practically screams CHECK ME? Or do you seriously remember them from their time on Wikipedia, way back in 2015?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Well, one notable difference to the RexxS stitch up, there's been no to the second closure to stem the bleeding. They should probably act soon though, he is extremely close to the point where 74% becomes 73%.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:32 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Well, one notable difference to the RexxS stitch up, there's been no to the second closure to stem the bleeding. They should probably act soon though, he is extremely close to the point where 74% becomes 73%.
Ha, I knew that was too odd. It was my mistake, he still had an hour left (damn you daylight saving). It was of course closed PDQ, and precisely to stop the percentage falling further.

Primefac closed it, and has opened a 'crat chat. He was the crat who threw out civility as an argument against RexxS, so you can basically bet your house that some kind of fix is already in. Perhaps we'll be told some 1984 bullshit like, no, Administrators are not supposed to be calm and collaborative, wherever did you get that idea you silly muggles!

He's already started lying his ass off.....
The discussion has dropped ever so slightly below 75%, and it would be improper of us to not discuss it given the overall situation as well as the unprecedented levels of participation in this discussion. Primefac (talk) 19:31, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
In what universe, given a range of 65%-75%, does it make any sense to call 73.75% "ever so slightly below 75%"? If 75% was the target, and if we assume 74.5 rounds up, then Floquenbeam was 0.75% short. Or to put it another way, he was 7.5% inside the discretionary zone.

Or to put it another other way, he needed to reach 339 with not a single additional oppose, to avoid a 'crat chat. That seems a small gap, but look at the graphs. Not remotely "ever so slightly". That phraseology doesn't remotely convey the hopelessness of his situation. He did not land in the zone by some statistical quirk, and short of doing something completely out of character, he wasn't going to turn that around even if he had been granted an extension (which people seem to forget, is in the 'crats power to do for any RfA which they deem would benefit from more discussion).

The fix is in. You will see obvious attempts to spin things like this throughout this chat. It seems to be how they interpret their role. Do whatever they need to do, to spin the right outcome. Keep the mob happy. Screw the Foundation if you can.

People will immediately begin talking crap about how he finished close enough to the target that 'crats should treat this as a formality, conveniently forgetting the history has shown that the two closest RfAs to this result in recent times, saw the candidates withdraw, rather than face the shame. It is an oddity to fall in this region of 74-75%.

RfA being a dynamic process, people have historically either said or done what was required to finish higher and thus pass automatically, or were unsuccessful after finishing lower. As we saw, Floq. wasn't in the least bit concerned about doing anything to help himself, while at the same time others rushed to shore up his plummeting support because of it.

Floquenbeam is basically going to pass because he has no shame, and neither do his supporters. That seems very fitting.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Aaaaand, what a surprise. Dweller wants to go with BIGNUMBER. It's compelling that 300+ people supported, and all 300+ have to be counted because of course supporters don't have to say anything to explain their support.

He's has no time to say anything else, and if you find it odd he had that many words pre-prepared as a "quick" summation, well, aren't you a cynic! Matches what he did during the RexxS chat very well, although this time he's in at the start, because I think he realized swooping in at the end last time with his 'no time, gotta rush act' was just too obvious.

If there was EVER an RfA where it was absolutely beholden on 'per nom' or otherwise lazy supporters to explain what the holy fuck they were thinking, and indeed make some effort to acknowledge the EQUALLY BIG NUMBER of opposes, it was this one.

Someone please put that to Dweller, the even if he is magically going to be washing his hair for the next few days.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:59 pm

Mendaliv wrote:I'm just happy that this did in fact set a new record for most supports.
Definitely can't be a lawyer. This is what a simpleton would take away from the farce that has just unfolded.