The Precious Elite

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

The Precious Elite

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:07 am

It's one of the most hilarious things you will ever see on Wikipedia, the hard core elite, having a fight amongst themselves.

That self-styled inner circle of editors who consider themselves to be the best and most useful editors, the ones always bitching about the civility police, patrollers, hat collectors, busy bodies, stoopid noobs, child Administrators, and all the other bullshit they claim stops them being ALL THEY CAN BE as they finish putting the final touches to the great encyclopedia they single-handedly wrote.

Naturally they all come from the Featured content side of things, that being the pinnacle for an editor, where you basically get to literally become an article WP:OWNER. Sorry, steward. As always, it is never not a good time to repeat the wonderful factoid that only 0.1% of Wikipedia articles have even made it to Featured standard. It doesn't stop these clowns claiming sole credit for Wikipedia's ubiquity, of course.

Although to be clear not every FA writer is one of the elitist douchebag crowd, that is a myth spread around by the elitists that posits that it is necessary to be a douche to be able to do what they do. They would say that, being douches. It isn't hard to spot perfectly pleasant FA writers just quietly doing what they do, humbly accepting that it is a privelage to be afforded the opportunity to be a writer, for free, no expectations of qualifications or relevant experience of any kind. In return, they happily comply with the most important rule for a collaborative project - play nice with others.

Nope, the douchebag elitists think they're all that, all of it. The goddamned heroes of Wikipedia, who by rights should be getting free handjobs and free dinners from Katherine Maher, not lectures on how to behave. And yet every now and then, usually when one inadvertently treads on the turf of another, they suddenly realize there isn't much to their camaraderie except a shared love of thinking the Sun shines out of their butts.

When shit gets real, when specific issues have to be settled, they suddenly realize that collecting a bunch of precious egotistical fucks together, all with their own ideas on how things should be done correctly, is not a recipe for collaborative encyclopedia writing at all. It only just about works if they all mark out their own part of the litter tray, and only stray into another part if expressly invited.

Anything other than following that douche-protocol, and it's a recipe for hilariously funny brinksmanship, as they do that special dance seen so often in lower life-forms where competing for turf/food/females is still a thing: square up and be prepared to do everything to their opponent short of actually trying to draw blood, knowing as they do that you don't get to be one of the elite on Wikipedia without having a good fighting game.

It's just so much fun to watch, because you know there's no real victims, each one in the fight is as contemptible as the next, motherless fucksticks one and all. It's a field day for karma.

Behold......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Moors_murders&oldid=905705803

Who wins? Who cares. Just point and laugh, and of course celebrate the fact that while they fight amongst themselves, they aren't being unmitigated shits to normal people.

HTD.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The Precious Elite

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:10 pm

The Elite view of the Wiki Movement......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Women_in_Red&diff=prev&oldid=906569342#Your_thoughts_about_community_health

Lazy stereotype-tastic.

This is the mark of the wiki-elite. An absolute and total ignorance of anything that happens outside en.wiki, and an assumption that everyone who builds the encyclopedia, who works on the factory floor, is as ignorant of their surroundings and generally stupid as they are.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:26 pm

:roll:
Yeah, sure, right, whatever. You've challenged nothing about these edits, simply whined endlessly about their very existence. Repeating again: either say something specific about one or more particular edits or shut the fuck up. EEng 18:01, 5 August 2019 (UTC)

Your edits are shit, all of them. There. The best version was the one at the beginning of July before you started mucking about with it. CassiantoTalk 18:40, 5 August 2019 (UTC)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Amazinglyz this is still going on.

Cas Liber now acting as babysitter. Hilarious.

Cassianto has tucked his tail and now has a completely different view of his opponent.

This is the difference having an adult in the playroom makes. Well, an adult in Wikipedia terms, I showed what he really is when he tried to bullshit people on Wikipediocracy. Another Wikipedia coward protected by Uncle Jake.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:49 am

CrowsNest wrote:Amazinglyz this is still going on.

Cas Liber now acting as babysitter. Hilarious.

Cassianto has tucked his tail and now has a completely different view of his opponent.

This is the difference having an adult in the playroom makes. Well, an adult in Wikipedia terms, I showed what he really is when he tried to bullshit people on Wikipediocracy. Another Wikipedia coward protected by Uncle Jake.

I agree this is nonsense. I wonder if CasLiber [a psychiatrist] gets involved for professional reasons. He obviously knows the key protagonists have a slew of mental disorders as long as their arms. I guess he finds this type of conflict interesting.

The article was taken to FA by a gentleman who studied psychology at Hatfield Polytechnic. At the time, Hatfield was just about the lowest-ranked academic institution in the UK. The gentleman is short in stature and physically unsavory. He has a very obvious chip on his shoulder.

Sweet little Cassianto seems to idolize him. Little Cassy has bought into the idea that Featured Articles are Wikipedia's "Jewels in the Crown" and on a par with Britannica offerings and material published in peer-reviewed academic journals. Sweet Cassy believes that he and Eric are leading content creators who deserve special attention. The reason Cassy uses naughty words is because Eric does. It's very childish.

SchroCat chimes in because he adores Cassy. It's possible that Cassianto is his only friend, but the attraction might also be sexual. I know for certain the two of them have met.

And then there's autistic Martin and King of the Spergs, EEng -- a totally unfunny homo with a taste for Brazilian dick.

So yeah, as far as CasLiber is concerned this is pretty interesting stuff.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:18 am

Ha, you might be into something. :lol:

I look forward to his paper. :ugeek:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Well, this is all escalating rather nicely.

I wonder how much community resources are going to be wasted, in the long run, on this one single article, simply because the so called elite can't agree on whether it's an example of Wikipedia's best work, or a steaming pile of shite.

Eric Corbett and Cassianto started it, with their stonewalling of the court jester. Neither seems interested in finishing it, now that they've completely lost the ability to control events by merely shouting louder and insulting harder.

With so much pent up aggression now deprived of an outlet, Cass therefore has moved on to another of his favourite activities, toxifying the infobox wars. Eric is nowhere to be seen on wiki, having chosen Wikipediocracy as his release valve. Hopefully a perennial flare up over another of his articles, Guy Fawkes Night, will draw him back to the fighting pits.

What have I always said? You can't build an encyclopedia, certainly not very efficiently, if you continually pander to the tantrums of angry manchildren.

It will always see you simply wasting your time putting out fires, while the firestarters move on to something else that gives them the stimulation they crave.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:20 pm

Now at FAR:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_article_review/Moors_murders/archive1

Eric Corbett writes:

Obviously I will be taking no part in this review given the poisonous and insulting atmosphere created by certain individuals, and one in particular, except to say this. It seems very clear to me that EEng is not complaining about the accuracy of this article but rather its citation density. When this was promoted an FA, the requirement for one citation per sentence - which is effectively what it has become - didn't exist. But everything here is easily verifiable by anyone who is not merely trying to stir a pot, and I could point to where additional citations can very easily be found. But I won't, as I am completely indifferent to the fate of this bastardised version of the Moors murders.

On the subject of FAs, Kumioko wrote this over on WO:

I could get at least 5-10 GA's a week depending on the topic fairly easily and probably 3-5 FA's a month.

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7325&start=200#p245657

That's pure bollocks. Kumioko doesn't know what he's talking about.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:29 am

Full on hostage situation now.
For myself, I couldn't care less what happens to this article, and as Cassianto and Schrocat have also indicated their unwillingness to take any further part in this discussion I think it's very unlikely that you'll see any agreement from at least one side of this argument, however long you wait. Eric Corbett 22:45, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
He's said that only after the Administration starting claiming policy requires these assholes to give their consent to any chances.