Girth Summit @ RfA

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Girth Summit @ RfA

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:28 am

The only thing that should be being discussed in any critic forum, is why the Wikipedians are absolutely refusing to accept there is something wrong about having an Administrator with a name like that. That should be the case at any time, but especially when they are supposedly trying to be sensitive to the need to appeal to the sort of women who are clearly being put off by the rampant women hating lad's culture of Wikipedia.

Natural home of the Wikipedia patriarchy Wikipediocracy of course are just joining in the fun of pretending it isn't an issue, lampooning those who might object, sending agent MrErnie in to make drama, inadvertently helping serious critics highlight the issue. Gamergate offshoot Wikiinaction was so horrified at the thought of showing concern for women by highlighting this as a critical issue, they banned me.

The capacity for this user name to embarrass and even humiliate women, particularly when used by someone in a position of nominal power and authority over them, should be obvious to anyone who is a native English speaker. If you genuinely need it explaining to you, -----------------, because the world is changing, and people like you aren't going to survive another fifty years. If you don't isolate yourself willingly, a la Eric Corbett or Dennis Brown, you will be forcibly ostracized, a la Ritchie333 (Ritchie Swann) and Drmies (Dr. Michel Pieter Aaij).

I was initially prepared to assume good faith on behalf of the user given his explanation for what his user name means to him, but I can no longer do so. Having admitted that he accepts the username can be seen as problematic, he has made the conscious decision to value his own attachment to it, above that concern, even though there is literally no contest between those two competing interests, not if you're committed to Wikipedia for the right reasons. That immediately casts doubt on his judgement, and whether or not the statements he has made about being sensitive to concerns are even genuine.

It's worth noting his actual explanation doesn't even make sense, since he has made several suggestions that he is overweight, certainly to the point workmates would make a point of humiliating him for it, but apparently at the very same time he was also a keen mountain runner. The Wikipediots of course have accepted this unquestionably, even though it's obvious you can't be both.

I initially thought he might mean he was being called girth because he was probably so muscular from all that exercise, but no, he's been quite clear the issue is his weight, exacerbated by long periods sitting down in front of the computer, wikifiddling (when he's supposed to be working, like many Wikipedians). There is of course no way for anyone to verify anything about his story, other than the fact it is probably true that Girth is an adaptation of his real first name.

I think it far more plausible that yes, he was called girth for being overweight, and he probably hated it. As he withdrew into a life of isolation, as Wikipedia editing is, he probably thought it would be a good way to fight back, by owning his nickname. Only he would know the truth. The addition of summit doesn't have to have been because of his alleged hobby, it could more easily be explained by a desire to pick a username that implies the very thing some people are now interpreting it as meaning, without being in your face obvious, him already having admitted he was aware at the time he might be asked to change it.

Voila, a decade later he now has a purpose in life and a beloved digital moniker that makes him feel good about himself, perhaps even at the expense of the women who perhaps have been so unkind as to judge him by his appearance. And now, at RfA, when it came to having to offer a plausible explanation for why he chose this name, no wonder he had a rather complex but questionable story preprepared, one that handily casts himself as having a particularly masculine hobby.

It is well understood of course that the mistake liars often make, is to give too much detail. He was prepared to explain it, even expecting the question, and tellingly, has offered the most detail about a mundane thing that I have ever seen on Wikipedia. To the point of even arguably risking him being outed (initials, first name, dates, unusual job roles).

So it clearly means a lot to him to be able to keep it. Would you really be that attached to a dumb nickname that means nothing to anyone else? Far more persuasive is that he wants to keep it so badly because its more likely intended meaning is well known to his new friends at Wikipedia, and it means a lot to him, how they perceive him.

A big dicked hero that other men want to be and women want to fuck. It will be soon forgotten that it is supposedly about his weight, indeed it is already clear the only interesting bit for those of his friends who are not prepared to believe he's wanting to send that message to women, mostly because they are women, is the claim he runs up mountains for a hobby. Win win, right?

Everything about this bloke suggests he was always aware that he wasn't going to be required to change his username by the scummy women hating lad culture loving Wikipedia community, even though he knew it could be an issue for some, aware as he was it his massive lead before it was even raised as an issue. Hence why he has seemingly so quickly and easily slipped into making the same jokes about it as his defenders have.

This is the Wikipedia community of 2019, every last one of them (157 at current count). Making dick jokes aplenty, or loudly putting down dissent as idiotic, all to support the ridiculous idea that there should somehow be no issue in the real world with them naming their Administrators after sexist tropes, when they could be welcoming and respecting women.
Last edited by JuiceBeetle on Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mod note: Redacted kys. Crow it's 2019, you would be banned on any forum. Next incident will result in 24 hours block, just because you are the mighty CrowsNest!

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Re: Girth Summit @ RfA

Post by Carrite » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Your own name is pretty unsavory, Mr. Crow, why don't you get rid of that while you at it, lest you chase prepubescent children from the forum...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hair%20Nest

RfB

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:50 pm

And the same with you Timmy boy. I simple can't understand the complete idiot who is posting here now for weeks is the same person as that nice and friendly looking man on the picture Madam Gender has posted of you. With your dog at the beach, I think with a Golden Retriever.

You too act as a child five years old, Tim.
Last edited by Graaf Statler on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Carrite wrote:Your own name is pretty unsavory, Mr. Crow, why don't you get rid of that while you at it, lest you chase prepubescent children from the forum...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... air%20Nest
Eh?

For a start, let's take a minute to think about why it is you, a man of advancing years I gather, would even want to ATTRACT PREPUBESCENT CHILDREN TO THE FORUM??????

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Actually, let's just leave it there, right?

Timmy, you're a very bad man. :|

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Also, you know you're a women hating bastard if even Eric I Am A Women Hating Bastard Corbett is against you......
It's not being a crank to suggest that the candidate should change his/her user name if it raises eyebrows among some sections of the electorate.
The point being of course, that there really isn't anyone in the electorate that doesn't like the name, at least none that are prepared to speak up.

Right now, the Wikipediots are literally trying to use Google and their hokey anecdotes to somehow prove girth is just an innocent word used to refer to fat people. I'm not making this up, this is how stupid Wikipedians think the whole rest of the world actually is.

Which brings me to this hilarious comment.......
@Feyd, I understand you associate the word "girth" with penis. But there is evidence on this page that 160 people do not. Yet, you think the wider world sees it the way you do, and not the way 160 other people see it. How many people would have to say "nope, not an issue", before you were convinced that it's not an issue? – Levivich 15:31, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
This is Wikipedia. Despite all the surveys, all the negative press, all the initiatives to try to correct it, these utter pieces of shit still think their community is a) representative, and b) a safe space for women to speak their mind.

Scum. Pure scum.

Your people Timmy. Bad people. People who would not be missed.

People who say shit like this......
I'm actually serious - I'd welcome people's views on this. If it transpires that a significant number of people think it's inappropriate, then I'll be willing to consider a change - I don't want it to be a distraction. GirthSummit (blether) 15:21, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
He wants to know it is a problem for a SIGNIFICANT NUMBER of people before he even considers changing his name. Even though it wouldn't be a problem for him at all to change it. And he says this even though the only people who have raised it so far, have been mocked and shouted at, basically publicly humiliated, he still wants people to put their objection on record.

Pure. Scum.

Judgement? Zero. Like, not even close. Yet another example of how easy it is for unsuitable candidates to breeze through the laughable selection process.

Excellent proof that Wikipedians, even the top of the line models who aren't obvious assholes, have serious issues with empathy and understanding.

Your people Timmy. Very bad people.

And to think, you can't even get promoted to Admin! Hi-fucking-larious if you ask me.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 pm

Holy. Shit.

160 Wikipediots think this guy is mentally sound and possesses good judgement......
.....I know it's just an anonymous pseudonym, but I'm emotionally invested in it now, through the relationships I've built up with people, and the reputation I've built for myself. Nobody knows my real name, or what I look like - they just know the name. It's unsettling to think that I will in a sense be stepping away from that persona.....the stuff I've said about it is actually true, it really was what I went by amongst friends and colleagues when I made the account - I largely dropped it when I switched careers and moved to another town, but I still hear it when I occasionally meet up with old friends, and I've enjoyed being known by it again. It's not nice to be told that your actual name isn't allowed here, in case people might find it offensive......So, while I'm not saying I refuse to change it, I hope you can see that I'm not finding it as simple as 'Oh yeah, sure, no problem' - I need to be persuaded that it is a problem serious enough to go through what will be an unsettling change.
Does he genuinely know "Girth Summit" is not his actual name? Does he really know it is just an anonymous pseudonym? I don't think he does.

Sums up what has to break in people's heads for them to choose the life of a Wikipedian. They have to genuinely believe it is an extension of their real life. They just refuse to accept any responsibility that comes with it.

Imagine trying to officially change your name to "Girth Summit", in the full knowledge that is how you are going to introduce yourself to people, women, in an official capacity, where what you say is meant to carry some level of authority and respect, where you as a person are meant to be taken seriously.

The authorities would think you were mental, and if you live in a serious country, deny the change. And they would be correct to do so.

Wikipedia. Bizarro world.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:26 am

CrowsNest wrote:Holy. Shit.

160 Wikipediots think this guy is mentally sound and possesses good judgement......

171-2 and counting...

Squawketh the Crow: "I'm not crazy — THEY'RE ALL CRAZY!!! DICKS!!! DICKS!!!! EVERYWHERE I SEE GIRTHY DICKS!!!"

RfB

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:35 am

CrowsNest wrote:If you genuinely need it explaining to you, ----------------------

Sometimes I wonder whether I might have been too hasty to dismiss forums like this as having no value for the cause of Wikipedia criticism or indeed life in general. But then I realise, no, I was not.
Last edited by AndrewForson on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Mod note: Redacted in original too. Thanks for noticing it.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:42 am

Because they change nothing and of course we all know what a tremendous chaos and joke Wikipedia is. All of us, including this guys.

I think this shit makes them populair on Wikipedia, rise there wiki status, a other explanation I don't have.

These fora have no other value, I have said that many times before. The only thing we can do is waiting. Waiting till the complete shitty wiki fire pile burns down one day. What for sure happens, I only can't say when.

Can be tomorrow, can be next week, next year, in five years, but for sure before 2030.

No, 2030 they don't reach, in no way.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:36 am

Carrite wrote:EVERYWHERE I SEE GIRTHY DICKS!!!"

What's wrong with a bit of girth?