SashiRolls gets indeffed

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Sashi Gets Indeffed!!

Post by Kumioko » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:48 pm

First, Ferret can't be trusted so take whatever he says with a grain of very tiny, salt.

More importantly, I understand how it feels to be blocked but my advice to Sashi would be to walk away from Wikipedia. You did 10, 000 or so edits and you should be happy about that, but Wikipedia as a project is hopelessly lost. It cannot be fixed, the admins are hopelessly out of touch with the community and so is the WMF. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from continuing to contribute positively.
#BbbGate

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:50 pm

it's a toxic community, all right. Interesting to see some sensible editors commenting on the DRV. To me, it's obvious that the deletion should be reversed, and it would go to MfD if someone still wants it deleted. Those processes are there for a reason. I'd actually advise Sashi to allow the page to be deleted. If he has a copy, whatever might be needed will still be available. The point is to minimize drama. As to unblock requests, the advice to take your time is sound. If there were errors in process, i.e, recreating a deleted page without going through process, then admit it and commit to following process in the future. Never, ever, claim that the block was a bad block. The point is to show that it is unnecessary for the block to be maintained, such that a neutral admin who hasn't the foggiest is impressed to unblock. It's not difficult to figure out what works on Wikipedia, but too many instead think that they should explain at great length why they were right as rain and the problem is that stupid or vicious admin, and then that admin seeing the unblock template -- they review the category -- is likely to think "I'll pass on this one."

Be nice, if you want to be unblocked.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:38 am

unineffed :?

again :shock:

:arrow: directly to bed. do not pass go. do not collect (or distribute) 200 barnstars. :(

Thank you, protective angels!

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:04 am

El Coy wrote:SashiRolls, sorry to hear that this has adversely affected your sleep.

You know it's all pretense, when it sounds THIS creepy.

El Coy wrote:But please, SashiRolls, you don't have to be nice, but please try to be more collegial and less personal with your overall interactions. It clearly would be in everyone's best interests. El_C 23:48, 31 October 2019 (UTC)

Tl;dr: "Please don't call us mandarins. Hurts our feelings."
Which is actually a good advice. We can express our "concerns" without hurting their feelings.
Admins cannot, so why not show them good manners? :lol: It's more successful...

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:03 am

sashi wrote:unineffed :?

again :shock:

:arrow: directly to bed. do not pass go. do not collect (or distribute) 200 barnstars. :(

Thank you, protective angels!

Well I'm glad you got unblocked if that's what you want. All they are going to do is keep hounding you though.
#BbbGate

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:06 pm

To see this....
I am miffed that anyone is even discussing all these elaborate mechanisms to enable this editor to continue to take up community time. I supported his unblocking a year ago (after previously advocating for an extended block owing to poor behavior) saying "I'm convinced SashiRolls wants to contribute and improve Wikipedia." I still think this is remotely true, but my impression was that unblock was a "you're on thin ice" action and he's been blocked, what, three times since then? For poor behavior? Enough is enough, this should be an indef block. I object to the continued formulation of esoteric sanctions to attempt to deal with this editor. --Laser brain (talk) 18:07, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
.....being said by Eric Corbett's best Admin mate, in the aftermath of an obviously abusive indef, was worth the 10,000 edits all by itself.

What better way to show Wikipedians are just bad people, period? That anyone who enters that place on the assumption of fair or equal treatment, even if you accepted the fucked up principle of good edits buys you some leeway, is a fool to themselves.

It shows that Wikipedia survival has got crap all to do with how you behave or even what the rules say in any meaningful sense, it is simply all in the hands of a complete and total bastards like Laser Brain.

I salute you Sashi. A masterpiece.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Re: SashiRolls gets indeffed

Post by sashi » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:24 am

And the sad truth is that the strategy may very well work. Lazy brain pops in to express a "feeling of petulant displeasure" ("muffen" = to sulk in German: source) and so a person who's left 2,134 droppings in mainspace in 2019 should be prevented from using en.wp to digest actively for the rest of their life. Said "brain" has done one sixth that amount of "work" (365). Oooo look at those purty ice-caps on the laser brain scan!