Jess Wade (Jesswade88)

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats Oh my!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Wikipedia still hasn't fixed it's gender gap

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:39 pm

https://www.fastcompany.com/90429161/wikipedia-still-hasnt-fixed-its-colossal-gender-gap
Standard WMF propaganda, the usual planted story. The only editor quoted is Jess Wade, and clearly anyone who prints shit like this.....
[Wade] has a vast amount of experience in regard to the issues that women editors and subjects face when someone chooses to write about them.
.....knows nothing about Wikipedia. Wade isn't remotely experienced in anything, except playing the gender card when her screwups are highlighted. On the rare occasions Ms. Wade opens her trap, she can be very hostile, and it is her clandestine use of Twitter to take requests and worse, that causes unwitting subjects the most grief.

While Wikipediocracy can't be bothered, or worse, have been told to shut the fuck up by their membership, *this* serious critic has been documenting precisely why she doesn't deserve to be the poster girl of this issue.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Jess Wade (Jesswade88)

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:48 pm

More proof of what I've been saying all along. Wade matters.

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... 296#p16296

She is not a dumb newb, she is an activist, and clearly has the full backing of Chief Maher in her efforts to wring all the personal gain from Wikipedia that she can.

The fact she is a shit Wikipedian who writes crappy articles, divorces herself from all community engagement except to whine or talk bollocks, and does all sorts of skeevy shit on Twitter, can all be used to expose the current gender gap efforts of the WMF and the volunteers protecting Wade, as a complete and total sham.

She is not a Wikipedian, not remotely the sort of person they're meant to be attracting, not even close.

Supposed serious critics who think Wade is a non-issue, or worse, deserves protection, are only exposing the fact they don't know shit about shit, and are certainly no feminist. This isn't feminism. This is inserting a women into Wikipedia who is in many ways worse than the men keeping right minded women out.

--------

Open your pie hole now Jake, go on. If you're not too busy gaffer taping your broke-ass forum back together.
Last edited by CrowsNest on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kumioko
Sucks Warrior

Jess Wade

Post by Kumioko » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:00 pm

So it seems that Jess Wade got praised recently on Twitter and Wikipedia for creating over 700 articles in the last 3 years. There's no doubt these are well written and useful articles but here's the problem, a lot of them don't meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines.

* about a week ago I mentioned to her on Twitter that I felt some didn't meet the notability criteria and a number of others were borderline.
*Then the Wikimedia sucks account made similar comments
*on Wednesday November 27th an IP editor marked a large number of Jess's articles for notability review and then Black kite removed those tags and blocked the IP for a weak.
Note: No this was not me and honestly if it was they would have blocked the IP indef or for a much longer period than one week if they thought it was me.
*Jess Wade has blocked me from her twitter account because in Wikipedia culture and since she is a gender warrior under the guise of improving the 'pedia, she doesn't have to discuss her failings or valid criticism.

It is my belief that at some point either she is going to get drug to ANI like so many other editors in the past have over her dubious notability standards or she is going to get the notability standards changed (and they probably do need to change). Time will tell what the end result is.
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Jess Wade

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:10 am

They might nail her for abusing the "rules" someday. Many of their worst insiders were eventually pushed out for something. But as you well know, she's "blessed" right now, and can easily get away with this for years.

If you wanna Stierch her--find some evidence that she was editing for pay.
#BbbGate

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Mod

The editor tag-bombing biographies has been caught

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:34 pm

#Bbbgate

Abd
Sucks Mod

Re: The editor tag-bombing biographies has been caught

Post by Abd » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Meaningless. Long-term account but with very few edits. Not even close to an experienced user, it seems, even though an account since 2009. Weird.

Abd
Sucks Mod

Post by Abd » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:34 pm

Why should anyone care about a thousand non-notable articles? -- if they are non-notable, a somewhat vague standard of interest only to wikignomes and obsessives. The harm is?

"a lot of them" is vague. Many Wikipedia articles don't meet notability guidelines, and until someone either fixes them or AfDs them, they will stay that way. If they are even marginal, she's not going to get tossed in Noticeboard Hell for some non-notable decisions. No examples given, no clue what this is actually about. And that is sooooo common in Wikipedia criticism. Just a bunch of unfocused griping. Someone is Wrong on the Internet.

badmachine
None

Post by badmachine » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:32 am

Telegraph.co.uk has an article on it now: link

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:00 am

Unbelievable. That dumb fucker Kumioko not noticing there already was a well established and highly detailed thread here on the Wade issue just a few spots down in this very sub-forum is a given, he's a fucking born retard, but to see everyone else pretending it doesn't exist either, well......... :roll:

The mysterious Juice can't seem to make his mind up on whether he wants people to know the truth about Wade, or wants to bury it and make people believe this forum is such a joke that all it knows about her is the dumb shit you see smeared on the wall above.

I see he finally figured out how to sticky threads though, the useless fuck, with an interesting choice to replace the original and useful Wade thread. I guess just flat out scaring women is more his style of cutting edge feminist critique. Or more likely it was one of the mutes who profess to be his nominal boss here. Who the fuck knows.

Stanistani
Sucks

Post by Stanistani » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:59 am

Hey, Abd, do you have high enough privileges to either merge this topic with http://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1539 or just lock this one with a link to the earlier one?

Thanks!
That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die