Sagecandor/Minassian thread

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Sagecandor/Minassian thread

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Wikipediocracy has a new member!
Pudeo wrote:I wonder why none of you filed the SPI. Was it just amusing to observe how long the elephant would stay in the room?
The answers proferred were, of course, pathetic.

They didn't do it because they don't give a flying rat's ass about anyone but themselves.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Every one take note of the complete and utter silence about this on Wikipedia.

We probably need to up the estimate of just how many of these pieces of shit knew Cirt had returned as a sock.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Hold the front page! Literally FOUR Wikipedians are quietly discussing whether or not Cirt's ill-gotten gains should be given full exposure on the Wikipedia front page.

Why is it even being discussed? Honestly, these people, they're not right in the head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Did_you_know&oldid=862081907#Multiple_DYK_nominations_in_process_by_newly_checkuser-blocked_sockpuppet:_how_to_proceed?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:50 pm

I guess I should read Wiki Rev more, turns out that is where Pudeo for the idea to file an SPI.

I hope he was joking when he said this....
Now let's see. I'm proving you critics that Wikipedia processes work!
My response would have been identical to The Devil's Advocate......
I don't see this as a ringing endorsement of Wikipedia's processes. Given that much, if not all, of this evidence was compiled by banned editors off-site, including Sashi who was banned specifically for calling out Sagecandor's agenda-driven editing, it only proves that Wikipedia's processes can eventually be made to work properly under pressure from outside forces after considerable collateral damage has already been inflicted. None of his articles are going to be deleted and there have already been abortive attempts at doing so to no avail.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Alex_Shih wrote:Didn't really have the chance to follow this in detail, but it really isn't socking, more of topic ban evasion/evading scrutiny?
What the fuck?

Using a second account to deceive people into thinking you are not under an active sanction, is the most socky sock-puppetry thing you can do. It is right there in the policy ("Evasion of sanctions"). There is literally no way you can get around a sanction without resorting to sock-puppetry.

Except blindly hoping people just don't notice I guess. Obviously that does work for a lot of editors, but it isn't evasion is it? Just exploitation of a known weakness of the cult of stupidity.

You get a good sense of why Wikipedia is such a car crash, when you realise how easily idiots like this get elected to the top table.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:49 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Hold the front page! Literally FOUR Wikipedians are quietly discussing whether or not Cirt's ill-gotten gains should be given full exposure on the Wikipedia front page.

Why is it even being discussed? Honestly, these people, they're not right in the head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Did_you_know&oldid=862081907#Multiple_DYK_nominations_in_process_by_newly_checkuser-blocked_sockpuppet:_how_to_proceed?

Also a clear sense of anyone that matters not being involved in that debate, carefully hidden so no one sees it, and making sure that no-one actually involved with the articles or DYK reviews knows about it. :roll:

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Some dank snark from O fortuna, though...

Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi, erm... Serial Number #JeanValJean wrote:if a general desire to clean the Augean stables of Cirt's stuff emerges...

Here's some grooms taking selfies... ^^

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Ha! Jasonanaggie ended up vanishing. I wonder what that was all about.

Anyway, I'm bumping this just to say that the searchbox doesn't work very well. (Typing either Sagecandor or Minassian yields zero results.)

Nice skin, very glad to see that videos are supported (unlike at WPO), and great work recovering all the posts! (This thread was mostly blanked last I'd looked a few days ago).

I was also pleased to see we can like posts again. I was able to put that to use. ^^ I will say that I liked when it showed that I'd thanked more people than I'd made posts. :idea: