The immortal MickMacNee

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats Oh my!
Post Reply
User avatar
boredbird
Sucks Fan
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 am
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 28 times

The immortal MickMacNee

Post by boredbird » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:04 am

How can we get this guy writing for us?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =442240875
MickMacNee wrote: To all inexperienced editors who may stumble onto this page, this is a warning. Do not waste your time on this site. If you persist here, it will steal your time, it will steal your energy, it will steal your very soul. This site is run on nothing but false pretences. The rules and guidelines here, while eminently sensible as written, are ultimately worthless. The admins charged with the task of ensuring they are followed, in the majority, simply will not do anything about disputes unless its a very easy task they can resolve in 5 minutes, and in the minority, will do much much worse, either through their arrogance, their ignorance, or any of the other human flaws that with some of these people while eminently obvious, are not discovered in the selection process. And it's a job for life, so there's no point pointing them out after they're made admin. The majority of editors here who you will get into disputes with if you are remotely normal, are on the whole, total self-interested hypocrites, and that's just the people who generally edit here as a hobby, never mind all those who have more dubious motives for being here. If you get into a dispute with someone here that is not resolve-able in 5 minutes, and the outcome is still not satisfactory according to your right thinking mind, then forget it, you've already lost. If you can handle that, fine, carry on here. If you can't, then leave now. On no account should you labour under the false impression that on Wikipedia there is any time or patience to sort out long running or difficult disputes, except in the crudest possible ways. There are people here who have been doing the same thing, the exact same thing, for years now. A classic example. What would you say if I told you a single editor is allowed to systematically search for and edit the use of a particular term either through replacement or indeed complete removal, to ensure all Wikipedia pages, every single one that used it, matches his world view, which is very much a minority outside his tiny country of origin. Does that surprise you as something that would be tolerated on a site that has thousands of editors who are all apparently collaborating to build an international encyclopedia? No? Well, get used to it. What he does isn't technically block-able on a 5 minute reading, and all other options fully resemble talking to a brick wall, while the aforementioned admins do their stuff, or rather, just don't. That's why he's still here, still doing it, after all these years. He gets away with it not because he's smart, but just because he's simply learnt through trial and error that if he doesn't slip up and do something that on a 5 minute exam is seen as block-able, he's never going to be bothered, except of course by the thousands of people, including all the hundreds who chose to use the term in their own contribution to the mass theft that is this site, who quite rightly object to what he does because it's a disgusting abuse on several levels, but who are not suitably versed in the general complexities of wikilaw, and will invariably either fall foul of the 5 minute rule, or just walk away. Because one thing's for certain, he's not going anywhere, and he will wait years if necessary before re-attempting a change he previously couldn't quite pull off the 1st, 2nd, even 3rd time previously. It's a Golden Ticket, a free pass to personally influence the world's 8th biggest website on a massive scale. Who's going to pass up that opportunity? I guarantee that the Dalai Lama himself would not succeed in making any progress in that dispute. And there are other examples. So many in fact, that for this site to ever be advertised as a successful project, is a bit of a joke. The truly sad thing is, you have to waste 4 years of your life to be able to see it. Don't presume that the values and beliefs you hold, such as logic, fairness, neutrality or even basic respect, are shared by anyone who is already well established here, not least the people elected to the highest venue of dispute resolution. I've just been through their process, and their 17 man body has expended barely 100 words on it in public. Many of their errors are just obvious from the position of someone who, as the person being examined, knows the story behind each and every cited dispute, each and every critic's own tale of woe. Many other errors are suspected, and despite me seeking clarification, remain unanswered. I've seen people put more words into a discussion about what background colour to give a certain table than they have put into this process. If the intention was a deliberate insult, a calculated slap in the face of someone who has given so much to this project, then it worked. I sincerely hope they did more in private, but wikileaks aside, when there's no summary of that put out there, then it's worthless. Certainly to me, and definitely to you. All this on the back of the most recent outrage, finding out that its considered perfectly fine to compare hard working editors who've never damaged an article in their lives, to members of the Westboro Baptist Church. If you're disgusted at that thought, good, it means you're still a decent human being, and have not yet been corrupted by this site's perverse sense of morality. I've learnt all this through nearly 4 years here, I'm giving you the benefit of my experience free of charge in the spirit of humanity. 4 years is a long time to waste, there's a hell of a lot of things you can do with that time to actually improve the world, or even just your own life, rather than waste it here on the general two-faced self-serving fakery that passes for civil discussion on this site. If you carry on and don't heed it, and don't have the sort of temperament which barely 5% of the world's population would possess, then don't say I didn't warn you. I say all of this as someone who passionately believes in the site, its rules and guidelines, as written.
MickMacNee wrote: Interesting to note RD232 where you think 'crossing the line' with PA's is though, because I have for the last day or so not been remotely caring about such things, that is a task for the people who are still here labouring under the false pretences that such policies are applied in an even manner. A reversion of one comment here was all I could manage to solicit in that regard while I wait for Glacier Inc. to do their stuff, and that doesn't count obviously, because it was done by Scott, and as we have learned from Sandstein in his infinite wisdom cos he knows these things, he's a good buddy of mine, so there's obviously something else behind that action right eh. Now RD232, why don't you make yourself useful for a change and do some actual admin work that isn't driven by your own personal malice. Why not go and supervise the Afd for the Caribbean Airlines Flight 523 article, making sure that certain people, even admins, don't violate WP:CIV by say, oh I don't know, lying their asses off, ignoring valid points, making WP:ATAs and generally responding to valid rebuttals with some girlish whining about how it's so incivil to be subjected to criticism, when 'all I'm doing is expressing my opinion which is as valid as anyone else's even though I got it off the back of a cereal box and/or copied it off that guy who just said it too'! wha wha wha. If, as arbcom want us all to believe inspite of the evidence, that you're still fit to be an admin, both competence wise and in the whole emotional stability stakes (maybe they only see you doing light duties for now, like, say, a Giano block now and again just to keep up that little fantasy for everyone), that means you're experienced enough that you know what to watch out for, theoretically. I know some of you do as I've lost count of the admins who actually admit it does go on, I'm just waiting for some cunt to do something about it, instead of focussing on the people who fucking tell you that it's happening and want you to just do your fucking jobs for a change, at least the bits of it that take more than 5 minutes. Arbcom are wanting to encourage a new standard of professional conduct here remember, and I'm eager to see where the behaviours at Afd etc of the likes of that stupid fuck Dave1185 stand in this new era. Which reminds me, someone please go and Afd the Caribbean Airlines Flight 523 article. Bearing in mind that its pretty wishful thinking that anyone will even read the nomination before chucking a 'keep, notable' vote in, just put 'fails WP:EVENT' for now, and clarify as necessary should a miracle happen and an Afd proceeds according to the written instructions and other relevant guidance, not just the incompetent half assed way you've always let it happen forever, which must really really piss off all the people who actually took the time to write those things. Which also reminds me, can an admin who does actually know where the PA line is, please go and block Dave1185, as he seems to have grown a pair of testicles now he knows I can't take him to task anymore. And you could also ask BilCat if, health permitting, he's ever found that diff that shows I've ever said WP:CIV doesn't apply to me, as I'm pretty sure that's still the piece of billy bullshit it's always been. That is assuming these are the sort of editors who fall into the new age of professional standard expectations we are looking for around here right. I mean, it's not just me who was expected to live by these standards was it? Shirley not. I can say of course that now it doesn't apply to me obviously, but that's because I'm not an idiot, even though some people think I would be the kind of silly bastard who would still be following it even after it's been declared by the good people at SekretsRUs that I never have, because, y'know, on accounts of my duh lack of profeshunalibility over all these years.

User avatar
CMAwatch
Sucks Critic
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:26 pm
Location: Community Moderation Abuse Watch
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: The immortal MickMacNee

Post by CMAwatch » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:30 pm

How can we even contact him?
#BbbGate
Weaponizing WP:G5
Oops! Didn't think we'd see? It's right there on WikipediaSucks.co!
ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:22 am
[Wikipedia is] a stupid video game, and the "encyclopedia" is an accidental byproduct.

User avatar
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin
Posts: 2116
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 245 times

Re: The immortal MickMacNee

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:12 pm

As "amusing" as his walls of text can sometimes be, I dunno about his "value" on this forum. He was deeply involved in the endless British Isles shitsquabble. Like most of the participants, Mick had no interest in "settling" anything, and was just there to stir things up.

Book wiki item, I cannot remember why I saved this, apart from its idiot-comedic value. Prove me wrong.
When MickMacNee (T-C-F-R-B) was banned in July 2011[7], WR user "The Karting Wikipedian" (believed to be HighKing), posted the following MacNee rant.

"Wish ya hadn't left. Now this project is gonna become more stale. GoodDay (talk) 00:22, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
"I'm not leaving you bloody half wit, I'm being kicked out on my ear for being a Very Bad Man, as judged by the committee, who seemingly earn their pay for doing what your average half-assed ANI gang-fuck can manage in 0.00001% of the time it takes them to 'investigate' issues when presented with complex interactions that take more than 5 minutes to figure out. I have a new found respect for that fuckwitted shit-for-brained couldn't write a fucking article even if the title was how to be an incompetent admin Nazi bastard Sandstein, I can now fully appreciate why he came so close to being elected last time, he probably appeals to incompetent retards like HiLo etc, who like to act as if they know something about our policies, but have grasped nothing but ideas like WP:CIV means don't be a meanie and WP:CON means 10 halfwits agreeing with you is better than 1 experienced editor who isn't. Never mind the fact that he is the perfect useful idiot to real devious cunts like DeCausa and our mutual friend Snowded, who take the concept of hypocrisy to whole new levels. That stupid moron was to the end claiming I have 'admin friends' on this site. What a fucking special needs twat he really is. Come on then my 'friend's help me out of this one, give me some advice on how I get 17 arbitrators to spend more than 5 minutes investigating whether I'm more of a threat to this site than devious pricks like DeCausa, or whether their plan for treating abusive arrogant emotionally unstable admins like RD232 with a nicey nicey would you like to fuck me oh yes which way sir attitude all day long is going to get this fucking site built any faster by people like me, the grafters, the people who know how to write fucking articles and started out doing just that all those years ago, and who through years of dedication by now not only know the wording of the policies backwards, but what they fucking mean too. Thanks to this joke of an outcome, I've just fucking deleted 97 user pages, that's more half finished material than most of my critics will ever manage to write in their lives, but did you ever see me once use that in my defence? Did you fuck, because I've got some fucking self respect and some fucking integrity and no matter what you pricks do to me, I'll only lower myself to rants like this to give you some easy pickings because I know how much you feel left out if you don't get to make your 5 minute judgements, because whatever delusions you've got going about me, you'll never be able to point to an actual situation and say there, that's where he damaged the site, that's where he scared off an actual n00b or actual productive well mannered editor, that's where he unjustifiably gave an innocent bystander grief, that's where he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about. You carry on pussy footing around your untouchable assholes like Giano, tolerating your professional wikilawyers like TreasuryTag, ignoring your precious two faced fairies like Hammersoft and his anti-hero the perma-edit warring PeeJay2K3‎; you carry on giving free passes to POV pushers like HighKing and look the other way when his mates dissapear and reappear under new names to fight in the same areas, and most of all you carry on finding ways and means to accomodate that Aspie fuck Delta who surely must have a fucking Perl engine where his brain is supposed to be. You do all that, but you won't find you'll reverse the current trend in the loss of real editors who make productive edits of the manual, thought out, kind, any time soon. It makes me laugh when people say all the easy articles have been written and we're entering a maintenance phase where drop off is natural. Those people are ignorant morons, who need to ask for a refund on their schooling. There's tons of work still to be done, and tons more shit to be removed like the burgeoning recentist shit pile that is our ever-growing aircrash news report database which is oddly enough missing 95% of crashes from the whole of aviation history, because fucking shock horror, they didn't all prove to be notable beyond the news reporting, and our actually very good guideline, like many others, is routinely ignored as far as what it actually says, or worse, misrepresented by retards who cannot manage to ever give an argument beyond the many examples given in WP:ATA, and think they have a right to have their stupidity weighed equally with everybody else here. And when you have admins like Bearian around the place, it pays to be an idiot, you win more than you lose. This site is getting worse and worse at allowing proper work to be done, and proper debates to be had, and to be properly concluded, free of the self interest and downright incompetence that you can see ten-a-penny in places like that aviation porn farm, and more importantly, to the letter and the spirit of actual policies and guidelines, not what Joe-Fuckface wants to pretend it says while he hides behind his mother's apron strings, otherwise known as WP:CIV. And here's a fucking newsflash, it's not me that's the problem in any of that. You'll get the fucking site you encourage with your inaction and incompetence, especially all you cowardly fucking admins who won't go near closing a discussion like the banknote NFCC overuse Rfc for fucking months so that it fucks off into the archive unresolved, yet you have the brass fucking balls to repeat personal attacks on me about what you think but just can't be bothered to prove I have or haven't done to the prick whose running around making claims about what policy says, that the Rfc showed were fucking activist driven fantasy bullshit grounded by the sort of retarded ideas like somehow an article becomes more 'free' with 1 properly justified non-free image in it instead of 10. If that sounds logical to you, if that sounds like something anyone with any competence in the matter might say in support of your pea brained thoughts if only they cared enough about your peon ass to indulge your every query, I repeat, go ask for a refund on your schooling, because you're an idiot. That's probably why you're the fuckwit giving your opinions on such things for free on this shitty website as if they were fact, while other people get paid for it in the real world, the people who to this day ignore your various appeals to step in. Don't get me wrong, I'm no NFCC campaigner despite what people like to claim, in reality it probably forms 5% of my interest here, but there's incompetences and abuses like that all over this mental institution some poeple are trying to claim is a professional environment, going unchecked by the very people being feted as the members of high standing. Some are even active participants. Still, as if you've even had the fucking sense to read this far. If you have, go tell Jimbo he's a thief and that I want my four years back. MickMacNee (talk) 02:40, 29 July 2011 (UTC) "

User avatar
boredbird
Sucks Fan
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 am
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: The immortal MickMacNee

Post by boredbird » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:00 am


User avatar
Abd
Sucks Warrior
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: The immortal MickMacNee

Post by Abd » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:56 pm

There is a claim posted to Reddit that cites Katie on WPO, that MickMacNee is CrowsNest (here) or u/JackThe Jiller (Reddit).
The Katie post.

Katie is a maximally unreliable source, and the throwaway account posting this on Reddit appears to me to be a Smith brother impersonating me. Ond Tvilling tossed in some total nonsense -- about me.

But Crow's responses lead me to think there might be something to this, factoring for the time between MMN's editing and Crow's appearance. Did he start up on WPO?

User avatar
boredbird
Sucks Fan
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 am
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: The immortal MickMacNee

Post by boredbird » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:48 pm

Abd wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:56 pm
There is a claim posted to Reddit that cites Katie on WPO, that MickMacNee is CrowsNest (here) or u/JackThe Jiller (Reddit).
The Katie post.
What really? Their wall of text hostile rants don't sound similar to me at all! Okay maybe a little. Well okay a lot. Maybe they are twins or something. Because it's hard to imagine that the One and Only True Critic who counsels others against Wikipedia addiction is himself a lifelong addict who's been returning with sockpuppets for at least thirteen years now.

User avatar
Abd
Sucks Warrior
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: The immortal MickMacNee

Post by Abd » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:56 pm

boredbird wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:48 pm
What really? Their wall of text hostile rants don't sound similar to me at all! Okay maybe a little. Well okay a lot. Maybe they are twins or something. Because it's hard to imagine that the One and Only True Critic who counsels others against Wikipedia addiction is himself a lifelong addict who's been returning with sockpuppets for at least thirteen years now.
Stranger things have happened. Once upon a time, I might have actually researched this. Now, it is too boring.

Post Reply