Charlottes Web vs Gorilla Warfare

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
wexter
Sucks Warrior

Charlottes Web vs Gorilla Warfare

Post by wexter » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:57 pm

Gorilla Warfare, Molly White, seems to be the great granddaughter of famous author E.B. White of Charlottes Web Fame.

Lets start with a quote from Charlottes Web

---Most People believe almost anything they see in print--
You just cannot make this connection up. Most people believe almost anything they read on Wikipedia.

Fate would have it that Molly White has been editing Wikipedia for 13 years (perhaps she started at 12 or 14 +/-) and now she has risen to the ranks as the longest-serving female Wikipedia Arbitrator.

And the good

In my opinion, and limited interactions, she is very thoughtful and bright individual.

More good - developing your hobby and transitioning it into a career

While in college she
Applied and was selected as a participant in Google Summer of Code, a program that pairs student developers with free and open source software projects for a three-month period. Developed an original project idea and proposal to allow users of Wikisource (a project supported by the Wikimedia Foundation) and similar MediaWiki wikis to more easily collect and store book content and metadata. Planned and designed the extension using wireframes, mockups, and prototypes; meticulously scheduled and documented the project time frame, as well as recorded bugs, features, and bug/development priority; and worked closely with a mentor to plan, design, and implement the proposal.

https://www.mollywhite.net/resume

Here is where things go a bit zonkey from an old farts perspective;

https://www.mollywhite.net/
I build software and lead teams in Boston, Massachusetts. I am a software developer and tech lead at HubSpot, a marketing, sales, and service software company ...

I am passionate about supporting members of underrepresented groups ... who simply wish to exist online without facing harassment or other abuse.

In my free time, I can usually be found on the Internet, hanging out at home with my two cats, or both. I used to usually have a foster cat (or litter of kittens) staying with me, but since recently adopting a second one of my fosters, I am limited for space to take on more animals, even temporarily.
To me an old guy;

Why would someone so young waste her life online? She is not Hiro Protagonist, instead she is a youngling that has imbedded herself online. She Snow Crashed herself, she is literally caught in Charlottes web.

“This Snow Crash thing--is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?”
Juanita shrugs. “What's the difference?”
This Wikipedia thing is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?

Me, I spent my day outside with digits and bits being no more than an afterthought. When I was her age I had the pleasure to exchange a few words with Isaac Asimov who told me "don't become a robot" don't let technology change you into one. My advice to her is "Free yourself from the Borg!," don't let the machine absorb you and therefore waste best years 7 or 9 years of your life.

Do you Reamde
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Charlottes Web vs Gorilla Warfare

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:46 am

Let me add some asides: you can NOT trust anything Molly says on her vanity website, or really anywhere online. She is a well-practiced liar who uses her looks to manipulate male WP insiders. With a 14-year history of driving bots, sucking up to people on IRC, and very little content work, she is NOT a "good editor" by any measurement. Instead she is a pure political animal--the perfect kind of animal for the dysfunctional zoo of Wikimedia.

Book wiki excerpt:
First appeared on 28 July 2007, and did very little other than fraternize with others. She tried to obliterate her older account, Theunicyclegirl (T-C-F-R-B), after adminship, but failed to destroy the edit history. The previous account started out in July 2006 editing articles about unicycles, the goth bands Evanescence and Disturbed, dressage, and TV shows. During this period, she learned how to set up editing and patrolling bots, predictably. Theunicyclegirl disappeared one day before GorillaWarfare appeared. Under both accounts, her history consists almost entirely of gnoming, patrolling, and making friends. An editor review in March 2007 was unusually well-attended -- she was becoming popular. Shortly after, she mailed a whole bunch of admins with the following message requesting 'admin coaching'.

"Hi, I'm GorillaWarfare and am hoping to receive some coaching to become an admin. If you'd like to coach me, please leave a message on my talk page. You can see my edit count here but don't be surprised when you see that I have 25 edits. That is because I recently forgot the password to my old account, User:Theunicyclegirl. Here is my edit count from my old account. I almost have 2000 edits. I frequently revert vandalism by watching Lupin's filtered RCs. I also like to expand stubs, particularly those relating to cats or dogs. I am very good with user warning templates and speedy deletion templates. I sometimes respond on AFD. Thanks for considering me! --GorillaWarfare talk 16:57, 29 July 2007 (UTC)"

Her edit history was paltry and erratic -- until January 2010, when she started churning. 50-100 edits per day thereafter is not unusual, although still on an erratic schedule.

She has a special fondness for "The Satanic Bible". 118 edits.

In August 2010, she requested another editor review. And just a few days later, she nominated herself for adminship. Similar to Karen Ingraffea, she played the "cute chick" card, and used her previous years of flirting with admins on IRC in order to pass her RFA (barely). Loads of major old-timers voted against her, to no avail. As Malleus Fatuorum said at the time: "I find the attitude displayed by this recent edit to be distasteful and indicative of a patronisingly bossy mentality that too many administrators already share. I find it doubly distasteful to see it displayed in a schoolchild."

Yet another "modern era" admin. Yet another semi-competent patroller/gnome using bots to inflate her contribs. And brazenly using her sex to manipulate all those Dr. Who fanboys. The B-word unfortunately comes to mind. Sarah Stierch is not the only incompetent female to successfully "heel" Wikipedia to her desires, it seems to be in the job description.

Typical of what appears in her lengthy block log (about 900 blocks from 2010 to 2013):

"03:55, 19 November 2013 GorillaWarfare (talk | contribs) blocked Asdfghjkltay (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (Vandalism-only account)"
"03:55, 19 November 2013 GorillaWarfare (talk | contribs) blocked Walnuts go kapow (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (Vandalism-only account)"

"22:51, 22 November 2013 GorillaWarfare (talk | contribs) unblocked Asdfghjkltay (talk | contribs) (Mistaken block)"
"17:13, 22 November 2013 GorillaWarfare (talk | contribs) unblocked Walnuts go kapow (talk | contribs) (Mistaken block)"

In 2012 a photo of Molly was used in the page-top fundraising banners on Wikipedia. Soon, she was a "wikipedia celebrity". Someone started a Reddit thread about her in late 2012, and thus she was called "hawt". "Yeah but Brandon isn't a college-aged girl with a labret piercing that makes the men of reddit cream their pants..."

She nominated herself for the December 2013 Arbcom election, despite having a "questionable" editing history. And came second :)

In June 2014, Molly (or someone posing as her) created an Elance userpage, and offered her services as a "writer". Her Wikipedia contributions were heavily referred to, and she asked $25/hour. "Wikipedia Services with money back guarantee. " (She denied starting the Elance page on Wikipediocracy.)

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:26 pm

she started churning. 50-100 edits per day

Drawing from Neil Stephenson's Science Fiction - She "lives" in a Phyle called Wikipedia. The insular, specific, and separate culture of a Phyle becomes totally immersive to the point where individuals detach from reality. Life and culture within the Phyle becomes reality.

People interacting with Wikipedia as editors-administrators falsely believe they are actively engaged in an interactive life activity that provides them with satisfaction, self-worth, and positive feedback.

Take Wikipedia away from Gorilla Warfare and her world would no longer exist.

I am just realizing this now (today, this instant)

Wikipedia is a Social Media Platform, it might seem to be more erudite than Facebook in presentation but its essentially the same system. There are people lost in Facebook just like they are lost in Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is actually worse than Facebook because consumers are using a defective product falsely advertising itself as an encyclopedia. . Wikipedia is a Social Networking Platform.

I just found this gem;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... 0community.

and in talk

Wikipedia is a social networking site

Historically, many people have said that Wikipedia is not a social networking site. Wikipedia meets any definition of a social networking site, so people should say that it is a social networking site. If anyone has a definition of a social networking site which includes many of these list of social networking websites but excludes Wikipedia then I would like to see it. Certainly for the majority of Wikipedia users the project is an information source because their only interaction is in reading articles; however, the editing process is as social as any other collaborative project.

The best argument I have ever heard for defining social networking site in a way that excludes Wikipedia is the "majority use" argument. Since Wikipedia is 99% readers who do not use the platform socially and 1% content developers who interact with each other, then it is not a social networking site for the 99% majority and therefore ought not be called a social networking site at all. However, I feel that the impact the 1% of users have had on the world justifies using the term "social networking site". Wikipedia was not created by non-social individuals. There is a huge amount of communication between content developers. There is no other platform which could introduce people to each other in the way that Wikipedia can. Wikipedia is a place for certain people to meet other certain people and Wikipedia introduces these people on the basis of culture and interest. There is value to the mission statement in promoting the social aspect of this project and the development of the encyclopedia is advanced by the public's awareness of this social network. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:24, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:21 am

As with all arbs and.most admins, if Molly said it was raining outside I would go to the window and check for myself. She is morally bankrupt and would say whatever she had to to get her way. Not only that, she hasn't done a single edit of value in over 10 years.
#BbbGate