Does anyone remember SPUI?

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Does anyone remember SPUI?

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:25 am

Any insiders or longtime Wiki watchers will remember SPUI from the very early days. Real name Dan Moraseski, he was either ADHD or a truly dedicated troll.....people openly questioned his sanity, and whether he had gone off his meds or something. Arguments about him continued for years. His obsession with roads, The Walt Disney Company, and a few other subjects made him very easy to spot. Jimbo Hisself encouraged Dan to grind WP in 2006. Dan was involved in a good list of early major disputes: pedophile userboxes, the "Highways" arbitration, and other general bullshit.

Dan got away with most of this because he was on Wikipedia IRC channels almost constantly in 2005-06, and he had the Blessing of Der Jimbo, so he was given extra leeway. But the blocks piled up and the complaints on AN/I became legion. He abandoned SPUI in 2007 and switched to "NE2", which he used on a minor basis and is still using in 2021.

Well kiddies and germs, I think I've just discovered a sockpuppet belonging to SPUI. It has been active from 2006 until last July.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Spshu

It, along with SPUI, were among the major editors of Reedy Creek Improvement District. It's difficult to find info on scandals involving this "Disney company town", although I did scrape up this lengthy 1996 LA Times article. You will NOT find any of that mentioned on Wikipedia, except possibly buried in the obscure and hard-to-find "List of incidents at Disney parks".

Now you may remember an old blog post on Wikipediocracy where I pointed out how commonplace it was to "sanctify" Disney content on WP. Paid editing must have been a factor. So, is Dan keeping bad things about Disney out of Wikipedia for money or other recompense?