Wikipedia Administrator Boing! said Zebedee teams up with Wikipediocracy to threaten OberRanks

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: Wikipedia Administrator Boing! said Zebedee teams up with Wikipediocracy to threaten OberRanks

Post by boredbird » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:10 am

I have to call this one for the Wikipedians. We're all ready to assume the worst of them and you're right Wexter that the site is set up for endless PVP action. Within that context though Future Perfect and Boing did the right thing.*

Good thing OberRanks wasn't secretly dating the WMF Chair or you'd be Trust and Safety banned for harassment!

*Just because we dox you doesn't mean we hate you. Okay sometimes it does but mostly it's just what we do. Lukas doesn't seem to care and you still seem alright so no harm done. OberRanks cares a lot because he was caught doing some very bad things…I like how he keeps saying he is in great danger, maybe from the Mossad or something?
SkepticalHistorian wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:03 pm
First they came for the Nazis

Wikipedia is censored by CIA, Mossad and ignorant bigots. They even took down Raquel's nude picture on her Talk Page!
Hey SkepticalHistorian you know this OberRanks dude?

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Re: Wikipedia Administrator Boing! said Zebedee teams up with Wikipediocracy to threaten OberRanks

Post by wexter » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:56 am

boredbird wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:10 am

Wikipedia is set up for endless PVP action.
Yes, banning (or doxing) a "hate-mongering propagandist; a historical revisionist" would be the morally "right thing to do," from an "administrative perspective" no question about it. The platform captures people into PvP; there is active PvP against new users, experts, and years of trench warring between folks who have been entrenched in the platform for years.

Is it PvP or really PvE [[WP:PVE]] - the main enemy is the environment, the structure of Wikipedia (the game) itself.

Wikipedia: “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.”

The platform is all about "Assured Destruction" for its participants WP:MAD who eventually "destruct" in spectacular ways.
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:16 am

wexter wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:56 am
Yes, banning (or doxing) a "hate-mongering propagandist; a historical revisionist" would be the morally "right thing to do," from an "administrative perspective" no question about it.
To be fair to OberRanks I haven't yet seen any overt support for Nazism or holocaust denial, more source fabrication and copyright violations on Nazi medals and stuff. K.e. coffman seemed to think this usually means secret Nazism but there could be other reasons. No one seems to know what drove OberRanks. Maybe someone can be subconsciously attracted to Nazism without really agreeing with it, say they like their fashion sense or something. It looks more fetishy than polemic.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:41 am

boredbird wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:16 am
wexter wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:56 am
Yes, banning (or doxing) a "hate-mongering propagandist; a historical revisionist" would be the morally "right thing to do," from an "administrative perspective" no question about it.
To be fair to OberRanks I haven't yet seen any overt support for Nazism or holocaust denial, more source fabrication and copyright violations on Nazi medals and stuff. K.e. coffman seemed to think this usually means secret Nazism but there could be other reasons. No one seems to know what drove OberRanks. Maybe someone can be subconsciously attracted to Nazism without really agreeing with it, say they like their fashion sense or something. It looks more fetishy than polemic.
Yes, I saw no suggestion of Nazi support in anything he did - it seems more like just a period of history that he's interested in and knowledgeable about.

Why he did it is anybody's guess, but he did say about himself (while still pretending he wasn't him) at Wikipediocracy: "I think OberRanks was pretty much a rat ass bastard who made up articles. Why he did it is a long story..."

I suspect we'll never know that story. But at the end of the day, all he did was mess with a web site. He didn't stab anyone.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:00 pm

Boing! said Zebedee wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:41 am

reasons

mess with a web site. He didn't stab anyone.
You mention two critical points.. People have "REASONS" (inexplicable) for editing Wikipedia

This is the key point; he did not just "MESS WITH A WEBSITE"

He promulgated "dis-informaton" for his own "reasons" on the website of record, a comprehensive site that people falsely believe is authoritative and is the primary destination from Google search.

RESPONSIBILITY - Even if you take personal responsibility on the platform, by posting accurate information and fighting dis-information, the mechanics of the site will prevent-overwhelm efforts to fact, accuracy, and truth. There are no "good editors-administrators" and "bad editors-administrators" there are simply participants.

IRRESPONSIBILITY - Participation on the platform has the equivalent reach of spreading lies and gossip to the entire population. Spreading lies via the primary educational resource that people use to inform themselves - no its not just a website.

So no, he did not just mess with a website. You are equally responsible for spreading dis-information on a globally-societal scale as is Oberranks. Your reasons are not any better than his, the detrimental-end-result in overview is not any different no matter who participates.

Thankfully there are ever declining number dupes that get sucked into a dissonance-engine. There are fewer and fewer Wikipedians. Wikipedians and WMF eat their own participants for breakfast and then they spit or puke them out.

Thinking people, critical thinkers, do not participate on Wikipedia. Responsible people, civically responsible people, that are able to find the overview of the platform do not edit or administrate Wikipedia.

Footnote;

Dis-information on the website of record: hardly a quality article exists as a percentage of all articles - the number of accurate articles is minuscule at .17% of all articles. There are many "reasons" for the lack of quality. The metrics were covered in another post.

Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

SkepticalHistorian
Sucks Fan

Post by SkepticalHistorian » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:38 pm

boredbird wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:10 am
I have to call this one for the Wikipedians. We're all ready to assume the worst of them and you're right Wexter that the site is set up for endless PVP action. Within that context though Future Perfect and Boing did the right thing.*

Good thing OberRanks wasn't secretly dating the WMF Chair or you'd be Trust and Safety banned for harassment!

*Just because we dox you doesn't mean we hate you. Okay sometimes it does but mostly it's just what we do. Lukas doesn't seem to care and you still seem alright so no harm done. OberRanks cares a lot because he was caught doing some very bad things…I like how he keeps saying he is in great danger, maybe from the Mossad or something?
SkepticalHistorian wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:03 pm
First they came for the Nazis

Wikipedia is censored by CIA, Mossad and ignorant bigots. They even took down Raquel's nude picture on her Talk Page!
Hey SkepticalHistorian you know this OberRanks dude?
No, never heard of him and I’ve been editing since 2006. I also uploaded a few Nazi, WWII documents from the National (US) LOC Archives and National (US) Holocaust Museum.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:21 am

boredbird wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:16 am
To be fair to OberRanks I haven't yet seen any overt support for Nazism or holocaust denial
I found no evidence of that at all either. The main issue seemed to be fudged or fabricated sources. Later on, when K.e.coffmann, Boing! and others started mass deleting his articles, the AfDs frequently said they were "fabricated articles" and should be deleted simply because they were written by Oberranks. It doesn't look like Oberranks made up false articles and all of what he wrote did seem to be real things, just with bad sources. Only a few people ever defended him and the ones I found in most of the threads trying to stop some of these deletions were mainly Kierzek, Peacemaker67, and Necrothesp. In one case, this led to a brief edit war on the Wikipedia article about the Hitler Youth after K.e.coffmann repeatedly tried to delete Hitler Youth ranks from various articles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =886425036

K.e.coffmann never directly stated Oberranks was a neo-Nazi but others did imply it as well as dropping hints that he got some kind of fetish kick from writing articles about military ranks - hence his name. And of course, after his banning Oberranks was constantly called a liar. This is pretty common on Wikipedia that once a user gets banned the gloves are off about personal attacks and I've seen it over and over again. There was a case a few years ago, forget which account, where after the banning it was widely suggested the person was a child molester.

I might write some more later about this. I really would like to get someone at the National Archives to give me their side of this, but unlike Boing! and his confederates I don't plan to call Oberranks office. Apparently at one point one of the administrators involved actually had it down to the exact room where Oberranks worked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1015443332

One last thing, we have not heard from Jake Is A Sellout about any of this! Thats why I came here in the first place to reply to his original post which he made. Can someone ask him to reply?

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:42 am

Hey Jennsaurus (or should I call you OberRanks?), shall we clarify a few things?

Firstly, yes, it's blindingly obvious that you are OberRanks. You are doing exactly the same thing that you did as VindTax45 over at Wikipediocracy (and VindTax45 is undoubtedly, 100%, OberRanks)....

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... =8&t=11916

(And you've done exactly the same thing with sock accounts on Wikipedia in the past - inventing characters who vouch for what a good guy you are and how you're the poor victim. And you also did something similar at an unrelated web site).

Next, you did falsify actual Wikipedia content, it wasn't just the fake sources. And your additions weren't deleted because "It's OberRanks so it must be false". No, it was more "It's OberRanks, and he's been proved to have faked a significant amount of content, so if we can't independently verify something he added then we can't keep it". It's all about verifiability, as you will know from your lengthy experience there.

You mention an admin who knew the actual office you worked in? Blame NARA or the US government for that, as they publish those details openly in the NARA employee register, together with work emails and phone numbers (and you'd used your NARA email address to contact someone to make your accusations - so you outed yourself, genius). And there's a lot more information openly published about US government employees and their history, so you need to be careful there. I don't know if you're still on the NARA list (I haven't checked), as your LinkedIn profile suggests you might not be there any more - is that why you're suddenly so bold again with your lying accusations against other people?

Finally, you're continuing with your lies about me contacting your employer, which I never did, never intended to, and will not do. A man with weaker willpower than me might be tempted to forget his promise not to dox you if you continue to post lies like this - you're lucky on that score.

But honestly, the folks here aren't stupid. They won't swallow your chronic lying, just as those at Wikipediocracy and Wikipedia (eventually) didn't. You're smart, but you're not as smart as you think you are - and you're a poor liar.

Best regards,
Boing!
Last edited by Boing! said Zebedee on Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:12 pm

The more valid criticism of Wikipedia is that OberRanks was allowed to get away with it for so long.
Jennsaurus wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:21 am
The main issue seemed to be fudged or fabricated sources.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:24 pm

boredbird wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:12 pm
The more valid criticism of Wikipedia is that OberRanks was allowed to get away with it for so long.
Yes, indeed. By the time the ban finally happened, there had been numerous chances to have stopped him a lot earlier, stretching all the way back to his days as Husnock. Regulars and admins who had his fabrications and copyright thefts pushed right under their noses for some reason just ignored them, waved them away, and accepted his multiple transparent lies. It was some of the worst incompetence I've ever seen there, and admins responsible for enabling him for so long should have been booted out - but in the volunteer culture there, you never lose your admin status for not doing something.

Best,
Boing!