Wikipedia Administrator Boing! said Zebedee teams up with Wikipediocracy to threaten OberRanks

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Wikipedia Administrator Boing! said Zebedee teams up with Wikipediocracy to threaten OberRanks

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:58 am

A) thank you for posting these. Unfortunately one has already been rev-deleted, indicating that the LITTLE WIKI BASTARDS ARE WATCHING THIS THREAD. The others will probably disappear soon. You seem to have gotten thru to them.

B) NONE of this surprises me. They go into a screaming RAGE when someone doxes THEM, but it's "acceptable" for THEM to track down and harass someone they dislike. Anyone. Since OberRanks was working at the National Archive, I expect that Boing was calling the management to "punish" him. Backstabbing petty little worms. This is Your Glorious Project in action. Be disgusted.
that last link is Diannaa saying another editor was threatened in 2012, well after the Poetlister drama:
*:::::There was an editor back in 2012 who got indef-blocked for off-wiki harassment for calling someone's employer so I am pretty sure doing that is a pretty bad idea.— [[User:Diannaa|Diannaa]] ([[User talk:Diannaa|talk]]) 15:34, 1 April 2021 (UTC)
Does anyone know what theyre referring to there?
It has happened so many times, I could not keep track.....Newyorkbrad went on a tirade in 2012 to "justify" the banning of Phil Hall/Horse With No Name and his many socks. Allegedly Phil was calling people at work to argue with them, or something. But the admins did a great job of covering up all the details. There is little trace of what Phil actually did. And this is ALSO why Ira feels it's "fully justified" to delete good content written by those awful banned users. Especially the ones who "dox" the "good Wikipedians".

As I keep saying: Wikipedia is an insane cult-oriented social gaming site. The "encyclopedia" is of far less importance than the socializing, power-tripping and abuse.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Wikipedia Administrator Boing! said Zebedee teams up with Wikipediocracy to threaten OberRanks

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:19 am

Back then I was dating the man who operated the account Zscout370
You dated Zach Harden? The book wiki has an article about him. Not very complementary, but then the book wiki wasn't written to cover the "good" admins, just the ones who caused the most chaos/"history".

Zach got into a really brutal argument with Jimbo in 2007, and survived it. One of those little items that shows how Jimbo's power on Wikipedia has declined.

Is Zach still worshipping "king of the nerds" Danny Choo? Hope not. No one should worship that smug little rich boy.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:48 am

badmachine wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:25 am
that first link is the only one that was vaporized.

BSZ is probably also STATICVapor, which did all his music genre warrioring.

that last link is Diannaa saying another editor was threatened in 2012, well after the Poetlister drama:
*:::::There was an editor back in 2012 who got indef-blocked for off-wiki harassment for calling someone's employer so I am pretty sure doing that is a pretty bad idea.— [[User:Diannaa|Diannaa]] ([[User talk:Diannaa|talk]]) 15:34, 1 April 2021 (UTC)
Does anyone know what theyre referring to there?
I don't think the account you mentioned STATICVapor is connected to Boing! Too different, separate interests, etc. Boing, although having a notice on his page that he is inactive, apparently spends all his now time at ANI.

The issue from 2012 I only vaguely remember, and it was one of two people as I recall, but can't remember which. There was an Air Force sergeant, very vain man, posted some very personal information about himself and his family, revealing who he was, and then someone said they called his Air Force base and told the IT office he was editing Wikipedia during working hours. The second probable person was someone who worked in a laboratory and there was a post about how someone had timed when he was on Wikipedia and that this was when the lab was open, so they called the lab and told them someone was on Wikipedia instead of working. I wish I had links to post, but it was a very long time ago, over ten years now, but I think the Air Force man was probably who Diana was talking about.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:04 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:19 am
You dated Zach Harden? The book wiki has an article about him. Not very complementary, but then the book wiki wasn't written to
OMG, I didn't know we could use real names. Yes Zac. it was a long time ago, knew him from years before when he was involved with the Boy Scouts. He was very nice when I knew him, I didn't realize he had gotten in trouble later on Wikipedia as a bad admin. I haven't talked to him in 15 years - he was one of the Wikipedia people, even back then, who didn't like what was going on with the anti-Oberranks people and tried to stop some of it.

PS, what is the "book wiki"? Where can I get a copy?

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:54 pm

Hello folks,

I heard I'd been mentioned here, so I popped over to take a look. I'm not afraid to discuss criticism and be as open as I can.

I think there's been some misunderstanding of what was redacted back then and how revision deletion works. I'll need to check back over those diffs and remind myself of what happened. But no comments of mine were removed from the discussion, as far as I can remember.

For now, I can assure you that I never contacted Oberranks' employer, and I did not offer to do so. And I will not do so in future. I was prepared to pass on my knowledge to the Arbitration Committee and/or the Wikimedia Foundation if he continued to disrupt Wikipedia by posting fake content supported by falsified sources, or continued to make false attacks and accusations against Wikipedia contributors (on various sites). But as he stopped contributing falsified content to Wikipedia, and he deleted his most egregious accusations from another site, that seems to be moot now.

Yes, I do know who Oberranks is. But that required no work of detective genius, as he revealed lots of personal information on Wikipedia before getting much of it deleted. He uploaded files with his own name in the filename. And he listed his academic and employment background in detail at multiple places on Wikipedia - the exact same academic and employment background that he has posted on multiple other sites, in his real name.

He created an account on Wikipediocracy and pretended it wasn't him - but he used the same avatar that he had used on Facebook! We're really not looking at a secret agent candidate here.

I think it's entirely possible that individuals might have contacted his employer. Given how open he was about his identity in the past, and how incompetent has been in trying to hide it since, there must be many people who know who he is. But any suggestion that it was me is unfounded.

As far as I can see, in real life he seems to be a respectable guy with a good career leading a happy life. I have never tried to interrupt that, and I have no intention of doing so.

Anyway, I'll check back over those past diffs and will get back to you.

Best,
Boing!

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:22 pm

Boing! said Zebedee wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:54 pm
Yes, I do know who Oberranks is. But that required no work of detective genius, as he revealed lots of personal information on Wikipedia before getting much of it deleted. He uploaded files with his own name in the filename. And he listed his academic and employment background in detail at multiple places on Wikipedia - the exact same academic and employment background that he has posted on multiple other sites, in his real name.

He created an account on Wikipediocracy and pretended it wasn't him - but he used the same avatar that he had used on Facebook! We're really not looking at a secret agent candidate here.
The line between Wikipedians and doxxers was never all that clear. Naturally you want to know who is tormenting you or doing other bullshit online. It's like telling people to always wear a blindfold, someone is going to slip it off and take a peek if they can.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:04 pm

Jennsaurus wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:04 am
http://www.logicmuseum.com/x/index.php?title=Main_Page

and no, unless you're a journalist writing about WP "internal culture" or want to write your own book about WP, I can't give you a copy. Sorry. As any regular on this forum will tell you, ten years ago myself and Ed Buckner started assembling the notes for an HONEST book on Wikipedia's early history. Including the absurd scandals and petty nonsense. We ended up owning a massive database of people and incidents, far more than really needed. Even managed to dox about 350 major insiders/admins, collected photos of them, etc.

We assembled a reasonably-sized manuscript and tried to market it to publishers and literary agents. NOT ONE of them would touch it. It seems that the publishing world is terrified of Jimbo Wales and his lunatic fan club/cult. They are sneaky and vengeful; Jimbo has threatened to sue anyone publishing a critique of himself personally (while Wikipedia ironically has a "NO LEGAL THREATS" policy); and now that the WMF has more than $150 million in cash stowed away, plus the blind support of many Silicon Valley assholes, they can afford to make serious legal threats against anyone publishing the actual truth.

Go thru this forum, I've posted some excerpt articles from the book wiki to illustrate the deep madness of "good Wikipedians".

This is why it's easy to believe that Boing might have harassed OberRanks. They are raging hypocrites and feel invulnerable to criticism. And other WP insiders have done the exact same thing. Ask me about Andy Sylvia sometime.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:09 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:04 pm
Jennsaurus wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:04 am
http://www.logicmuseum.com/x/index.php?title=Main_Page

and no, unless you're a journalist writing about WP "internal culture" or want to write your own book about WP, I can't give you a copy. Sorry. As any regular on this forum will tell you, ten years ago myself and Ed Buckner started assembling the notes for an HONEST book on Wikipedia's early history. Including the absurd scandals and petty nonsense. We ended up owning a massive database of people and incidents, far more than really needed. Even managed to dox about 350 major insiders/admins, collected photos of them, etc.

We assembled a reasonably-sized manuscript and tried to market it to publishers and literary agents. NOT ONE of them would touch it. It seems that the publishing world is terrified of Jimbo Wales and his lunatic fan club/cult. They are sneaky and vengeful; Jimbo has threatened to sue anyone publishing a critique of himself personally (while Wikipedia ironically has a "NO LEGAL THREATS" policy); and now that the WMF has more than $150 million in cash stowed away, plus the blind support of many Silicon Valley assholes, they can afford to make serious legal threats against anyone publishing the actual truth.

Go thru this forum, I've posted some excerpt articles from the book wiki to illustrate the deep madness of "good Wikipedians".

This is why it's easy to believe that Boing might have harassed OberRanks. They are raging hypocrites and feel invulnerable to criticism. And other WP insiders have done the exact same thing. Ask me about Andy Sylvia sometime.
it still says login required. but this link will take you to some articles.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:23 pm

If you want to ask about a specific subject, send me a private message and we can talk.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:40 pm

boredbird wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:22 pm
The line between Wikipedians and doxxers was never all that clear. Naturally you want to know who is tormenting you or doing other bullshit online. It's like telling people to always wear a blindfold, someone is going to slip it off and take a peek if they can.
According to long time and generally sane Wikipedia administrator DGG, Boing! and Oberranks never knew each other on Wikipedia, never edited the same articles, and never communicated on any talk pages. Boing! seems to have appeared on the scene about a year after Oberranks left Wikipedia and had read what Future Perfect at Sunrise had written about Oberranks which was pretty bad.

The two then collaborated to started deleting Oberranks' article and Boing! may then be seen voting on all of these discussions with bad things to say about Oberranks. About a year after this, Boing! admits on a few ANI threads that he researched who Oberranks is and know where he works. Apparently, around this time it became known to other administrators what was happening and became clear Boing! was conducting some pretty deep research into Oberranks including reviewing years old links, diffs, and deleted files and pages. That lead to at least one page in a user space getting deleted, due to Boing!'s interest in it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ice_Record

This led into the incident at ANI which was already linked, where Boing! was warned about calling Oberranks' employer. The story sounds like a classic case of Internet doxing.