Sucks Fan

Re: SlimVirgin dies

Post by SkepticalHistorian » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:54 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:03 pm
Daniel Brandt wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:29 pm
4) The only thing I've found so far is this:
Steve K Gibb, (306) 373-4125, 25 Cantlon Crescent, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7J 2T2
(Note that on official city records, "Cantlon Crescent" if often abbreviated as "Cantlon Cres".)

I don't plan on calling that number anytime soon.
Bribing Jimbo directly would have been more effective. Of course, we don't know if that actually happened also....it would certainly explain some of the stupid / bizarre things Jimbo has said and done over the years.
When did Jimbo become a Zionist? Sarah too, she edited in support of a lot of Zionist propaganda.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:06 pm

SkepticalHistorian wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:54 pm
When did Jimbo become a Zionist? Sarah too, she edited in support of a lot of Zionist propaganda.
As I've said before: I suspect these people are pure exploiters, and got help from pro-Israel POVers in return for letting them run wild in their quest to demonize Palestinians. On Wikipedia the mess you make does not matter, only the desired result.

Daniel Brandt
Sucks

Post by Daniel Brandt » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:59 pm

Another pic of Sarah:

https://environmentaldefence.ca/2017/06 ... eau-river/

(scroll to the big pic at the bottom of this page)

The first time I came across this pic on Google months ago, the photo credit at the bottom was from some reporter at the Saskatoon StarPhoenix. That amounts to further confirmation that it's our Sarah Gibb in the pic. Also, the dog looks like one of the two dogs in the pic that SlimVirgin posted on Wikipedia, and was also found on a Google picture that included Steve and his two dogs.

Unless Slim is standing in a hole, she's shorter than I expected.

WorldWideWebWyyzrd
Sucks Noob

Post by WorldWideWebWyyzrd » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:10 am

Rest in Pease SV

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:39 am

"Pease"?

PS, are you also hanging around on the ED forum? The name is an "interesting coincidence" esp. since we have a Dramatica subsection here. They REALLY don't like that "Wyyzrd". Seems to be on their forum primarily to stir up trouble.

https://forum.encyclopediadramatica.onl ... yyzrd.640/

WorldWideWebWyyzrd
Sucks Noob

Post by WorldWideWebWyyzrd » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:41 am

Eh, idk, I'm just trying to hit 5k messages, and once that legacy is secured, I'll fuck right off and post here and on other forums.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun May 01, 2022 1:42 am

WorldWideWebWyyzrd wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:41 am
Eh, idk, I'm just trying to hit 5k messages, and once that legacy is secured, I'll fuck right off and post here and on other forums.
You can post SERIOUS items about Wikipedia here. If you want to shitpost and fight with people, please do it on EDF where it belongs. Thank you.

Cla68
Sucks

Post by Cla68 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:03 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:46 pm
Fuggetaboutit wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:34 am
Yeah, I don't think you have to worry about how he'd react.
Loss of Steve Gibb a loss for all of Saskatoon
She's mentioned in his funeral home obit https://saskatoonfuneralhome.com/tribut ... tuary.html " He was predeceased by his parents, Henry Gibb and Nella Shore, his sister Ella Marlene Hamilton, and his second wife, Sarah." - why is it not in the newspaper column? Who knows, cut for space? Maybe the guy who was writing it couldn't fit it in? Maybe he didn't like her? Does it matter? It's not an official obit but one reporter's tribute (apparently that was published in the paper but the paper's obit webpage seems to be down for that matter). Point is she's dead, her husband's dead, unless Daniel wants to interrogate the poodle or her mother whose probably in her 90s and unlikely to know anything anyways, there's no one to talk to.
So, according to that obit, her husband did cultivate a social circle to sell his art as I speculated about earlier in this thread. But, it appears that they weren't very socially active the last few years, which I think is understandable as he was becoming elderly and infirm while focused on caring for his wife who was apparently an invalid for the past 10 years or so.

One thing to remember is that Wikipedia is one of the most influential websites in the world right now, which is one of the reasons why this forum exists. Ms Sarah Gibb was one of the key figures in the development of that website to what it is today, for one major reason that she was the main person involved in writing its policies, most of which are still in use. Her life story, what we know of it, is very interesting: how a promising young Scottish journalist, with strikingly photogenic looks, ended up living a fairly reclusive life in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, of all places.

As I explained earlier in this thread, I don't think she was a spy, or at least, not a full-time one. She was an environmental and animal rights activist and a fairly good writer. She was definitely an authoritarian, for better or worse, and I know that as someone who got in her way and experienced her response.

Wikipedians seem to be reluctant to discuss her full role and influence on what Wikipedia is today. I suspect it's because it doesn't reflect very well on Wikipedia or it's lofty goals and a full conversation would unearth a lot of skeletons.

I would say this to Wikipedians who were members of her "super sekret" mailing list(s) and other efforts to control certain topics and drive away editors and admins who didn't toe the line: why the secrets and lies? How do you expect a "project" with supposedly altruistic goals like Wikipedia to be successful if there are so many hidden agendas being tiptoed around and unacknowledged? Why don't you drag everything into the open and get it sorted out so that content writers can, for once, feel welcomed and believe that the rules will be applied equally to everyone?

SkepticalHistorian
Sucks Fan

Post by SkepticalHistorian » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:04 pm

Could have been paid Mossad. One of the last things she did before dying was completely revise the article on the Holocaust removing the final paragraph, which I think is a complete farce: after plowing through the article with 465 references, you read many people don’t even know what Auschwitz was and that Holocaust denial is illegal in 13, mostly European nations. Her last edit there was 16 April 2021.
Awareness

Countries in which denial of Holocaust is illegal
In September 2018, an online CNN–ComRes poll of 7,092 adults in seven European countries—Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Poland, and Sweden—found that one in 20 had never heard of the Holocaust. The figure included one in five people in France aged 18–34. Four in 10 Austrians said they knew "just a little" about it; 12 percent of young people there said they had never heard of it.[462] A 2018 survey in the United States found that 22 percent of 1,350 adults said they had never heard of it, while 41 percent of Americans and 66 percent of millennials did not know what Auschwitz was.[463] In 2019 a survey of 1,100 Canadians found that 49 percent could not name any of the concentration camps.[464] In an online poll of 2,006 people in the UK in 2019, 45 percent did not know how many were murdered in the Holocaust, 19 percent believed that the number of Jews murdered was fewer than two million, and 5.4 percent believed, "the Holocaust never really happened."[465] https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =930968681

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:02 am

SkepticalHistorian wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:04 pm
Could have been paid Mossad. One of the last things she did before dying was completely revise the article on the Holocaust removing the final paragraph, which I think is a complete farce
Sounds like some people's reasons for opposing this SlimVirgin character were better than others.