Wikipedia Administrator hacks an editors email account, to prove he is a person you can trust

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Wikipedia Administrator hacks an editors email account, to prove he is a person you can trust

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:03 pm

This is too Wikipedia (and Wikipediocracy) for words.

I posted about the start of this nonsense before, but the apparent end is even more stupid.

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 50#p292654

Wikipedia ADMINISTRATOR Boing! claims that banned Wikipedia user IHateAccounts is lying when they claim a Wikipedia Arbitrator sent them a harassing email using a throwaway troll account. In order to prove this, Boing hacked the troll's email account, and has posted screenshots from its activity logs to claim that some messages IHA claimed were sent by it, don't correspond to a time anyone was logged in, so they were obviously faked. He also used this data to claim the abusive email was sent by someone in Houston, and IHA has previously been CheckUsered to Houston, so therefore, in Wikipedia logic, IHA must be controlling both accounts.

Boing has concluded his case thusly......
Now, I might have faked all of this, making up images of faked protonmail account logs, etc. I'll leave it up to the audience to decide which of us is more likely to be lying/trolling.
As is typical for Wikipediocracy, they have already set Boing's mind at ease, they believe him.

Which, of course, for an alleged Wikipedia criticism site, wasn't even the pertinent issue here.

This Wikipedia Administrator literally hacked someone's external email and posted his loot on an external website, all to materially affect a Wikipedia editor's chances at appeal.

If that is not the literal definition of serious global ban worthy WP:HARASSMENT, what is? It's a darn site creepier and illegal than what Jytdog did, is it not? A troll they may be, but they're a person whose email account is no longer under their control, because of the actions of someone who, just like Jytdog, will quite probably claim with all seriousness, they did what they did FOR THE GOOD OF WIKIPEDIA.

Crazy isn't even the half of it.

And if this is the sort of creepy shit he is prepared to openly admit to doing, what the fuck is he prepared to do in private?

Whose knicker drawers has this creep been rifling through, in the name of Wikipedia?

Has anyone on Wikipediocracy even thought to report this admission? Or are they perfectly fine with this being how Wikipedia Administrators conduct themselves.

You already know the answer, if you are a serious Wikipedia critic.

Sellout traitorous wankers the lot of 'em.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Wikipedia Administrator hacks an editors email account, to prove he is a person you can trust

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:15 am

EX-administrator, I might note. His squabbles with Michael Hardy and Maxim (who I STILL think is a sockpuppet belonging to David Gerard) and successful arbitration against Fred Bauder must surely have made him enemies.

Although he's probably got enough support to go back and get his power back if he "asks nicely". And I fully expect he will do that within a year or two--after spluttering his bullshit all over the "evil BADSITE" Wikipediocracy.

If only Alan would come here and talk reasonably. But he won't. The coward.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Wikipedia Administrator hacks an editors email account, to prove he is a person you can trust

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:21 am

This is why they invented oversight. They can't trust their admins at all. I bet there will soon be a third category of users above oversighters for the people "who we really really actually need to comply with our rules" about private information.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers