The William Connolley thread

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

The William Connolley thread

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:06 am

I know he has been keeping a "low profile" in recent years and it's not as much fun to snipe at him anymore. Despite being a total shit, he's got "moral certainty" on his side as one of WP's most rabid opponents of global-warming critics, which is developing to be correct. Not that it gives him freedom to conduct personal attacks on people who barely qualify as "public figures".

Previous comment on this forum:
viewtopic.php?p=17481#p17481

Today I looked at Piers Corbyn, brother of the former Labour leader and general classic English crackpot. As usual, Connolley and his private Nut Squad have been attacking Corbyn since Corbyn's bio was created in 2007. Corbyn is a VERY minor public figure in the UK--yet his WP article is now 70kbytes long and practically makes him out to be an international mad scientist/criminal mastermind. Ludicrous.
There is a genuine disagreement about whether PC is an astrophysicist or meteorologist (Personal attack removed--UBeR). I would prefer to describe his as neither, but simply say what he is known for William M. Connolley 19:53, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
Tbe icing on the shitcake: back in 2007 Connolley was aided in his must-destroy-this-guy turditry.....by Corbyn himself. I am not surprised. No one told the old man "do not feed troll".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... iersCorbyn

The history of Corbyn's bio is packed full of Wikipedia insiders and really-doubtful sockpuppets. Recent nuts like "Bilorv" and "LeftiePete" make me wonder who they "belong" to. Connolley last edited the bio in May of this year. Fourteen years of "IHATEHIMHATEHATEHAATE". Would call that "stalking" perhaps. Or at least "too stupid".

And PLEASE don't think that Connolley is a "minor figure" in Wikipedia history himself. Most of the articles in Template: Climate change and the category were editwarred extravagantly by Connolley and friends, such as Raymond Arritt, Jytdog, and various socks of Cirt.

Let's not ever forget this list, which I had to retrieve from archive.org--because it was finally deleted a couple of years ago. After more than ten years of shrieking and fighting. It is literally a Connolley enemies list. Wikipedia at its worst. Some of them were DEAD and yet Connolley kept attacking them.

You DO know that Connolley was desysopped over this, right?

(Damn. Now Wikipedia has a mental hard-on over Greta Thunberg. That's not creepy at all. :flamingbanana: At least she's doing more to change public perception than Connolley ever managed.)

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: The William Connolley thread

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:02 am

And just btw, his stupid and pointless Wikipedia BLP has survived. EIGHT attempts to AFD, between 2005 and 2008, failed. Have a big pile of Wikipedia dysfunction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Connolley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... omination)