Yngvadottir and her weird as fuck protest against the WMF

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Yngvadottir and her weird as fuck protest against the WMF

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:07 am

I had totally forgotten Yngvadottir was doing this.......(see the wierd edit summaries)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... ngvadottir

.....and it's been so long that I forget what the trigger incident was (Fram?).

As an example of what sort of nutbaggery goes on at Wikipedia, it's pretty good.

The ever charming The Rambling Man, in the process of telling her to stop it because it's annoying him, has inadvertently made her reveal why she is doing it......
I am sorry, and on some edits it does seem silly; but the WMF aren't reasonable, and do think our participation is in service to them, and it's the only way I can accommodate my conscience and continue making a few contributions here. I am not implying anyone else should feel the same, so I make the extra bit as short and inoffensive as I can, but I personally feel like a traitor in that I carry on at the project. Yngvadottir (talk) 01:11, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
this is my personal position that I in no way wish to imply anyone else should share, but adding a disclaimer is the only way I can square continuing to contribute here with my conscience. It's not a matter of what we editors know, it's a matter of the WMF treating all our edits as endorsements
Maybe it's the language barrier, but I struggle to even parse what her beef is. Which is kind of a problem for any notional protest.

She hates the idea that the WMF thinks her editing Wikipedia is an endorsement of the WMF?

Fuck knows what that is supposed to mean. You're using their service, under their terms, so you are endorsing them, whether you like it or not.

Nobody reading Wikipedia is checking which lines of Wikipedia came from editors who do not endorse the WMF. Even typing that out, showed how insane it is.

I find it ironic that her protest actually slanders the WMF, because if the strategy bullshit has proven anything, it's how utterly desperate the WMF are for the community to see them as equals and peers in their sad little dreams of writing an encyclopedia, and not see the relationship as some kind of master slave deal.

People like Yngvadottir need to realise, any power the WMF has, they were given it by idiots like her. They signed onto the relationship. They knew going into this, that they were donating their time and effort in the furtherance of the goals of a non-profit, and there was no quid pro quo. It was a free donation, the accrued benefits of which could be used by the WMF any way they choose.

The hilarious thing about this protest, is that idiots like Yngvadottir have always shown what the real problem with this model is. It's far too easy for people like her to actually be blissfully PIG IGNORANT of what they are a part of. People like her have absolutely no clue what the WMF do, why they even exist.

For people like her, they want to live in a world where, as long as their ability to get their daily Wikipedia fix is unhindered, they don't want to hear, see or know anything about the WMF.

People like her typefy the sort of selfish irresponsible scum who call Wikipediocracy their home from home. People who have spent more time chatting with retards like Poetlister than have ever actually engaged with an employee of the WMF (or spent five seconds pondering why they're so reluctant to pick up the phone when they see "random Wikipedia fuckwit" on the caller ID).

Dirty filthy leeches. Freeloaders. The cockroaches who have grand delusions that they somehow own the house they infested.

She is of course famous for being the Administrator who sacrificed her tools at the alter of the LEAVE ERIC CORBETT ALONE campaign. He who perhaps personified most the attitude that it was somehow cool to know absolutely fuck all about the WMF, but have the brass cheek to criticise it too.

How'd that work out for her?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Is there a single friend or enabler of Eric Corbett who still believes it was worth it? That doesn't have the taste of shit in their mouths now? What a bunch of idiots. Who didn't see what he was from the very outset? It was so obvious he would betray everyone and everything he claimed to stand for when it became convenient. Becuase he stood for nothing except his own ego and self interest.

What would a selfish bastard like him know of the horrors of having to work a paid job at the WMF and have to answer to filthy scum like him AS WELL AS your actual bosses? To have to take his abuse when his life as a "Wikipedia editor" wasn't as cushy as he wanted it to be. To have to sit back and actually listen to that turd claim he could do a better job. But for some reason never got off his ass and ever applied for the only job he would have ever accepted at the WMF - Supreme Dick Tator.

Which makes it all the more bizarre that he somehow inspired people like Yngvadottir, who, as crazy as she may be, clearly thinks she is acting on some kind of selfless grand principle here, to the total sacrifice of herself.

I had thought she was just using a tool, but no, look closely and you'll see each summary is hand crafted.

She's probably spent literally days of her life just on this nonsense. It all adds up. Five seconds here, five seconds there.

Mental.

And for what? Who even knows about this protest, much less cares?

This is the reality of Wikipedia. One way or another, the price of entry is you have to give up something to be a member of the cult. For most people, it's time. For a significant few, it's their actual grip on reality.

In a few years, due to the changes already in motion, that these ignorant pig fuckers of course weren't even aware of because they could GIVE A SHIT what the WMF do, we could be at a stage where what the WMF actually does, is indeed decided by volunteers. People like her. Real power.

Unearned and undeserved, but granted to them, because why wouldn't you want to keep your stupid worker ants blind to their actual legal reality? Nothing they say or do will ever matter. Even when they think they have power, they won't.

With power comes responsibility, and the role of "Wikipedia editor" comes with zero responsibility. Zero.

And I bet even when that day comes, she still won't have a clue that she has been EMANCIPATED, and will still be writing these dumb messages. Her weird and totally ignored protest.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: Yngvadottir and her weird as fuck protest against theu WMF

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:32 am

I mean, these fucking people, honestly (from her user page).....
This user desires open communication and respect from the Wikimedia Foundation for the English Wikipedia's dispute resolution processes.
Those would be the same processes you deliberately sabotaged by unblocking Eric Corbett, right? A user who on at least one occasion and probably more, benefitted from shady backroom deals between corrupt volunteer Administrators to help him continue to engage in conduct those very Administrators knew was prohibited by policy and active consensus regarding that very user.

Fuck you, you hypocritical piece of shit.
This user would contribute to an organized fork of Wikipedia, if one were created.
Translation: This user is too fucking dumb to know why a fork of Wikipedia is NEVER going to be created (turns out that in reality they need the WMF more than the WMF needs them), and/or this user is too FUCKING LAZY and busy with her own sad life (and too addicted to Original Wikipedia!) to actually get off her lazy butt and help create a fork of Wikipedia if that is what she seriously believes will fix the issues she has (because in principle a Wikipedia 2.0 doesn't need the WMF at all, but it does need more than the usual piece of shit freeloaders who would be cross decking from 1.0)
This user wastes far too much time editing Wikipedia.
If you truly cared as much as you claim you do, if you were as truly behind this project as much as your sad little protest suggests, you'd have never even written this garbage. It shows the truth of what you are. Because let's be real, nobody is ever going to write "I waste far too much time volunteering for UNICEF", not even in jest. A selfish hobby for a selfish person. A leech.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Yngvadottir and her weird as fuck protest against the WMF

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:08 am

Let us not forget some of the happy fun that userboxes have "given us"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ox_warring

Is THAT even more stupid than Yngvadottir?