Mike Peel

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Mike Peel

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:42 am

In general it feels like this is best sorted with the appointed seats, which can fill in gaps not covered by the community elections after the elections have completed. And also generally persuading more diverse community people to stand in the elections (I know I didn't help with this! ;-) ). Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 21:35, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
:lol:

Translation: the community can vote for whitey, and the Foundation can add blackie, brownie and yellowie after the fact.

Unsurprisingly, this was not the point of the thread titled "Mike Peel reminds people not to vote for him" on Wikipediocracy.

As it happens, four white people did win the four seats on offer. But Mike wasn't one of them.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Mike Peel

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:30 am

Peel was one of the earliest Wikimedia UK board members, for reference.

(Well, by that I mean the post-2011 incarnation of WMUK. The 2007-2009 shitshow run (into the ground) by Forrester, David Gerard, FT2 and Alison Wheeler is not to be spoken of. Lol.)
Michael Peel - Secretary. Peel is a graduate and a doctorate student of the University of Manchester. He has been an admin (wikipedia:User:Mike_Peel) on the English Wikipedia since July 2007. "Outside of Wikimedia, Mike is an astrophysicist with knowledge of programming, web design and photography." michael.peelatwikimedia.org.uk.