Wikimedian in Residence

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Wikimedian in Residence

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:41 pm

Yes, it is something special, a Wikimedian in Residence. But it's a good name for this Wikistar, because more than one time he asked for volontairs for help in him De Kroeg (Village pump) , because he didn't know how Wikipedia works. But never mind, he went to Wikipsychose in Montrealto tell about his important job. Did he? No. We have to wait. NOG AAN TE VULLEN Caps. no dot, but who cares.

"Dit voorstel voor een lezing werd gehonoreerd, waarop het bestuur van Wikimedia Nederland besloot een gedeelte van mijn reis- en verblijfkosten te vergoeden. De overige kosten voor deelname werden vergoed door mijn werkgever Erfgoed Gelderland. Mijn deelname aan Wikimania 2017 was dus grotendeels gerelateerd aan mijn werkzaamheden binnen dit project".

So, a free trip, paid by his employer and Wikimedia-NL to..... do nothing! Because the purpose (Doelen voor deelname) are such a incredible bull, it's not even worth to translate. Nice isn't it? A job, a free trip to Canada, and not even a Wikipedian!

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Wikimedian in Residence

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Also: anyone calling him or herself "Wikipedian in Residence" or a "Wikimedia Fellow" (whatever the hell that means) or the like almost inevitably ends up with a paid job with the WMF or a chapter. Forsyth, Walling, Symonds, Sarah Stierch, Jake Orlowitz, Sydney Poore, Roger Bankin, etc. etc.

And they usually don't last in the job. The WMF is stupid for hiring its sycophants without regard for their stability or competence. And so the Foundation is boiling over with nepotistic rot. And they will continue to do this, as long as fools keep giving them millions of dollars.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:05 pm

But that Gelders Landschap (robot) is also insane. Someone asked in De Kroeg what he was doing there. He job was to explane the CC license. More than 2000 euro a month and a free mania trip. And what are they doing, that Wikipedian in Residence? They load up a few pictures out of the Public Domain on Commons what they find in the archive. And that is all they do!

Monsieur Cannibal
Sucks

Post by Monsieur Cannibal » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 pm

Look at the Dutch Wikipedia article about "GLAM": https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLAM with an advertising for Wikimedia Netherlands! An advertising in the main namespace. It's something for their 'nl.wikimedia' site, but not to be published on Wikipedia. Garbage must go.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:57 am

Graaf Statler wrote:Yes, it is something special, a Wikimedian in Residence. But it's a good name for this Wikistar, because more than one time he asked for volontairs for help in him De Kroeg (Village pump) , because he didn't know how Wikipedia works. But never mind, he went to Wikipsychose in Montrealto tell about his important job. Did he? No. We have to wait. NOG AAN TE VULLEN Caps. no dot, but who cares.

"Dit voorstel voor een lezing werd gehonoreerd, waarop het bestuur van Wikimedia Nederland besloot een gedeelte van mijn reis- en verblijfkosten te vergoeden. De overige kosten voor deelname werden vergoed door mijn werkgever Erfgoed Gelderland. Mijn deelname aan Wikimania 2017 was dus grotendeels gerelateerd aan mijn werkzaamheden binnen dit project".

So, a free trip, paid by his employer and Wikimedia-NL to..... do nothing! Because the purpose (Doelen voor deelname) are such a incredible bull, it's not even worth to translate. Nice isn't it? A job, a free trip to Canada, and not even a Wikipedian!
A Wikipedian-in-Residence is getting 2K Euros per month and didn't understand how to do fundamental tasks on Wikipedia? Have you double-checked this? If this is accurate it's a major scandal.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:39 am

Flip Flopped wrote:
Graaf Statler wrote:Yes, it is something special, a Wikimedian in Residence. But it's a good name for this Wikistar, because more than one time he asked for volontairs for help in him De Kroeg (Village pump) , because he didn't know how Wikipedia works. But never mind, he went to Wikipsychose in Montrealto tell about his important job. Did he? No. We have to wait. NOG AAN TE VULLEN Caps. no dot, but who cares.

A Wikipedian-in-Residence is getting 2K Euros per month and didn't understand how to do fundamental tasks on Wikipedia? Have you double-checked this? If this is accurate it's a major scandal.

There was more than once a discussion about in the village pump. The term Wikimedian in residence is not mine, it was a conclusion of someone at the end. His task is, to explane the CC license, and that's al. And because of that it is not needed he knows Wikipedia. But It's common to hire a idiot for WMF related jobs. This idiot they fired at the end, he was not able to translate a English paper in Dutch. And of course the GALM/Rijksmuseum soap, what ended up in this blog, (general conclusion, they are a bunch of autistic idiots, see Wikisoap X),This project what ended up in a enormous fight. Hans Muller en Arie Sonneveld were the Wikipedian in residence, and Sonneveld left in the middle of the project Wikipedia, shouting they were a bunch of idiots, but who is still mentioning this "job" in his CV on LinkedIn. They don't care! They go on and on and on! With a new elan!

They will never stop themself, WMF will never, never stop them. And do you know why? Of course WFM knows about it. They know every detail better than you and me. They don't
intervene because they are in that dammed hotel California! Locked up. You can check out any time you like, But you can never leave!'

But don't you think it doesn't hurt, when you have worked very, very hard like I did in that euro crisis, on wikiquote to clean up that mess, just cried out, and they are party with our king? The guest in general were not actiuve on Wikipedia, most of them had left years before. And sometimes I am thinking, our king has his holiday house in Greece, and it was in the middle of that euro crisis, what would they say? Ah, you liked our articles about the Greek political situation? Yes, yes yes, they are accurate, and they are correct. My articles had ten thousands view in that time! And they were partying with our king! And my work was not copyvio, I wrote it myself.

Not that I wanted to be there, I don't like that kind of meetings, but the invited people, you can read that, people how were not active for years, and me they treaded like a piece of dirt! And someone asked me, Kachel, a Belgium user, I don't know, on that troll WR board, why do you hate us? Well because of this! And the rest! And I have very good reasons to hate them!

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:15 pm

Did he have any particular expertise in his background to make explaining the CC license better than everyone else? It's not particularly difficult to explain and there are clear website explanations.

Barbour, do you think the Wikimedians in the Netherlands might be even better at scamming money than those in the U.S. and U.K.?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:Did he have any particular expertise in his background to make explaining the CC license better than everyone else? It's not particularly difficult to explain and there are clear website explanations.

I don't think so, because, like you said, there is not so much to say about it. There task is to ask, convince a organisation, a museum, a foundation like Gelders landschap, to load up a part of there collection pictures on commons. And if there is a course to edit Wikipedia, they ask for volunteers in the village pump, because they don't have a clou. And I can't remember one single editor of such a course became a editor.
But they are not interested in new editors. They want them to go away, they want there one people on Wikipedia. It was the same with me, first they wanted to delete the article of my dad, they kept it because to delete a article of a professor who had study in Oxford by Tolkien and was the founder of the English instituut in utrecht was a bit over the top. But only for that reason. Ah, they bully me from the first day, like they bully everyone, that Wikimedia members and there friends. They are big, fat trolls, subsidized by WMF. And they never, never give up, to hide they're messing up with copyright.
But who cares, they get there grands from WMF, whatever they do. Because WMF makes a lot of money with there banners, and give them a fraction to play around. I wish I knew how much WMF made in Holland, but I am sure a lot more than they give to this fools. It's business, web2 business, Flip.