Wikipedia Administrators subject to active sanctions

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Wikipedia Administrators subject to active sanctions

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:24 am

As expected, and indeed as you would hope, it seems to be a very small group.

Wikipedia being what it is, a secretive cult where outside scrutiny is most assuredly not welcome, it's actually surprisingly hard to compile a definitive list. If I have missed any, by all means, let us know!

I do wonder why these four lucky people have been allowed to keep most of their powers, and why their existence doesn't seem to encourage or compell them to be on their best behaviour at all times (although I dare say it has something to do with the fact these things probably aren't widely known).

David Gerard

* "indefinitely prohibited from using his administrator permissions (i) on pages relating to transgender people or issues and (ii) in situations involving such pages." (October 2013)

* "topic banned from editing content related to Scott Siskind, broadly construed" (March 2021)

Ritchie333

* "indefinitely banned from interacting with, or commenting on [a woman editor] anywhere on the English Wikipedia" (Aug 2019 +appeal declined)

GiantSnowman

* Assorted restrictions on blocking, warning and reverting. (February 2019)

Doc James

* "prohibited from making any edits relating to pharmaceutical drug prices or pricing in the article namespace." (June 2020)