What would Guy Macon actually have to do to get Globally Banned by the WMF?

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

What would Guy Macon actually have to do to get Globally Banned by the WMF?

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:24 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1072524676
I got an actual communication from the WMF! And they say that the age of miracles is past. Keep in mind that this is in direct response to me reporting that the WMF is violating the law and could be sued for millions of dollars.

(Redacted) (Someone objected to me publishing the email and redacted it. The content was basicly "Stay off of phabricator for two weeks, and when you come back stop telling the W?F that the only acceptable solution to the W?F breaking the law is having the W?F stop breaking the law. If you keep saying that you will be blocked.")

So there you have it. Tell the whistleblower to STFU. Problem solved! :( --Guy Macon Alternate Account (talk) 13:30, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
I find it interesting that TheDJ objects to my attempts to get the W?F to follow the law, but apparently has no objection to the W?F doing illegal things. Purposely discriminating against the handicapped isn't just illegal. It is also evil. Looking the other way while others do evil is also evil.The sad part is that multiple W?F employees and consultants (none of them in management or in a position of authority to assign someone the job of fixing the problem) have expressed to me privately that they are frustrated and ashamed with how the W?F is discriminating against blind people, but cannot say so publicly without being fired. --Guy Macon Alternate Account (talk) 20:23, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
Obviously the W?F breaking the law by discriminating against the handicapped isn't the problem. Miscreants like you talking about the W?F breaking the law by discriminating against the handicapped is the real problem. All you have to do is shut your pie hole and the problem is solved. --Guy Macon Alternate Account (talk) 17:04, 8 February 2022 (UTC)
As you will see from the above quoted posts, Guy Macon is...

1. Repeatedly and deliberately accusing the WMF of knowingly and deliberately breaking the law (possibly multiple laws)

2. Repeatedly and deliberately claiming the WMF has prevented volunteers from raising the criminality alleged in 1 via WMF channels, up to and including threatening removal of access.

3. Claiming that he has seen private communications from WMF employees which allege that WMF management have told employees and consultants that they will be fired if they publicly admit the law breaking alleged in 1.

To my mind, these posts alone, all made on Wikimedia servers, are sufficiently serious violations of the global BLP, harassment and legal threats policies, to earn someone a Global Ban. And they certainly seem to match, if not suggest a dangerous escalation, in his prior problematic behaviour, such as the recent block for transphobic trolling of a fellow editor.

So why isn't he Globally Banned?

Given the context, it would be foolish at best, negligent at worst, to leave enforcement of these global policies to the local community, or to wait for someone to actually file a complaint before acting. And also quite obviously, given where these posts are being made, the WMF can't seriously claim they are unaware of them.

So why is Guy Macon, at time of writing, still a Wikipedia editor?

Is this what sixteen years service buys you, in the English Wikipedia community? Effective immunity from their most serious movement wide policies? It obviously isn't because Guy Macon has any actual advanced rights or positions in the Wikipedia community, because he has none. His stock is merely his long service, itself now tarnished by that block.

I can't really buy that the WMF wouldn't Globally Ban Guy Macon out of fear of the repercussions. He is no Fram, and even in that revolt, Fram was more of a symbol, with most in the community seemingly acknowledging that the actual loss of Fram, for cause, would be no great loss to Wikipedia.

Perhaps the issue is that the WMF are currently in a period of instability, with lots of high level turnover and reorganisations, such that the normal everyday work of identifying and removing serious violators, has somehow fallen by the wayside.

It all sounds like an issue an intrepid reporter should be getting their teeth into, asking probing questions, perhaps with the expert assistance of a band of knowledgeable Wikipedia critics who have sworn to expose the darker corners of this movement.

Obviously that's not Stephen Harrison of Slate (who has previously used Guy Macon as a source) working with Wikipediocracy (who would be more likely to welcome a buy boy anti-WMF scumbag like Guy Macon as a potential Blog Team member rather than scrutinise his own adherence to the established cultural norms of Wikipedia). :lol:

HTD.

:flamingbanana:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: What would Guy Macon actually have to do to get Globally Banned by the WMF?

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:48 pm

Just a side note: someone care to explain this pile of feces?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... are_biased.

At one point it was 38k bytes long. This doesn't ususally happen to personal essays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1054649614