Was Geo Swan set up by Drmies?

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Was Geo Swan set up by Drmies?

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:49 am

Geo Swan wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:12 am
I am going to assume your comment is not based on an actual examination of my work, and you called me a "bad actor" without making the effort to reach an informed conclusion as to whether I was or wasn't a "bad actor".
Just an aside, Geo: we have had so many problems with Crows Nest / "Jake Is A Sellout" that he's been placed on very severe moderation. I have seen too many like him: angry Wikipedia addicts who think they know everything and should run the place, but just get tossed repeatedly. I doubt you will get any kind of a coherent reply from him. (And don't trust anything the Genderdesk blogger says about Crow. I suspect it's some kind of gaslighting maneuver, that WP insiders routinely pull to deal with their actual critics, but which they are often very bad at using successfully.)

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:30 pm

Geo

I feel for you because you "enjoyed" seventeen years editing wikipedia with the net effect being that you were "fired" from your hobby. You lost seventeen years of your life being invested, and way overinvested, in a detrimental activity with no merit or value.

Editing Wikipedia has no upside for most people. The only people that have upside in Wikipedia are the few individuals that get highly paid positions at WMF, or the perks that come with being on the WMF board. Those folks are the true Wikipedia "professional-profiteers" who have something to show for their time.

Even the folks that are highlighted in journals and publications get "eaten" eventually.

Nobody cares about a fired employee, a retired employee, or a former employee that found another job. By banning you Wikipedia is basically saying that it moved on. It really is worse to be fired from a hobby than from a job.

Who in their right mind would want to have a hobby that relies on the judgement of annonomous folks many of whom have major "life" problems?

The best thing you can do for yourself would be to take personal responsibility for spending seventeen years squandered on a wasteful activity and move on.

This blog will help you adjust to the fact and reality that Wikipedia is downright evil, a negative experience, a time waster.

Wikipedia and WMF can be incredibly vindictive; because they are irresponsible evil-incompetents. It is easier to ban folks than to correct their internal problems.

You said in your talk page that you wanted to work with the platform towards your reinstatement. Why? Why would anyone want to do that. Your banning represents a great opportunity to find a hobby (or meaning in your life) that will be positive and accretive to you as a person. A door closes in life, a better door opens.

Are you capable of moving on?

I say that because many of the people sucked into Wikipedia as editors or administrators have some serious mental issues such as autism, addiction, OCD, a DSM diagnosis, or other problems. Wikipedia provides a honeypot for people looking for self validation where there is none; the "moths" provide free labor and they are disposable in the flame of Wikipedia..

Enjoy life, move on to something better, you were fired, it was the best outcome for you. Seventeen wasted years, being dropped and discared on a dime at a whim was a hard learning experience. Learn from it, move on.
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:18 am

Geo Swan wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:12 am
With regard to your assertion, that I have been a "bad actor"... I believe some embittered wiki insiders have been bad-mouthing me, off-wiki, for the last half-decade or more. You may have read some of this off-wiki bad-mouthing, and accepted it, without critical examination. If that is the source of your accusation, it would be helpful to me, if you helped me trace this.

I am going to assume your comment is not based on an actual examination of my work, and you called me a "bad actor" without making the effort to reach an informed conclusion as to whether I was or wasn't a "bad actor".
:lol:

A post long on assumptions, replete with ego, and yet displaying absolutely no care or even clue about who I am.

I am the man who knows Drmies' dirty secrets, and hence who can accurately predict and profile his actions towards bad actors like yourself. Pro tip, he steers clear of all off wiki sites and does all his shit talkkng on wiki or via private channels (for good reason).

I am the man who makes sure he knows what he is talking about before he talks about it.

This is what makes me the Legendary Crow.

That you dont know or don't accept this basic fact, is what makes you a bad actor.

HTD.

:ugeek:

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:18 am

wexter wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:30 pm
Geo

I feel for you because you "enjoyed" seventeen years editing wikipedia with the net effect being that you were "fired" from your hobby. You lost seventeen years of your life being invested, and way overinvested, in a detrimental activity with no merit or value.

Editing Wikipedia has no upside for most people. The only people that have upside in Wikipedia are the few individuals that get highly paid positions at WMF, or the perks that come with being on the WMF board. Those folks are the true Wikipedia "professional-profiteers" who have something to show for their time.

Even the folks that are highlighted in journals and publications get "eaten" eventually.

Nobody cares about a fired employee, a retired employee, or a former employee that found another job. By banning you Wikipedia is basically saying that it moved on. It really is worse to be fired from a hobby than from a job.

Who in their right mind would want to have a hobby that relies on the judgement of annonomous folks many of whom have major "life" problems?

The best thing you can do for yourself would be to take personal responsibility for spending seventeen years squandered on a wasteful activity and move on.

This blog will help you adjust to the fact and reality that Wikipedia is downright evil, a negative experience, a time waster.

Wikipedia and WMF can be incredibly vindictive; because they are irresponsible evil-incompetents. It is easier to ban folks than to correct their internal problems.

You said in your talk page that you wanted to work with the platform towards your reinstatement. Why? Why would anyone want to do that. Your banning represents a great opportunity to find a hobby (or meaning in your life) that will be positive and accretive to you as a person. A door closes in life, a better door opens.

Are you capable of moving on?

I say that because many of the people sucked into Wikipedia as editors or administrators have some serious mental issues such as autism, addiction, OCD, a DSM diagnosis, or other problems. Wikipedia provides a honeypot for people looking for self validation where there is none; the "moths" provide free labor and they are disposable in the flame of Wikipedia..

Enjoy life, move on to something better, you were fired, it was the best outcome for you. Seventeen wasted years, being dropped and discared on a dime at a whim was a hard learning experience. Learn from it, move on.
This very long essay explained how Wikipedia is treated on an altar equivalent to history and the first stop of information itself and subjected to back-ups through spacecraft missions. It's no wonder that there's a strong allure that people want to keep coming back to edit at any cost for sake of free knowledge even if they themselves have been banned for bullshit reasons. Unless Elon Musk funds a viable alternative.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:21 am

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:18 am
This very long essay explained how Wikipedia is treated on an altar equivalent to history and the first stop of information itself and subjected to back-ups through spacecraft missions.
a) that's a damn long rant
b) I'd like to know who the original author is: if you don't wanna be publicly identified, PM me on this forum
c) and AS USUAL, idiot longtime insiders like Swatjester and Gerard Meijssen show up to piss on the author.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:41 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:21 am
Ognistysztorm wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:18 am
This very long essay explained how Wikipedia is treated on an altar equivalent to history and the first stop of information itself and subjected to back-ups through spacecraft missions.
a) that's a damn long rant
b) I'd like to know who the original author is: if you don't wanna be publicly identified, PM me on this forum
c) and AS USUAL, idiot longtime insiders like Swatjester and Gerard Meijssen show up to piss on the author.
The author is identifiable through the original thread at Reddit. Still he/she had put it under a public domain.

Gerard doesn't seem to piss on the author though; instead it's Vito/Vittuzu.