Cabayi, an admin that is obsessed with sockpuppetry and hounds other users

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ylevental
Sucks

Cabayi, an admin that is obsessed with sockpuppetry and hounds other users

Post by ylevental » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:22 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cabayi

Most of his edits don't involve actual articles, but technical edits and SPIs. Recently, he hounded an experienced user off Wikipedia, because that person made some IP edits. They disclosed that they edited while logged out, but it did not matter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Wizzito

From Wizzito's page "Chiming in just to say, WTF, Cabayi? Schierbecker"

Interestingly enough, his userpage says "Admins - Feel free to revert any of my admin actions without consulting me (we're all trying to enforce the same policies), though I'd appreciate a heads-up (I want to know where our opinions differ and learn from it)." He seems to be more supportive of his own actions compared to the users that he goes after. ;) ;)

There is a long story with this admin and myself. Personally, he should have also edited the article that I was disputing, instead of berating me over working with others that I found off-wiki (it can be very hard to contact other Wikipedians for help, as many are way too busy). Read this if you can even follow it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... _June_2020 And he uses some small logged-out edits from years ago to justify his views. Best solution is to rarely edit Wikipedia it seems.

Also, we might end up here lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cabayi/I_am. He probably searches for himself a lot, so we will see.

Bonus fun: Read this and this. How half the admins didn't even know that I was back for months and properly unblocked is beyond me.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Cabayi, an admin that is obsessed with sockpuppetry and hounds other users

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:15 am

No idea of his real identity, but he's been messing around there since 2008, lives in the UK (probably Watford), and is probably Indian or Pakistani in background. As expected.....his RFA from 2020 shows a classic patroller who had made enemies. Wrote very little content, has written almost NO content since 2019. Sucks up to SPI admins, loves to block India-related accounts for "spamming" even if they posted nothing on Wikipedia. Another "fine Wikipedian" and asslick. Meh.

ylevental
Sucks

Post by ylevental » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:49 pm

Most people strongly supported his adminship. However one person said "First, Cabayi highlights one of their best efforts as Benskins Brewery, which was started by them without inline citations, and remains uncited today (particularly the first portions added by Cabayi), more than ten years later." He clearly is not interested in content creation.

I have noticed that some users are heavily involved in creating high quality articles, then become admins, then decided to only work in sockpuppetry, reverting vandalism, and so on. Basically, they just want the admin powers.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:51 pm

ylevental wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:49 pm
Most people strongly supported his adminship. However one person said "First, Cabayi highlights one of their best efforts as Benskins Brewery, which was started by them without inline citations, and remains uncited today (particularly the first portions added by Cabayi), more than ten years later." He clearly is not interested in content creation.

I have noticed that some users are heavily involved in creating high quality articles, then become admins, then decided to only work in sockpuppetry, reverting vandalism, and so on. Basically, they just want the admin powers.
the brewery article is crap. it doesnt explain what "tied houses" are, nor "peppercorn rent". these shouldve been linked within the article or rephrased for global consumption.

oh dear
wikipedia wrote:11:51, 10 March 2022 Cabayi talk contribs changed group membership for Cabayi from autopatrolled, checkuser, oversight and administrator to autopatrolled, checkuser, oversight, administrator and edit filter manager (another clerk, I'll leave the perm in place) (thank)

it always helps to poke around the user rights log to see whether a particular user can be crossed. i would avoid that one like Chernobyl.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:33 am

badmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:51 pm
it always helps to poke around the user rights log to see whether a particular user can be crossed. i would avoid that one like Chernobyl.
Yep, that's a hardcore wiki-nut. Plus in December he barely squeaked his insane way into a two-year Arbcom term.

The bastards now have FOURTEEN serving arbitrators. Now what was all that complaining over the past ten-plus years, about Arbcom being "useless" and "corrupt" and so forth? If they are so damn useless why does WP have so many?

Beeblebrox, one of the meanest people they've ever given the mop, continues to "arbitrate".

Along with Maxim, who I continue to suspect is an administrator sockpuppet controlled by David Gerard. No one EVER mentions THAT anywhere on Wikipedia. One of the very few places off WP that I've ever seen discussion of Maxim's bullshit: this obscure Reddit post.

Hey Wexter! I have a "gift" for you. Someone added a bunch of embarrassing information to Gerard's Dramatica article about his fondness for pedophiles--specifically the notorious "Sarah Butts". Just the mere fact that Gerard is running RW like that should disqualify him from ANY kind of "power position" on Wikipedia, or anything else of importance.