Celestina007

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
badmachine
Sucker

Celestina007

Post by badmachine » Sat May 14, 2022 10:44 pm

quite a dramafest at ANI recently after a female editor from the "global south" claimed special powers (extrasensory and technical permissions).

but setting aside the WMF blather about the global south and encouraging editing from there, this particular woman is about 26 years old, literally a child in Africa at the time Jimbo Wales, "Founder of Wikipedia", proclaimed (in a very sexist way, i would add):
I can’t speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. I’m doing this for the child in Africa who is going to use free textbooks and reference works produced by our community and find a solution to the crushing poverty that surrounds him. But for this child, a website on the Internet is not enough; we need to find ways to get our work to people in a form they can actually use.
what a difference 16 years makes. Jimbo Wales and the Wikimedia Foundation and Wikipedia all went from foolishly believing textbooks and reference works could be produced from their efforts "for the child in Africa", to now discussing her ban from Wikipedia for sorcery and voodoo threats.

this could be big but i doubt it. :^)

(edited)

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Celestina007

Post by ericbarbour » Sat May 14, 2022 11:45 pm

adding a link so it can be found after archiving:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... cret_tools

And that is how you manipulate Wikitwats. Play the gender card; equivocate when admins start snarling at you; evade confrontation; occasionally make Wiki-Luv blather; even if English is your first language, write as if you're a schoolkid learning it. I suspect Celestina is from Nigeria, if that matters at all. Stopped editing on May 8; realized there was a wiki-beating on the way and backed off.

The attack was started by an IP address and that consummate lifetime-award fucknozzle Andythegrump cheerfully fed the fire. Assorted shitweeds popped out of the sewer to scream for indef blocks and/or a "global lock" (whatever the fuck that is), a common routine on admin noticeboards since 2004. Burn the witch etc. etc. What fools these basement dwellers be. AN/I is still nothing but a hazing circle-jerk.

Final result: fuck-all. Celestina was never blocked and I don't see any major permissions removed.

Ha ha ha ha. Indef-lock my anus, ya whiny little freaks. :jerkoff:

(Finally, remember that I doxed that Boing said Zebedee idiot last year. Gee, I thought he had retired. Can't stop shitting on people's heads, can he?)

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sat May 14, 2022 11:57 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:45 pm
And that is how you manipulate Wikitwats. Play the gender card
It's always something isn't it.
Yngvadottir wrote: First of all, I need to apologize to Celestina007 for misgendering them. I hadn't seen that they have an agender template on their talk page. I shouldn't have inferred their gender from their user name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1087588408

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun May 15, 2022 1:12 am

Whoops, need to point out that this shitshow might have begun with a Wikipediocracy thread, started a WEEK before the AN/I brawl:

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=12581

Andythegrump is watching WPO for something to use against other Wikipedians. And he's using what he finds. People have been indeffed for less. He is now confirmed as a Wiki-Untouchable.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun May 15, 2022 1:58 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:12 am
Whoops, need to point out that this shitshow might have begun with a Wikipediocracy thread, started a WEEK before the AN/I brawl:

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=12581
Good for them.

Celestina007 has no power on Wikipedia so no risk of upsetting anyone important. Beeblebrox yacks away over there and now judges the ArbCom case. Don't say anything mean about the administrators and arbitrators or they might not help us anymore.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun May 15, 2022 9:15 pm

JoeRoe asks Beeblebrox to recuse from Arbitrartion case.
JoeRoe wrote: Beeblebrox: Your interactions with Celestina were part of what precipitated the first ANI, you've participated extensively in the WPO thread that has clearly been fanning the flames of the second, and three days ago you removed most of her permissions. I'm really surprised that you chose to offer the first vote on this request instead of recusing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1087480669

Beeblebrox 'splains away.
Beeblebrox wrote: Joe, I'm always willing to consider the possibility that I should recuse, but I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning here. pecifically that my actions are the cause of the previous ANI, and that I have participated "extensively" in the WPO thread. I gave her some advice, now at [[User talk:Celestina007/Archives/2021/June#painful lessons I've learned the hard way]]. I don't think that advice directly caused the ANI thread, although it is mentioned there. As to my participation on the WPO thread, there is only one comment from me in that thread that directly discusses Celestina, and it is simply a clarification of why I revoked those user rights, which I consider a purely administrative action based on a fairly clear consensus at the current ANI thread that she is not a "highly trusted user" who should have all those various hats. All of my other comments are either about something else or are jokes not about this case at all. Commenting on a thread there does not constitute an endorsement of every other comment in the same thread, or actions that other participants there may have undertaken here. That being said, the mere appearance of impropriety is something to consider in such cases and if this moves forward and it seems others agree with your position I'll reconsider.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1087485011

Beeblebrox finally "recuses".
Beeblebrox wrote: Recuse I realize this complicates matters but I think we can take it as read that the "per Beeblebrox" comments below are in reference to my initially expressed concerns regarding the ANI thread.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1088021984

Then Beeblobrox closes the noticeboard discussion: himself and topic bans Celestina007.
Beeblebrox wrote: There's a ''lot'' going on here, and I have been waiting for some totally uninvolved person to come along and close this, but it simply has not happened. My own previous involvement here was administrative in nature (revocation of user rights based not on my own opinion but on the consensus in this discussion), I am not involved in the underlying dispute, and have recused from the pending request for an ArbCom case because I think this just really needs to be closed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1088023222

Beeblebrox comments on a so-called "criticism" site.
Beeblebrox wrote: I expect it will be no more than a few hours before someone accuses me of being stage-managed by you all, even though most of you clearly wanted a full block or a siteban.
Honestly Beebs I thought you were stage-managing them.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun May 15, 2022 11:00 pm

boredbird wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:15 pm
Honestly Beebs I thought you were stage-managing them.
He's trying AND FAILING. What a Wiki-poltroon.