More Suppressed Edits

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Re: More Suppressed Edits

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:32 pm

boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:15 am
Okay. I took a look at the Husnock arbitration case. Lunatics vs. lunatics, complete with bogus "death threats". All over StarTrek! And another claim of "little buddy" type account sharing.
Oh dear, yes, I've just taken another look at that - what a trainwreck.

I'd challenge anyone to have a read of the testimony from the so-called "Dan Rappaport" and ask themselves if that's the way they think an actual Lieutenant Colonel in the US military would talk on a public forum.

And as for...
P.S.: Husnock gave me his account password so I could post this letter since half the ip addresses in Dubai are blocked by this site. You guys should really do something about that. No one can log on or create a new account. -Dan
That's about as blatant an "Oops I posted that logged in" as I've ever seen.

Alan

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:56 pm

Boing! said Zebedee wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:32 pm
boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:15 am
Okay. I took a look at the Husnock arbitration case. Lunatics vs. lunatics, complete with bogus "death threats". All over StarTrek! And another claim of "little buddy" type account sharing.
Oh dear, yes, I've just taken another look at that - what a trainwreck.
Yeah it's a mess. Morwen is equally nuts. The "death threats" stuff reminds me of Fæ. We have an example of this earlier in this thread too. We are all living in constant fear and yet here we are bravely squabbling over Starfleet command structure anyway.

I think we've seen enough to establish that, despite Jennsaurus' claims, "Mr. National Archives X" was Husnock and OberRanks the whole time. Now that it's cleared up, picking on "banned users" isn't the mission of this site…wondering if we shouldn't deep six this whole thread…

On the other hand…it says a lot about Wikipedia that this was allowed to go on for so long. And Husnock was an administrator, RfA supported by insiders, even blocked a few people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ip/Husnock
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:L ... eventslist

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:23 am

Jennsaurus wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:03 am
I've only been working on this story for about seven months.
So what's up with this VindTax45 on that other site saying the exact same things in early 2021?

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:32 am

boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:56 pm
On the other hand…it says a lot about Wikipedia that this was allowed to go on for so long. And Husnock was an administrator, RfA supported by insiders, even blocked a few people.
Yes, for me that's the most important takeaway from all of this - I was quite shocked by the sheer incompetence shown by some of his enablers.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:32 am

Boing! said Zebedee wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:44 am
ericbarbour wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:56 am
"Oversight leaves NO trace...
I think that was true in the very early days, when the material had to be removed from the database. But for some time now after a software update (the 2009 Rev-deletion upgrade, I think, or possibly a bit later), Oversighted material has been viewable by those with Oversight permissions and can be reversed. It's just one step more hidden than rev-deletion.
Yep
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:56 am

boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:40 am

Here is the same Anthony O Hughes asking on Quora "Who is Wikipedia administrator Boing! Said Zebedee?" while singling out Future Perfect at Sunrise (Lukas Pietsch) as a terrible administrator.

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-Wikipedia- ... id-Zebedee
Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. That question was posted by a man in Thailand named Trang "Bryan" See (not Hughes) and was connected to a rather despicable incident involving Alan Oscroft. I'd previously sent the details to this site's administrators.

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-Wikipedia- ... ebedee/log

Richard Morris by the way, another very prolific administrator with connections to the whole Boing-Pietsch-Hughes-Oberranks affair, blocked See on Quora immediately afterwards, possibly to stop conversations from happening about what the question related to.

https://www.quora.com/profile/Bryan-See-8

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:47 pm

boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:56 pm
…wondering if we shouldn't deep six this whole thread…
Leave it. People shouid see more public examples of the Alan Oscroft "School of Management".

(Keep wanting to call him "Anal Oscroft" heh.)
That question was posted by a man in Thailand named Trang "Bryan" See (not Hughes) and was connected to a rather despicable incident involving Alan Oscroft. I'd previously sent the details to this site's administrators.
Bryan See is a name I haven't run across in a while. He was a "bigshot" on Quora for a long time, as I recall.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:40 am

Jennsaurus wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:56 am
boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:40 am

Here is the same Anthony O Hughes asking on Quora "Who is Wikipedia administrator Boing! Said Zebedee?" while singling out Future Perfect at Sunrise (Lukas Pietsch) as a terrible administrator.

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-Wikipedia- ... id-Zebedee
Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. That question was posted by a man in Thailand named Trang "Bryan" See (not Hughes) and was connected to a rather despicable incident involving Alan Oscroft. I'd previously sent the details to this site's administrators.

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-Wikipedia- ... ebedee/log

Richard Morris by the way, another very prolific administrator with connections to the whole Boing-Pietsch-Hughes-Oberranks affair, blocked See on Quora immediately afterwards, possibly to stop conversations from happening about what the question related to.

https://www.quora.com/profile/Bryan-See-8
All the stories that you found regarding the down sides of Wikipedia, including this one should be corralled into one giant feature story that will leave the world a lasting reminder that Wikipedia is totally corrupt. Past that point Eric will finally have a chance to publish the book as wanted.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:09 am

All the stories that you found regarding the down sides of Wikipedia, including this one should be corralled into one giant feature story that will leave the world a lasting reminder that Wikipedia is totally corrupt. Past that point Eric will finally have a chance to publish the book as wanted.
For the folks at home, the story I was working on was going to be published by the Daily Beast in Spring 2024. Everything was in place then we had to go to both Wikipedia and the National Archives for comment, as required by law. Archvies wouldn't speak to us and Wikipedia threatened to sue, I suspect because of what we had found out about their administrators. The piece had mainly been about administrator abuse, using tools on Wikipedia to trace ip addresses, dox people's identities then harass them in real life. The Oberranks clusterf**k was a big part of the story, but not the entire story. The real beef of the article was about female editors on their site being stalked and even assaulted after having their identities revealed online by administrators. I found several cases of that including a woman who was stabbed outside her home in Mexico City by a stalker who had researched who she was off of her Wikipeida profile.

Daily Beast backed out because of the lawsuit threat, but I still have the whole story and might one day sell the rights. For now, its back to Eastern Europe covering real news.
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:20 am

boredbird wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:23 am
Jennsaurus wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:03 am
I've only been working on this story for about seven months.
So what's up with this VindTax45 on that other site saying the exact same things in early 2021?
I never went on that website to see what that was about. The forum where all that happened seemed to be full of petty children engaged in a continuous dick measuring contest and I only learned a bit about the situation from talking with people on Quora. The Vindtax guy was probably a National Archives system administrator named Val Strode who is big on Quora and also was the one who cleaned up the mess caused when Pietsch ranged blocked all the National Archives ip addresses on the east coast, thinking that they were all used by the Oberranks account. The conspiracy theories about that would put QAnon to shame; at one point someone apparently said that Hughes, the target of Pietsch and Oscroft as the supposed Oberranks operator, had broken into closed National Archvies offices at 10PM at night to fake emails from California. I have actually interviewed Hughes about this and, amazingly, he wasn't even working at the Archvies anymore in 2021 but had moved on almost a year beforehand. That of course too was also explained by the Wikipedia conspiracy nuts, in that Hughes was part of some secret group of historians who were hacking into the archives and pretending to be employees and that's why ip edits from the National Archives were still being made by him as late as 2022.