More Suppressed Edits

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Jennsaurus
Sucks

More Suppressed Edits

Post by Jennsaurus » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi everyone. Does anyone know what this was about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1130286277

The suppression was on the edits of the interesting character "Boing! said Zebedee" aka Alan Oscroft, apparently now back from retirement after blanking his user page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1057636817

Boing-Alan has been mixed up before in outing and doxing users and I am wondering if something similar is going on here.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: More Suppressed Edits

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:35 pm

Rev-deletion is routinely used on articles and noticeboards, but it's very rare to see it on a user talkpage. Thomasdiy might have mentioned Boing's real name, made a childish threat, or said something equally annoying to the great Alan Oscroft of Liverpool.

Lol.

PS, it's easy to figure out who Thomasdiy is from the revision just before this. In which Ravenswing "doxxes" Thomasdiy as failed Republican candidate for a Senate seat, Thomas Perkins. Not that it wasn't obvious already from his attempt to create an "autobiography". And there you are, a "good Wikipedian" doxxing someone because "WE DON'T LIKE YOU GO AWAY". He had already been blocked by Bbb23 for "legal threats". Nicely done, idiots. Children.
And to expand on what Boing! said Zebedee said, our notability guideline for politicians sets the bar a good bit higher than you've reached. Winning a state Senate seat would do it; you failed to get as much as 10% of the vote in the primary, which falls far below the threshold. Mike Steadham, who finished second place in the primary (and had nearly five times as many votes as you did), would not qualify under WP:POLITICIAN. Vince Deeds, who won the primary, would not have qualified under WP:POLITICIAN if he hadn't gone on to win the general.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:14 pm

Jennsaurus wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:28 pm
Hi Anthony-OberRanks, nice to hear from you again. Sorry for the slow answer, but I don't check in here very often. Thomasdiy made a criminal accusation against a person in real life, and I asked for it to be suppressed.

Hope the university studies are going well.

Best regards,
Alan-Boing!
Last edited by Boing! said Zebedee on Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:07 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:35 pm
PS, it's easy to figure out who Thomasdiy is from the revision just before this. In which Ravenswing "doxxes" Thomasdiy as failed Republican candidate for a Senate seat, Thomas Perkins. Not that it wasn't obvious already from his attempt to create an "autobiography". And there you are, a "good Wikipedian" doxxing someone because "WE DON'T LIKE YOU GO AWAY". He had already been blocked by Bbb23 for "legal threats". Nicely done, idiots. Children.
He effectively self-identified at...
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1129978353
You have articles with information regarding me. But still yet you're refused to post a page about me.
Seeing as the Thomas Perkins article is the only one he wrote and which was rejected as a Draft, he couldn't really have been talking about any other.

Best regards,
The Great Douche

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:21 pm

Boing! said Zebedee wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:14 pm
Hi Anthony-OberRanks, nice to hear from you again. Sorry for the slow answer, but I don't check in here very often. Thomasdiy made a criminal accusation against a person in real life, and I asked for it to be suppressed.

Thanks for dropping by. And thanks for publicly demonstrating your pettiness. Enjoy your (forced?) retirement, and don't forget to suck up to James Forrester with more slavish debasement. Maybe he'll get you a (low-paying) job at Wikimedia UK.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:39 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:21 pm

Thanks for dropping by. And thanks for publicly demonstrating your pettiness. Enjoy your (forced?) retirement, and don't forget to suck up to James Forrester with more slavish debasement. Maybe he'll get you a (low-paying) job at Wikimedia UK.
Thanks, and best wishes to you too. And Forrester? Don't think I've ever communcated with him (and don't know why I'd want to)... but please feel free to remind me if I've forgotten. I think the chances of me getting a job at Wikimedia, even cleaning the floors, are pretty remote.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:58 am

Jennsaurus wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:28 pm

Best regards,
Alan-Boing!
I will not address the Boing-Cretin directly, but if he gets his rocks off thinking I'm someone else, then he can go right ahead. I must of course be a man from five years ago who hasn't been seen on Wikipedia since then because HEAVEN FORBID a WOMAN would dare speak to Alan Oscroft this way. The more I investigate this feud of his, the more I want to just binge watch my favorite horror series on Netflik.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:07 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Rev-deletion is routinely used on articles and noticeboards, but it's very rare to see it on a user talkpage. Thomasdiy might have mentioned Boing's real name, made a childish threat, or said something equally annoying to the great Alan Oscroft of Liverpool.
The fact that Boing-Alan even has that ability is kind of interesting. He has obviously doxed users in the past, openly admitting on this and other forums that he has tried to find the Ober-Ranks user identity by cross referencing Facebook and now apparently Linked-In with information on Wikipedia. His obsession about that account, which as far as I can tell hasn't been active in five years, is really something to beholden.

This is what Wikipedia has to say on the subject

"Oversighters must have signed the Wikimedia Foundation's confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information before being appointed. The use of the Oversight tool on the English Wikipedia is monitored and controlled by the Arbitration Committee, and Oversighters may have their permissions revoked by the Arbitration Committee for misuse or abuse of the Oversight permission."

If the Boing-Cretin did in fact sign such an agreement, then he's clearly broken it. It couldn't be more obvious that he's abused his position on Wikipedia to access personal information of other users. More on that in a later post.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:56 am

Jennsaurus wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:07 am
"Oversighters must have signed the Wikimedia Foundation's confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information before being appointed. The use of the Oversight tool on the English Wikipedia is monitored and controlled by the Arbitration Committee, and Oversighters may have their permissions revoked by the Arbitration Committee for misuse or abuse of the Oversight permission."
They make all these claims. But what little I have seen of oversight's history (along with checkuser functions, because the two are often sought by power-chasers and tend to complement each other if you're out to destroy people), tends to confirm why they don't like to discuss the past abuses of oversight and why they have to "clamp down" on confidentiality. Because oversight/CU power on Wikipedia have both been abused REPEATEDLY AND EXTRAVAGANTLY since they were invented, circa early 2005. We will never know how many abuses occurred either, because they're being extremely secretive about it. The "official" oversight page has itself been heavily censored using oversight. Same for the checkuser page. (Who was the primary original author of the checkuser page in April 2008? FT2--one of the worst administrators in their history. He started fucking with it after almost everything before that "mysteriously disappeared".) The REAL history of both oversight and CU are long gone, and unless a disgruntled deep-insider writes a tell-all book, we will never know the real history.

Why do you think we make jokes about Dime-Store Nosferatu David Gerard? Because he was one of the first checkuser/oversighters, because Jimbo handed him these powers as soon as they became available. And OF COURSE Jimbo wanted and was given all advanced powers right off the bat, so he knew damn well how useful they were for pursuing "people we don't like". Very few early administrators sucked Jimbo's ass as hard as Gerard. And Gerard abused the HELL out of those special powers. For at least 4 years that I can see. Ask Ed Buckner if you don't believe me.

Rev-deletion was invented in 2009 partly because of the massive ongoing abuse of oversight. Rev-deletion leaves a marker in the page history and can be undone, and can indicate when and why abuses were performed. Oversight leaves NO trace and has been repeatedly been used to suppress "embarrassing information" and silence critics.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:14 am

Jennsaurus wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:07 am
ericbarbour wrote:
The fact that Boing-Alan even has that ability is kind of interesting. He has obviously doxed users in the past, openly admitting on this and other forums that he has tried to find the Ober-Ranks user identity by cross referencing Facebook and now apparently Linked-In with information on Wikipedia. His obsession about that account, which as far as I can tell hasn't been active in five years, is really something to beholden.

This is what Wikipedia has to say on the subject

If the Boing-Cretin did in fact sign such an agreement, then he's clearly broken it. It couldn't be more obvious that he's abused his position on Wikipedia to access personal information of other users. More on that in a later post.
Sigh, I didn't perform the Oversight suppression myself, and I do not have the ability to do so. I simply made a request to the Oversight team, as anyone can. I don't have CheckUser ability either, and I have never had access to any tools that reveal personal information about Wikipedia users.

Speaking of obsession, Anthony, it's not me consistently starting attacks on you on internet forums, it's you attacking me - have you not noticed I've only ever mentioned you in response to your lies and your attacks? It's you who starts these spats every time. You started this one by trying to throw dirt at me. And when I dare to correct your misunderstanding and defend myself, you dig in deeper. And you start blustering, lashing out, and escalating the lies. You are so predicable, anyone can see who you are.

As for finding your identity, I've already explained that you plastered it all over Wikipedia yourself - you openly advertised who you are, listing details of your career and your awards, and I saw it all before you had some of it deleted. I didn't need to cross-reference anything to identify you, because you already did it yourself. And now I'm a doxxer because I read what you wrote, openly, on Wikipedia? By the way, do you know your surname is still visible somewhere on Wikipedia, where *you* put it?

Best regards,
Alan-Boing!
Last edited by Boing! said Zebedee on Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:45 am, edited 9 times in total.