More Suppressed Edits

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: More Suppressed Edits

Post by boredbird » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:46 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:18 am
People like Future Perfect despise him with the light of a thousand suns, and so inevitably, they want to destroy him in real life.
If so, faking references to support inclusion of what maybe looks like Nazi fancruft makes their job a lot easier. Like, don't do that, right?
ericbarbour wrote:
This is a good example of how hypocritical "good Wikipedians" are: "I can do it, but shame on you for doing it to me".
Yes true. They speak of doxing as the work of Satan and yet they do it themselves. However I don't see Boing whining about it and it doesn't look like he's trying to suppress legitimate criticism. He knows what we do and he's here anyway. If it's just that everyone should stop talking about OberRanks and his fully-earned Wikiban I can get behind that. Not much more to say really.
ericbarbour wrote:
I'd like to hear from OberRanks on his side of the story, but he's not here
He'd have to say "Hi i'm OberRanks" and I don't think that's going to happen.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:49 am

boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:46 am
He'd have to say "Hi i'm OberRanks" and I don't think that's going to happen.
It would be lulzy.....

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:19 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:54 am
You don't have "supporters" here, and knifing people in the back on this forum isn't nearly as effective as it is on a WMF site. I've
Thank you Eric for putting sand on this f**kstorm that was happening. We started the thread talking about Thomasdiy and how and why Boing! had redacted this edit. This then turned into I was apparently the operator of the Ober-Ranks account from five years ago, because I dared to ask questions about the circumstances behind his banning, then Boing-Alan then admitted to doxing Linked-in of a National Archives federal employee. Realizing this was a bannable offense within itself (although the Wikipedians will never ban Alan) then this then suddenly became that I am supporting Ober-ranks, must therefore be him, and of course Alan-Boing provides the link to the Ober-ranks banning to advertise "See what he did! He deserves everything he got!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ed_sources

Interesting thing there, one of the users in the vote states that Ober-Ranks should be "terminated with extreme prejudice". For those who don't know, that's code for having someone killed. A death threat by any other name, the Wikipedia management of course didn't really do anything about that and let it stand, not even going so far as to redact the comment. The user who made the threat - EEng - even apparently linked to the definition, as if to confirm what he was saying and is still active on Wikipedia to this day.

So, as I'll be offline for several months working on another story, a couple of things before I leave and sorry in advance for the length of this post. First off, I am not in any way supporting the Ober-ranks account, defending him, or saying his ban was unjustified from that site. It most certainly was justified; in that he was using false source material to a level which Stephen Glass would be proud of. The story I have been investigating is what happened AFTER the ban. Mainly calls to the United States National Archives trying to figure out the Ober-ranks identify, letters written to museums and libraries accusing him of academic dishonesty, and administrators who abused their powers to share protected personal information with each other and finally real-world threats made against the person who they believed was the operator of that account.

The involvement of Alan O. in itself would fill several posts on this forum. He never had any dealings with the Ober-Ranks account when it was active but, riding on the coat tails of Lucas Pietsch (Future perfect at sunrise) appears to have become obsessed and went to extraordinary lengths to dig through apparently deleted and redacted pages on Wikipedia to find out anything he could about the account holder then doxed and stalked sites like Facebook and Linked trying to learn everything he could about this man. To the point also that he was apparently monitoring Linked-in DAILY and knew both that his victim was back in school, which didn't happen until just a few months ago, and knew immediately when he was blocked from viewing his stalking victim's page. And yes, as I shared privately with a moderator on this site, I contacted Linked-in with screenshots of the threads here and also messaged the person whose account Alan was stalking and told them what was going on. I just received a message this morning that "action was taken on my request" so Linked-in apparently found evidence of misuse of their website by Alan and blocked him in some way from seeing this other man's page.

The end game of Boing-Alan I don't know. After looking into the 2019 phone call incident with the Archives, Alan was probably not involved, although I think maybe blackmail was eventually on his mind (like "I know you are Ober-Ranks so give me XYZ or I will tell the Archives you can't be trusted). What Alan doesn't know, which I do since I have now made contact with sources at the Archives, is the person he is stalking is not only a very senior employee but also holds a high security clearance meaning his Internet activities were monitored and if he was really operating that account from work and abusing his authority, which Alan apparently claimed in 2021, the Archives would know about it. This is because its for certain the man Boing-Alan is stalking wasn't operating that account in the past fifteen years, although he probably was before that. Another thing about this case, which Alan-Boing, Pietsch, and others don't want to accept is that the Ober-Ranks account was definitely operated by more than one person.

So, I really don't give the first flying goat f**k if Alan Oscroft believes I operated that account. I know I didn't and I get paid either way when I finish writing this story. I did have my own account on Wikipedia until 2012 which I abandoned after a girl I knew tried to commit suicide because of nonsense on that website. I have been anti-Wikipedia ever since. I work now as a freelance investigative reporter and this story is about the way which Wikipedia harasses and hounds people who have been banned from their site. The Ober-Ranks case is just one of a dozen I'm seen, the worst being a woman in Mexico who was attacked outside her apartment apparently because of something she wrote on Wikipedia and she too was a banned user. I'm also not in any way scared of Alan, as I've dealt with far worse including a Neo-Nazi from Sweden who stalked me for four years and said he was going to rape and kill me and my daughters.

And yes, I've read all the posts now on Wikipedia about the blocks, bans, and the incident in 2021 with Lucas Pietsch blocking all the National Archives research room computers from accessing Wikipedia. I don't have a lot of nice things to say about Pietsch, for a lot of reasons, but in that case, he apparently realized he had f**ked up bad as both the Wikipedia Foundation and the National Archives General Counsel apparently got involved in that one. He really backed off the Ober-ranks business after that, with one exception where he kind of made himself look like an idiot, but that's a different story and so I have to give him respect for walking away from what's a dead issue. It would nice if Boing-Alan would do the same, since sooner or later people are probably going to take an interest in him and ask why a citizen of the United Kingdom has such an obsessive interest in a U.S. federal employee, and also one with a high security clearance. I actually think some people have already taken an interest in that.

There is so much more to this story and hopefully when I finish my article it will be published for all to see. I have spoken so far to several administrators on Wikipedia, a few people at the Archives, but (surprise surprise) the Wikipedia Foundation will not give me a comment on this case. Maybe that will change as the story gets closer to completion.

Here also is the last active page of Ober-ranks from the summer of 2018. Funny, I don't see his "name and awards plastered everywhere" as Boing-Alan claims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =852003459

The account went inactive, apparently (according to my sources) due to the person operating it suffering a severe illness. Two months later is when the ban happened. I have my suspicions, but haven't yet been able to prove, that Future Perfect-Pietsch had some type of inside knowledge that the Ober-Ranks account operator was ill and initiated the ban at that point since he knew there would be no protest or reply.

I'm off now to cover a real story but will be back in a few months. One thing Boing-Alan didn't yet link to is the original Husnock-Arbitration case (Husnock was the predecessor account of Ober-ranks), which is good reading and shows some of the early problems with that account.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... on/Husnock

The period of 2007 is when I knew Zac and Abagail Brady and had an inside view on a lot of things as to how Wikipedia worked. Abagail is another victim of that site; I was once very close friends with her and saw how Wikipedia ripped apart her soul.

Stay Happy!
-Jenn :)

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:42 am

Lol wut? So many holes here I don't know which one to hump. Let's just say you're not OberRanks but have unique insight into his account history and experiences going back some 15 years through the present.
Jennsaurus wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:19 am
Maybe that will change as the story gets closer to completion.
"Closer to completion"? How many years have you been working on this? As a freelancer. Turn it in!
Jennsaurus wrote:
There is so much more to this story and hopefully when I finish my article it will be published for all to see.
Why not provide your name now since it will be in the byline anyway and the famous paper you'd named requires them.
Jennsaurus wrote:
This is because its for certain the man Boing-Alan is stalking wasn't operating that account in the past fifteen years, although he probably was before that. Another thing about this case, which Alan-Boing, Pietsch, and others don't want to accept is that the Ober-Ranks account was definitely operated by more than one person.
Duh of course why didn't I think of that? That explains why the dox which were once correct are wrong now!

Look you can post here but please don't blow smoke up our asses.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:02 am

Jennsaurus, I've actually hit the Thanks button on your last post, because it gave me such a laugh :D

I did suggest I'd reveal a bit more personal OberRanks information every time you lied about me, and your latest post is packed full of obviously transparent lies... but I'll let you off with that one because it was so entertaining.

I look forward to reading the article you're working on -- and checking its sources. Just be sure to remember what brought OberRanks' little fantasy world crashing down, and don't fake them, right?

Ooh, another thought just crossed my mind - somebody with the same real name as OberRanks wrote a book about Nazi Germany and sells it on Amazon. I wonder if that should be checked for any fabrications or faked sources?

Anyway, bye for now Jennsaurus (and bfn OberRanks too, if you happen to be watching).

Alan
Last edited by Boing! said Zebedee on Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:03 am

boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:42 am
Lol wut? So many holes here I don't know which one to hump. Let's just say you're not OberRanks but have unique insight into his account history and experiences going back some 15 years through the present.
Glad you caught that. I'm sorry if that was unclear. I've only been working on this story for about seven months. The Ober-ranks account itself has a history going back about twenty years. I certainly have not been working on the case for that long.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:07 am

Oh, one last thing...
Jennsaurus wrote:

Here also is the last active page of Ober-ranks from the summer of 2018. Funny, I don't see his "name and awards plastered everywhere" as Boing-Alan claims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =852003459
That's because, as I have previously explained, OberRanks asked for a bunch of his user pages to be deleted. I still have copies of some of them.

Best,
Alan

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:15 am

Jennsaurus wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:03 am
boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:42 am
Glad you caught that. I'm sorry if that was unclear. I've only been working on this story for about seven months. The Ober-ranks account itself has a history going back about twenty years. I certainly have not been working on the case for that long.
Okay. I took a look at the Husnock arbitration case. Lunatics vs. lunatics, complete with bogus "death threats". All over StarTrek! And another claim of "little buddy" type account sharing.
Husnock wrote: to clarify, my real e-mail address is buried away in my user page history but I don’t want to say where
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... id=3847080
https://web.archive.org/web/20230107095 ... id=3847080

A google search of the email address husnock31@hotmail.com turns up a bunch of pages with an author calling himself Anthony Hughes. Just to clarify, this is the National Archives dude you are saying that Alan and others are stalking?

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:40 am

Boing! said Zebedee wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:02 am
Ooh, another thought just crossed my mind - somebody with the same real name as OberRanks wrote a book about Nazi Germany and sells it on Amazon.
"Soldiers in Black: The History, Organization, and Personnel of the SS"

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Anthony-Hug ... 0692138862

Ten five star ratings, bravo!
Patrick R. Osborn wrote: of one of history's most notorious organizations.
Photon2000 wrote: of one of human history's most diabolical organizations.
Good we can all agree on that!

On the surface it looks like exactly the kind of contributor Wikipedia would want. Claims to be an expert in this particular topic.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/author/B07L3ZT4CB/about

etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =268544547

It makes me wonder if some of what he'd posted with faked references might have really been his own original research that he couldn't slip in because his book hadn't yet been published. That would be tragic.
OberRanks wrote: If you want your work taken seriously, publish it professionally and do not post it here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ed_sources

Here is the same Anthony O Hughes asking on Quora "Who is Wikipedia administrator Boing! Said Zebedee?" while singling out Future Perfect at Sunrise (Lukas Pietsch) as a terrible administrator.

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-Wikipedia- ... id-Zebedee

Also discusses Star Trek and says designed computer game about Starfleet military.

https://www.quora.com/profile/Anthony-O-Hughes

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:25 pm

boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:40 am
It makes me wonder if some of what he'd posted with faked references might have really been his own original research that he couldn't slip in because his book hadn't yet been published. That would be tragic.
Nice thought, but a lot of it was provably false - and he even passed other people's photographs off as his own. Much of his Wikipedia contribution was pure dishonest falsehood. And whatever sources he used for his book, he could have used them directly for Wikipedia if they were honest. You know, I really might get a copy (Actually, no, not at today's price - it used to be a lot cheaper.)
boredbird wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:40 am

Here is the same Anthony O Hughes asking on Quora "Who is Wikipedia administrator Boing! Said Zebedee?" while singling out Future Perfect at Sunrise (Lukas Pietsch) as a terrible administrator.

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-Wikipedia- ... id-Zebedee
Yes, that's what confirmed OberRanks' identity for me. I used to watch Quora for Wikipedia questions, and a couple of his popped up quite early on. He previously made a number of pretty strong attacks on FPaS there, and on Wikipedia admins in general. He deleted those during a later episode in which he contacted someone by email (from his NARA email address) to complain about the NARA IP address block, and that ended up at ANI.