Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Re: More Suppressed Edits

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:44 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:56 am
"Oversight leaves NO trace...
I think that was true in the very early days, when the material had to be removed from the database. But for some time now after a software update (the 2009 Rev-deletion upgrade, I think, or possibly a bit later), Oversighted material has been viewable by those with Oversight permissions and can be reversed. It's just one step more hidden than rev-deletion.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:42 pm

I really wasn't going to reply to this any further, since I'm still investigating this case, but this was too good to pass up because Alan-Boing appears to have really f**ked up here and accidentally admitted to online doxing.

First we have:
Boing! said Zebedee wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:14 am
. I didn't need to cross-reference anything to identify you, because you already did it yourself. And now I'm a doxxer because I read what you wrote, openly, on Wikipedia?
Next we have:
Hope the university studies are going well.

Best regards,
Alan-Boing!
For those unfamiliar with this case, the Ober-Ranks account went offline in the summer of 2018, about five years ago, and hasn't been active since in any way. The person at the National Archives, whom Alan is focused on as operating that account, according to my sources was accepted to an academic fellowship program this summer. That was never on Wikipedia, and I had to look a bit to find it and only found it after some effort listed on only one webpage about National Archives employees on Linked-In.

So, yeah, Boing-Alan is stalking his Mr. National Archives X on other websites and has probably been doing so for the past five years. No surprise he's trying to back paddle on that, because researching another Wikipedia user's employer and outside activities is (supposed) to be a blockable-bannable offense on Wikipedia under their off-wiki harassment clause.

Side note:
By the way, do you know your surname is still visible somewhere on Wikipedia, where *you* put it?
I couldn't find verification of that that his Mr. X has a surname still visible on Wikipedia. If that's known to administrators, why hasn't it been redacted or suppressed by administrators?
Sorry for the slow answer, but I don't check in here very often.
It's pretty obvious someone on this forum is notifying Boing-Alan when I make a post, possibly by email, since he has commented on no other posts except mine. I still would like to hear from Jake-is-a-Sellout who wrote the original article about all this a few years ago. Does anyone have contact with him?

Lastly, can someone fill me in on the Boing! account's history with being an administrator? Is he still an administrator? Resigned? Fired? Would like to know for my research.

Stay Happy!
Jen :P

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:50 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:56 am
Why do you think we make jokes about Dime-Store Nosferatu David Gerard? Because he was one of the first checkuser/oversighters, because Jimbo handed him these powers as soon as they became available.
There is another administrator who has come up in my investigation of the Ober-Ranks case, a women named "Diannaa" apparently some type of librarian possibly from Canada. Unlike Lucas and Alan, who focused on Ober-Ranks being a National Archives employee, Diannaa appears to have focused on him being a professional researcher. She apparently wrote a few letters to the University of Virginia and the New York Public Library, "warning" them about academic dishonesty on some papers she believed the operator of the Ober-Ranks account had written, which was a different person than the target Alan and Lucas had identified. I am still looking into this.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:33 pm

Jennsaurus wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:42 pm
For those unfamiliar with this case, the Ober-Ranks account went offline in the summer of 2018, about five years ago, and hasn't been active since in any way. The person at the National Archives, whom Alan is focused on as operating that account, according to my sources was accepted to an academic fellowship program this summer. That was never on Wikipedia, and I had to look a bit to find it and only found it after some effort listed on only one webpage about National Archives employees on Linked-In.
It was on your own personal LinkedIn page as recently as yesterday, though you now seem to have deleted it. (And if you're really not you, despite knowing so much about you, that would make it quite a coincidence.)
Jennsaurus wrote:
By the way, do you know your surname is still visible somewhere on Wikipedia, where *you* put it?
I couldn't find verification of that that his Mr. X has a surname still visible on Wikipedia. If that's known to administrators, why hasn't it been redacted or suppressed by administrators?
I've no idea whether it is known to administrators - you'd have to ask them. Maybe none of them has seen it. Or maybe they're not all that bothered in going out of their way to protect a chronic liar who abused Wikipedia for so long, and created so much work for others in removing huge amounts of fabricated content.
Jennsaurus wrote:
It's pretty obvious someone on this forum is notifying Boing-Alan when I make a post, possibly by email, since he has commented on no other posts except mine. I still would like to hear from Jake-is-a-Sellout who wrote the original article about all this a few years ago. Does anyone have contact with him?
Aha, extending your accusations to other people here now, I see. That'll be sure to win you friends.
Jennsaurus wrote:
Lastly, can someone fill me in on the Boing! account's history with being an administrator? Is he still an administrator? Resigned? Fired? Would like to know for my research.
You could always just ask me. I resigned adminship in February 2021, which you can see here...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... d_Zebedee)

The bottom line is that you are chronic liar, your Wikipedia misfortunes are all your own doing, and your constant sniping at me is eventually going to cause you harm.

Aren't you the least bit ashamed about the massive fabrications you added to Wikipedia, making up dozens of fabricated sources, and the copyright photographs you stole and passed off as your own? And the lie after lie after lie you've told to desperately try to prop up your fantasy world?

Isn't that a betrayal of your career as an archivist and historian? Aren't you supposed to be someone with a commitment to preserving historical truth and accurate source documentation?

Anyway, do you want to carry on making false accusations against me? You know perfectly well that I know all about you and could fully dox you at any moment - do you really want to carry on taking that risk? Maybe I'll reveal a new snippet about you every time you attack me or tell lies about me. Or alternatively, if you stop lying and attacking me, you'll probably never hear from me again. In your position, at this point, I would seriously stop and consider my options.

Regards,
Alan-Boing
Last edited by Boing! said Zebedee on Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:40 pm

Jennsaurus wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:50 pm
There is another administrator who has come up in my investigation of the Ober-Ranks case, a women named "Diannaa" apparently some type of librarian possibly from Canada. Unlike Lucas and Alan, who focused on Ober-Ranks being a National Archives employee, Diannaa appears to have focused on him being a professional researcher. She apparently wrote a few letters to the University of Virginia and the New York Public Library, "warning" them about academic dishonesty on some papers she believed the operator of the Ober-Ranks account had written, which was a different person than the target Alan and Lucas had identified. I am still looking into this.
So how would you know that, Anthony? How would you know about these apparently different people you claim have been identified as OberRanks? Apart from the obvious, I mean. Hmm, maybe I'll have a word with Diannaa and ask her who she thinks you are.

This frantic obfuscation and escalating lying is *exactly* the same tactic you have used every time you've been found out in in the past. Nobody here is buying it - the people here are not stupid.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:13 pm

Oh, one more thing I forgot...
Jennsaurus wrote:
For those unfamiliar with this case, the Ober-Ranks account went offline in the summer of 2018, about five years ago, and hasn't been active since in any way.
No, the OberRanks account didn't just "go offline" in 2018. You were He was site banned and indefinitely blocked from Wikipedia - and you have he has carried on attacking those who helped expose you him ever since. The details are here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ed_sources

For those who don't want to read all of that, here are a few responses to the exposure of OberRanks' decade of content and source fabrication...
  • "Terminate with extreme prejudice"
  • "I feel kinda sick, who knows what other damage he has done"
  • "misbehavior of this sort is by far the worst possible thing that can happen to us"
  • "This is really the crime of crimes"
  • "this is beyond the pale"
  • "All the other stuff that regularly pops up on this page ... is small potatoes in comparison"
  • "This long pattern of falsification cannot possibly be tolerated"
  • "The last thing we need on Wikipedia is an editor who makes up sources"
  • "Why would someone who describes himself as a "historian" who "works for the US Federal Government", "is a lieutenant commander in the United States Navy", "has a Bachelor of Arts degree in History", "has a Masters of Public Policy Administration degree", etc, deliberately compromise the integrity of the project in which he has invested "14 years, 4 months and 7 days" of his life?"
  • "There is nothing worse for Wikipedia than fabricated, inaccurate, or falsified sources/citations. In my mind it is worse than all other possible infractions combined"
  • "Falsification of sources is one of the most egregious betrayals of Wikipedia any editor can commit"
That's you him, Anthony, they're talking about. You He should be hanging your his head in shame not simmering with resentment and you should not be hounding and attacking honest people like me who simply helped to expose you him.
Last edited by Boing! said Zebedee on Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:54 am

Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:40 pm
This frantic obfuscation and escalating lying is *exactly* the same tactic you have used every time you've been found out in in the past. Nobody here is buying it - the people here are not stupid.
But evidently YOU are that stupid. If you're gonna act as if OberRanks = Jennsaurus, PROVE IT.

You don't have "supporters" here, and knifing people in the back on this forum isn't nearly as effective as it is on a WMF site. I've personally seen too many shitty little tricks like yours to just "assume" you're right.

Boing! said Zebedee
Sucks

Post by Boing! said Zebedee » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:59 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:54 am
But evidently YOU are that stupid. If you're gonna act as if OberRanks = Jennsaurus, PROVE IT.

You don't have "supporters" here, and knifing people in the back on this forum isn't nearly as effective as it is on a WMF site. I've personally seen too many shitty little tricks like yours to just "assume" you're right.
OK, I don't expect "friends" to believe me here, not with the ethos and aims of this site, of course.

But I guess anyone who's seen anything of OberRanks in the various places he's posted and compares with Jennsaurus's posting here can make up their own minds. Like, I mean, I say something to Jennsaurus about something on OberRanks' LinkedIn page, and immediately OberRanks' LinkedIn page is deleted? (And no, I can't prove it was deleted, at least not without showing you my saved copy, but that would be more outing than I wish to do).

Anyway, if it pleases you, I'll speak as if Jennsaurus is not OberRanks in any further discussions here. And there we go, I've even amended my previous post (the one you complained about in your warning to me) - hope that's OK?

Best regards,
Boing!

PS: You might be interested to check your fellow moderator boredbird's take on the earlier thread here...
https://wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtop ... =19&t=1941

In particular the comment...
I have to call this one for the Wikipedians. We're all ready to assume the worst of them and you're right Wexter that the site is set up for endless PVP action. Within that context though Future Perfect and Boing did the right thing.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:56 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:54 am

Even if Jennsaurus isn't OberRanks it's still weird that anyone bothers to champion his cause. So someone figured out who he is, good for them really.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:18 am

boredbird wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:56 pm
Even if Jennsaurus isn't OberRanks it's still weird that anyone bothers to champion his cause. So someone figured out who he is, good for them really.
The reason why is obvious: OberRanks is a political conservative, a successful US government employee, and good at "wikilawyering". People like Future Perfect despise him with the light of a thousand suns, and so inevitably, they want to destroy him in real life. Regardless of your political leanings, neither OberRanks nor Pietsch are "good examples of humanity". Nobody "wins", but Wikipedia content loses. Otherwise all of this is petty and idiotic beyond belief.

This is a good example of how hypocritical "good Wikipedians" are: "I can do it, but shame on you for doing it to me". They are packed so full of shit that it spews onto the internet constantly. I'd like to hear from OberRanks on his side of the story, but he's not here; Boing and and one of his detractors are. So we get second-hand squabbles.