Insider Paranoia

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Insider Paranoia

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:32 am

One of the regulars of this forum said in a PM that they don't want to give crazy people any ideas about seeking real-world revenge against Wikipedia cult members. So this is how I responded.
Believe me: the WMF and the insider crew is very aware that someone might show up at one of their stupid meetings, pull out a Kalashnikov, and start mowing them down. Every case I've seen of a WP critic being removed or barred from a WP meet-up has been "justified" with their "fear" of the person in question.

But if they continue as they have, screwing and banning and abusing, chances are better than even someone will commit great violence on a gathering of Wikipedians. Actually surprising it hasn't happened already, especially after people like Andrew Morrow, Robert Clark Young and Nathan Larson.

Their already-redlined paranoia will become all-encompassing, and they will have an explosion of public sympathy for the "poor honest blameless people who write our favorite encyclothing". All admins and WMF employees will become totally anonymous and the gates of fear will slam shut. But Wikipedia will continue to operate in the same deranged manner. THEY NEED THEIR SUCKERS.
If anyone's extra-cynical, we could start a deadpool and take bets on when the first case of Wiki-Mass-Shooting will occur.

Also willing to accept bets on how long it will take Jimbo Wales to disappear. I'm thinking he will go to his Labourite pals in the UK and ask for new identity documents so he can hide in Switzerland or someplace, under a phony name. And they will probably give him a new identity. Because Everybody Loves Jimbo! :jerkoff: