Wikipedia won't even ban EEng from noticeboards

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Wikipedia won't even ban EEng from noticeboards

Post by Boink Boink » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:23 pm

A proposal by Fram to just ban EEng from noticeboards, is going down in flames.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 73302#EEng

Fram wrongly focused on the quirky humour aspect. He vastly under-estimated the appetite there is among the freaks and fuckheads of Wikipedia for this type of utter nonsense, even when it is unambiguously just trolling.

EEng actually needs to be banned for contributions like this.....
Oh for fuck sake, you're taking this to ANI? Move on. EEng 20:22, 14 May 2023 (UTC)
As rude and inflammatory as it is, the real question is why was he even making that comment? The incident in question was this one.

EEng had absolutely no involvement, no reason to comment as an involved party. And of course, EEng is not and never will be an Administrator, so his opinion as a neutral observer is worthless when not carrying the weight of policy, or even any kind of justification at all.

He was also, and this is very important, completely and totally in the wrong. A user had cast serious aspersions on another editor, calling them a racist and a bigot. These were completely unjustified personal attacks, not least because the attacker had not accurately recalled a two year old incident he was dredging up. The victim had been completely ignored by his attacker, who alternated between merrily editing other areas and taking uncharacteristically long periods way from Wikipedia. Two Administrators had demanded explanations, they had also been ignored.

The victim had every right to file an AN/I report. Who is seriously going to say otherwise? The only plausible explanation for EEng's angry dismissal of a perfectly valid report, was because the attacker was one of their friends. Both EEng and that attacker, Serial Number 54129, are unsurprisingly very close with Drmies.

It was of course Drmies who closed that report, despite nothing having happened to reassure anyone the attacker had indeed learned anything, not least since they sat the entire thing out, completely off wiki. Drmies gets away with stuff like that, because, well, who is going to stop him? The only users more powerful than him, are even less bothered about being seen as asshole facilitators than he is.

It is widely acknowledged that AN/I is corrupt and so getting any kind of satisfactory result at all against a Vested Contributor is hard at the best of times. Allowing the presence of EEng to interject in his own unique way, needlessly rubs this sense of absolute hopelessness right in the faces of the people on Wikipedia who are genuine victims with legitimate grievances.

Eeng offers no actual value to AN/I except amusing some seriously disturbed people and furthering themes that go entirely against the principles of how governance should actually work on Wikipedia. But they won't ban him. He has too many friends, arguably some weird kind of fandom. You can see why. Drmies surely hates himself. EEng's satirical posts are presumably a nice distraction.

It's ironic that EEng was often a vocal critic of the little weasel Eric Corbett. It if course wasn't a dislike of how that particular nasty little fuck had complete immunity despite making endlessly acerbic and unhelpful comments because he too was protected by scum like Drmies. It was of course rooted in content disagreements between the two.

It should be a rule on Wikipedia. Whenever two Vested Assholes are going at it, the feud should be shunted off to an area that is only visible to their friends and enablers. Let Drmies deal with it. I guarantee that bastard would be off on a wikibreak immediately.

Moderator note: This post has been shortened to be more readable, the original version can be found here.

Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Re: Wikipedia won't even ban EEng from noticeboards

Post by Boink Boink » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:20 am

It's actually insane how one sided this is, far worse than I imagined was the current state of absolute fuckedness of Wikipedia. And my low opinion of Wikipedia stems from the Eric Corbett days so It's pretty fucking low.

The Wikipedians are utterly shameless. They want the entertainment. They want to be distracted by a piss poor court jester. Anything to distract from what that noticeboard is for and their genetic inability to provide it.

Where is that useless fuck Stephen Harrison when there is actually a story to be written about Wikipedia?

Where is Stephen Harrison when the warped mentality of some of the most active and influential Wikipedia editors is on full display?

This is what passes for governance on Wikipedia. They're clueless, and proud of it.

The happily smear themselves in their own feaces, and declare to the world that they are sane, rational people.

As for the comment that kicked it all off, as the saying goes, if you have to explain the joke, you're a stupid cunt.

As usual, whenever there something dumb to be said, Beyond My Ken is on scene, talking absolute bollocks. He is of course accidentally insightful too....
....[EEng] performs an important function in puncturing balloons and pointing out some of the absurdities which abound......Put it this way: if he were to be TB'd from AN and ANI, I would miss his contributions, and this place would be poorer for his absence.
Like many of the people turning up to oppose, if Beyond My Ken ever stood for adminship, bearing in mind that is a process utter dickheads like Cullen and Drmies can pass with absolute ease, it would be the biggest bursting of a man's sense of their own competence since Eric Crobett was humiliated into withdrawing from RfA not once, but twice. You would hear the laughter clear across the world.

These people are not tolerated at AN/I for their wisdom, as they so wrongly assume. They are tolerated as entertainment. Light relief for those who consider themselves to be the serious (but not too serious) staff of the place. The joke is quite literally on EEng/BMK.

It's actually pretty funny to see EEng has morphed ever closer to becoming the new Eric Corbett, who he had previously thought to be quite the pathetic little twat for taking the view that he was such a font of wisdom all smart people agreed with him and every last one of his critics was nothing but a "civility cop".

How very unoriginal. I guess it's true that they say. In Wikipedia tragicomedy, there is nothing that is actually new, just people who weren't around for the previous performers and are so easily conned into paying for shit that is well past its sell by date. The long long long list of sad little weasels with their paranoid delusions and victim complexes. He quite literally steals the old jokes of Eric Corbett......
sensitivities need to be desensitized....I'm a vanishing breed....busybody...civility enforcer
Shameless.

For extra hilarity, lest anyone assume EEng confines his allegedly unique humour to noticeboards, think again...

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1126027672

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =722098564

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1093406859

There is enough evidence of rank stupidity being exposed simply on his own talk page to secure some form of Foundation level intervention. Which is presumably why to this day, despite countless instructions not to do so, he maintains his talk page at a browser crashing length. Ha ha funny, right? Those Wikipedia editors and their humour. You just don't get it, because you're thick or "take yourself too seriously".

To be honest, if he really has become a low rent Corbett tribute act, he is probably by now so sick of life itself but so hopelessly in love with the infamy and adulation, that he is actually hoping for a glorious martyrdom at at the hands of the evil Foundation, rather than the sort of fate that befalls his fellow travellers like Roxy the diseased Dog.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:41 am

Looks like our favorite trans capitalist is here to defend him: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1162770535

Edit: Bbb23 is here too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... S_question
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Post by Boink Boink » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:57 am

Closed by Isabelle Belato, a rookie Admin.

Not impressive....
There is a clear consensus against any sanctions here. While a diff posted here show poor behavior on the part of EEng, most of the discussion was focused on the comments they add to noticeboards such as this one. While the community appears to be somewhat divided on how valuable or needed those comments are, with some editors offering sound advice on how to reduce attrition when people take issue with them, most agree it does not rise to the need for a sanction, such as a topic ban from AN/ANI and other similar noticeboards. Isabelle Belato 15:26, 5 July 2023 (UTC)
No explanation of how they determined this "clear consensus", such as who made the best policy arguments and which lines of argument were successfully refuted, and no actionable outcome, just a vague reference to "sound advice" that EEng seems to be allowed to take or leave at his own discretion. There are actually large numbers of people making strong policy backed arguments for sanctions who were not refuted. By contrast, it's difficult (impossible) to find a single person who is saying there is no issue, citing a single policy.

Some of the reputations were acts of sheer desperation. How is the following RtC finding not relevant to EEng?
Humor used inappropriately, without indicators, can and often does result in blocks or other corrective actions against editors.
Because EEng makes his crap jokes all year round, not just on April 1? Nonsense.

Hard to see how this gives confidence to anyone who voiced concerns that sanctions on an editor like EEng are impossible to obtain precisely because all that happens is a bunch of assholes turn up to talk absolute bollocks, ignore anything that is contrary to their opinion, and simply display the same talent for "humour" that EEng has (if you don't get the joke or find it unproductive or even offensive, YOU'RE THE PROBLEM, JACK).

Closures like this achieve nothing. All that happens is the person who got away with it is emboldened, resentment over the injustice buids, and the drama continues. That is exactly what EEng wants. An audience.Even though it was literally pointed out in the debate that EEng goes as far as edit warring to resinsert his humour, and this humour is often no more than a blatant personal attack, the closer has absolutely nothing to say about the presence in the debate of people who claim to see no disruption, and whether they formed part of the "clear consensus" against sanctions.

Say what you like about legacy Administrators, they really weren't that shit. They could spot obvious bullshit like this and discount it. And when you do, on the simple numbers alone (many support opinions are not bolded !votes) you arrive at a place that is very far from clear consensus, and very close to no consensus.

One thing is obvious. In his own mind, EEng has divided the community into friends and foes. If someone comes to him with feedback and is a foe, they double down, attack, troll. Only if it is a friend do they listen, and even then, it's not from a place of recognising he can actually be wrong, it is only ever that his entirely correct actions were misinterpreted.

Moderator note: This post has been shortened to be more readable, the original version can be found here.
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [Moderator Action] Shorten post

rubricatedseedpod
Sucks

Post by rubricatedseedpod » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:03 am

The discussion should be linked to on the user talk pages of every single newbie banned for mildly bad conduct from now on.
Editing Wikipedia is not a substitute for being a person.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:43 pm

"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:16 pm

FWIW: EEng is quite the nutcase. When he showed up in 2009, he obsessed over Phineas Gage and other articles about frontal-lobe damage. Makes me wonder if EEng has some kind of brain damage that interferes with his judgment and social skills (not that it would be a necessary condition for becoming a "good wikipedian").

Some of the bastards LOVE to hate him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... /User:EEng
And some of them think he's just ducky.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... /User:EEng

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:49 pm

Uhhh, this thing is not like the others.....
While I don't expect it to stick, I've blocked EEng for a period of 72h for a pattern of incivility towards other editors. While individually those replies would at most merit a warning, put together they show a considerable lack of respect towards other editors, as well as a lack of WP:AGF. Isabelle Belato 23:08, 7 January 2024 (UTC
Pretty stupid to come out and say you "don't expect it to stick". We ALL know it won't stick, but the fun is in seeing what kind of utter bullshit the unblocking Admin will offer as their reason. Now they don't need one, they just need to say the block was clearly a violation of POINT.

I'll never understand why people think listing every little swear is necessary in their report. There were only two even slightly problematic comments that rise above his usual and widely accepted level of general rudeness.....
Thanks for telling me what ANI is for, editor-with-literally-one-fifteenth-the-experience-I-have
Thanks, but with my 33,000 talk-page contributions to your 3,000, I don't need any schooling from you on how to do stuff
These speak to a deeply toxic attitude, but even that probably won't see a block stick.

It would be fun to see if they are enough to hang some kind of sanction in him given he followed it up with this....
I always figure that if I don't get blocked once in a while, I'm not doing my job. I stand by my comments, obviously.
I get that some will always want to defend rude editors who are seen to be valuable. Even the ones who show absolutely no remorse or regret. It's a pride thing.

But you've got to be a pretty special kind of asshole to defend someone who is just so blatant about the fact they know they are widely seen as a special little boy so can freely abuse the help without facing any consequences at all.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:58 pm

Endorse block with the hope that EEng returns to editing with a more collaborative attitude. Some of the comments are borderline but Excuse me, you two fucking geniuses, those of us who actually care about articles ... is way over the WP:NPA line when conversing with bot operators carrying out a task that is supported by the community. EEng, you can do better. Cullen328 (talk) 23:41, 7 January 2024 (UTC)
Are you fucking kidding me?

That comment is mild compared to what you said to Martin Urbanecc, in almost identical circumstances. A lowly bot operator annoying a mighty content Admin. Right down to how you also stood by the substance of the comments.

https://wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtop ... =19&t=3123

Prick.

This is where I have absolutely sympathy with EEng. To be judged by such ABSOLUTE HYPOCRITES is infuriating.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:45 am

Well I'll be dammed.

Universal endorsement thus far, with many quite rightly pointing out that due to his history and that "doing my job" comment it should probably be made indefinite (in the sense it can be lifted immediately if he simply admits he's been uncivil and commits to finally changing his behavior).

The calls for a site ban are ever so slightly ridiculous, but I think people are just so happy to see that the block wasn't immediately overturned they're shooting for the Moon.

If there are even going to be any defenders turning up, thier job now seems like damage limitation. They should just sit this one out, given how obvious it is EEng himself has reached the point where he needs to be humbled, severely.

Don't discount Bishonen still swooping in and claiming "I'll admit that in this particular case I went from 0 to a 100 pretty fast" combined with the fact the blocker admitted to not having the strength of their convictions, as some kind of justification for reducing to time served.

It will be complete bullshit, but she has that power, and knows the only possible move after that is an ArbCom Case if anyone cares to object. Which I would gladly pay serious money to watch. The Wicked Witch versus 6 innocent virgins. What a massacre.