Some anti-Wikipedia history

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Daniel Brandt
Sucks

Some anti-Wikipedia history

Post by Daniel Brandt » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:25 pm

Some folks saved some of my anti-Wikipedia pages from years ago. It's wasn't an easy task because they included a bunch of little portraits of Wikipedians. On my computer, each portrait needed a new in-line link to show the portrait along with the description. These archivists must have had software to do this automatically.

I gave up on Wikipedia criticism years ago, and have gone through several generations of desktop computers. I've selected two pages from my old Wikipedia-Watch efforts that show pics of active Wikipedia editors. The first link below is data from 2009 and the other link is from 2013. Note that the first letter ("J" or "K") in these two URLs is upper-case, but the rest of each URL is lower-case.

https://archive.ph/Jbo5y

https://archive.ph/Ku5u7

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Some anti-Wikipedia history

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:28 pm

I've seen these before. Brandt, do you think you could give me the original files for your website so I could potentially re-host it in the future?
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:57 am

I am extremely familiar with Guy Chapman (JzG). His name kept on popping up over and again in my research on administrators who used Wikipedia tools to trace ip addresses, dox people in real life, and cause them hardships with thier employers. I interviewed him once around 2017 and man was he quick to throw people under the bus. Gave me all kinds of info on the inner workings of Wikipedia and it was him actually who pointed me in the direction of the famous Future Perfect-Oberranks feud (I didn't know about Boing!-Alan then, but soon learned about his role as well).

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:14 am

Jennsaurus wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:57 am
I am extremely familiar with Guy Chapman (JzG). His name kept on popping up over and again in my research on administrators who used Wikipedia tools to trace ip addresses, dox people in real life, and cause them hardships with thier employers. I interviewed him once around 2017 and man was he quick to throw people under the bus. Gave me all kinds of info on the inner workings of Wikipedia and it was him actually who pointed me in the direction of the famous Future Perfect-Oberranks feud (I didn't know about Boing!-Alan then, but soon learned about his role as well).
Bbb23sucks is now going on Reddit to throw the breadcrumbs about the two dozen harassment scandals that you've uncovered. Unfortunately, much the hive mind didn't take kindly of it as if they're addicts hooked on opioids which they downvoted and derided him, except some places such as the Jewish subreddit.

Jennsaurus
Sucks

Post by Jennsaurus » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:34 am

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:14 am
Bbb23sucks is now going on Reddit to throw the breadcrumbs about the two dozen harassment scandals that you've uncovered. Unfortunately, much the hive mind didn't take kindly of it as if they're addicts hooked on opioids which they downvoted and derided him, except some places such as the Jewish subreddit.
Careful throwing around screenshots from this website on reddit and other sites, as well as sharing the sensitive information about how Oscroft stalked Hughes and his family. Hughes is pretty much the victim in that case, from what I determined he operated the Oberranks account from about 2006 to 2009 before abandoning it, but hadn't used it in several years when Oscroft and Pietsch zeroed in on him anyway, mostly in spite out of trouble Pietsch had gotten into around 2012 after he made online threats against staff members of the United States National Archives. Hughes was the name Pietsch had so that was who he went after.

By the time of the big f**kfest in 2018, where Pietsch used his Wikipedia admin account to block every National Archvies computer address on the east coast, Hughes was long gone and had moved on to other things. The last user to use that account was a highly prolific professional researcher named Anthony Marinelli who worked at the archives as a paid consultant for years and had known Hughes in the Navy. Ironically, when all that crap was going on with Oscorft and Pietsch, another admin named Diannaa knew who Marinelli was, and that he was the present-day Oberranks operator, and was having her own little private war with him. Apparently contacted several libraries and universities trying to discredit his work, even after he passed away in late 2018.

I actually had a lengthy interview with Marinelli's brother-in-law in 2020, who told me he contacted the Wikipedia foundation trying to get the Oberranks page deleted due to his family getting harassed and also to have some type of action taken against Diannaa. The foundation didn't do s**t of course, even with hard evidence Diannaa was writing professional research groups and accusing Marinelli of unethical research and falsifying sources in published articles. In the journalism-publishing world, that's pretty much the same as being accused of murder and even the accusation alone can cause serious problems. Marinelli was dead by that point, but Diannaa kept up trying to trash his reputation for at least another year. Unknown if Pietsch and Oscroft ever knew about Marinelli, or even wanted to, since it f'd up their narrative to admit that more than one person had used the stupid account.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:43 am

Jennsaurus wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:34 am
Ognistysztorm wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:14 am
Careful throwing around screenshots from this website on reddit and other sites, as well as sharing the sensitive information about how Oscroft stalked Hughes and his family. Hughes is pretty much the victim in that case, from what I determined he operated the Oberranks account from about 2006 to 2009 before abandoning it, but hadn't used it in several years when Oscroft and Pietsch zeroed in on him anyway, mostly in spite out of trouble Pietsch had gotten into around 2012 after he made online threats against staff members of the United States National Archives. Hughes was the name Pietsch had so that was who he went after.

By the time of the big f**kfest in 2018, where Pietsch used his Wikipedia admin account to block every National Archvies computer address on the east coast, Hughes was long gone and had moved on to other things. The last user to use that account was a highly prolific professional researcher named Anthony Marinelli who worked at the archives as a paid consultant for years and had known Hughes in the Navy. Ironically, when all that crap was going on with Oscorft and Pietsch, another admin named Diannaa knew who Marinelli was, and that he was the present-day Oberranks operator, and was having her own little private war with him. Apparently contacted several libraries and universities trying to discredit his work, even after he passed away in late 2018.

I actually had a lengthy interview with Marinelli's brother-in-law in 2020, who told me he contacted the Wikipedia foundation trying to get the Oberranks page deleted due to his family getting harassed and also to have some type of action taken against Diannaa. The foundation didn't do s**t of course, even with hard evidence Diannaa was writing professional research groups and accusing Marinelli of unethical research and falsifying sources in published articles. In the journalism-publishing world, that's pretty much the same as being accused of murder and even the accusation alone can cause serious problems. Marinelli was dead by that point, but Diannaa kept up trying to trash his reputation for at least another year. Unknown if Pietsch and Oscroft ever knew about Marinelli, or even wanted to, since it f'd up their narrative to admit that more than one person had used the stupid account.
Unlike "Dickipedia" which is a term Elon Musk describes Wikipedia, Reddit has strict policies and social codes against doxxing so all the names in the screenshots were painted over with black ink.

Musk has tweeted "Deus X Machina" which was taken by many as the intention to buy Wikipedia due to similar actions immediately before he bought Twitter. Would he finally clean the house, or rather replace a set of problems with different sets? Who knows?

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:14 pm

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:43 am
Musk has tweeted "Deus X Machina" which was taken by many as the intention to buy Wikipedia due to similar actions immediately before he bought Twitter. Would he finally clean the house, or rather replace a set of problems with different sets? Who knows?
It'd be like Twitter.. replacing one set of problems with another set of problems that are specifically Musk not having any ability to remain neutral or not flipout about anything critical of himself.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:02 pm

Daniel Brandt wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:25 pm
Some folks saved some of my anti-Wikipedia pages from years ago. It's wasn't an easy task because they included a bunch of little portraits of Wikipedians. On my computer, each portrait needed a new in-line link to show the portrait along with the description. These archivists must have had software to do this automatically.
Did I ever send you a copy of the book wiki notes and other material? It includes hundreds of photos, including most of the people who were on Wikipedia Watch. Ask and receive.
I am extremely familiar with Guy Chapman (JzG).
You ought to write up his history. What a miserable and petty human being. One of Wikipedia's greatest failures is allowing old Usenet trolls like Chapman and David Gerard to gain some power.
Yet ANOTHER little peccadillo you could write up. Imagine building a career just from WP's ridiculous scandals.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:03 am

Ironically as seen on that Reddit thread posted by Bbb23sucks, the Jewish and Israeli people who are earliest adopters/supporters of Wikipedia have now become one of the pioneering detractors of Wikipedia due to the Holocaust distortion scandal.