I told you Lourdes was nuts

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ChaosMeRee
Sucker

I told you Lourdes was nuts

Post by ChaosMeRee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:52 pm

Way back in February 2018 I told you all that Lourdes was probably nuts.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=450

I wasn't wrong, was I?

How nuts is this.....
I am User:Wifione, the admin who got blocked years ago.
I have also told you Beeblebrox is a classic example of a Wikipedia power user. A toxic mix of cluelessness and arrogance.

I wasn't wrong, was I......
77. Support From what I’ve seen this user is a great editor and already works in admin areas, when they have made mistakes they have been open to criticism, which is a crucial quality in an admin. Happy to support. Beeblebrox (talk) 22:35, 19 February 2018 (UTC)

An apology is not enough. Being polite in your replies is not enough. Admins are expected to learn from their mistakes, not just keep making new mistakes.

I simply think she lacks the temperment and judgement expected of an administrator on this project and should either resign or be removed by the committee. The strongest warning has already been given, it didn't work.
Beeblebrox (talk) 20:34, 1 November 2023 (UTC)
Beeblebrox will never explain this stark change in his view over time, lest it make him look like what I have always said he is.

And with people like Jake as his genial host, he never needs to.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: I told you Lourdes was nuts

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:33 pm

Yep you were right. And as for Jake and Beeb: carry on with the abuse. They deserve more.

I might mention that the Russian Red bio, whether it's actually Lourdes the WP admin or not, positively reeks of paid and COI editing. "She" must have plenty of socks.

And all meaningless, as "she" was just perma-blocked as a "sock of Wifione" after being dragged to Arbcom-bungo-time. Which I can easily believe. Lourdes is a nut, and attracts other nuts, and absolutely wrecks content--just like Wifione. And just like Wifione, I expect the insiders will fight over Lourdes for months/years to come. Even the worst admins always have a few die-hard supporters who will try to ruin arbitrations and noticeboards to "protect" their idiot little "friend".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... se/Wifione
Last edited by ericbarbour on Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Re: I told you Lourdes was nuts

Post by ChaosMeRee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:44 pm

Damn I am good....
Perhaps most worryingly, unless she's a re-tread, her profile was very atypical for a new user, showing signs of addition/obsession
This all speaks to a potential lack of judgement. Perhaps not in everyday settings, but absolutely in a high pressure situation when a mistep could cause huge drama and grave damage.
It's actually pretty fucking hilarious how incompetent Beeblebrox was being at the time....
Not to pile on, but it doen’t really matter unless there is some reason to believe they would disregard consensus in favor of their own philosophy, and I’ve seen no evidence of that. Beeblebrox (talk) 20:59, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
That was said on the talk page of the RfA, where Andrew Davidson had already pointed out in the section above this one, that Lourdes was routinely ignoring COSMETICBOT. For his trouble, Andrew was mercilessly personally attacked by his betters, other Wikipedia Administrators.

Is this a good time to mention one of those was Lourdes' nominator? Ritchie333.

And boy was he on top form, as usual.....
In any case, Lourdes has said she won't do that sort of stuff anymore as it seems to annoy people - so what is the issue? Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 18:40, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
1. That she was doing it. And 2., you clearly didn't realise she was doing it, or you did but you didn't know or care that it was against policy (and annoys people). You fucking dumb shit.

HEY DICKHEAD. Do you want me to tell your fiance this is typical of your unique contributions to Wikipedia? That she's about to marry an absolute fuckwit?

And who wants to bet Ritchie's complicated relationship with women on Wikipedia played a part in his enthusiasm to be her nominator.....
I have had my eye on Lourdes becoming an administrator for some time.
I bet you fucking did. Crazy attracted to crazy, amIright?

At the time, as I outlined, it certainly looked like the cosmetic edits issue could be a case of her applying her own warped philosophy....
Finally, there's the issue Andrew identified. She was quite improperly making gnome edits which merely adjusted white space. That she wasn't aware this is an issue, is a troubling sign for her suitability as an admin on basic knowledge grounds. I can't see how any addict would be unaware of this, given it was renewed as a big issue this past year or so. That she immediately rolled over and promised to never ever do it again, shows how desperate she was to become an admin.

That she didn't explain how it could be that she was ignorant of this policy, evidently didn't raise any concern for the watching Wikipedians. But the most remarkable thing was the reason she gave for why she does/did it. Her answer to question 10 was......
These are simple gnomish formatting edits I undertake from time to time on articles that I get using the random article link. Thanks.
Seriously? Who does that? Who is so addicted to Wikipedia, they do this, even if it only ends up shuffling white space?
Of course, now we know they had another reason. Padding out her edit history. Not to extreme levels, but enough to boost their basic edit count for an RfA run (for which you need X amount of edits and it needs to be hard for anyone who actually bothers to look to get an idea of who you really are as a person).

Seriously, why the fuck are Ritchie and Beeblebrox beloved members of Wikipediocracy?

Because I can assure you it isn't to show outsiders what absolute fuckwits they are!