Milo Y. and the recent bombshell

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Milo Y. and the recent bombshell

Post by Strelnikov » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:06 am

I'm putting this here because Milo Yiannopoulos/"Wagner" is a kinda-sorta Wikipedian; he tried to start stub BLPs about himself twice: in 2005 and again in 2006. The BLP he has now has been beef'd up thanks to his college tour he did last year (here he is at UCSD in La Jolla, CA. shilling for "daddy Trump" while a mariachi band played) and the collapse of his Breitbart job for comments about pedophilia.

All of that is prologue, why I am here is to pass along this: Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream - A cache of documents obtained by BuzzFeed News reveals the truth about Steve Bannon’s alt-right “killing machine.” Turns out BuzzFeed does actual journalism when nobody's looking, and yesterday they dropped this little thermonuclear bomb onto the press, because it turns out that a lot of tech writers were asked by Yiannopoulos about how certain stories should be pitched and they helped Breitbart's "tech" section along. He wrote to Andrew "weev" Aurenheimer, Vox Day, Mencius Moldbug (Curtis Guy Yarvin, founder of Neo-Reactionism and the "Dark Enlightenment"), and Devin Saucier (Henry Wolff of American Renaissance magazine) on a piece called "Alt-Right Behemoth" which pretty much gave a taxonomy to the new neo-Nazi subset. They rewrote it and it became "An Establishment Conservative’s Guide to the Alt-Right".

From the article we get such nuggets as: Mencius Moldbug had been teaching Peter Thiel about his whacked-out political philosophy and that Milo and Thiel have been meeting for years; that Mitchell Sunderland of Vice's women's channel "Broadly" told Milo to “Please mock this fat feminist,” and go after Lindy West of the New York Times back in May 2016 for her fat acceptance columns (proof that the mentality of Reddit's banned "Fat People Hate" subreddit made inroads into the press) - Vice fired Sunderland today; that Dan Lyons, who used to work for Forbes and wrote for Mike Judge's Silicon Valley sitcom was sending notes to Milo to wonder if Zoë Quinn and Amber Discko were born male and to pitch a story on venture capitalist Joe Lonsdale's sexual assault lawsuit that was later dropped; that David Auerbach (formerly of Slate) who had done a piece on why GamerGate should end quickly now "....passed along on background information about the love life of Anita Sarkeesian, the GamerGate target;“the goods” about an allegedly racist friend of Arthur Chu, the Jeopardy champion and frequent advocate of social justice causes; and a “hot tip” about harsh anti-harassment tactics implemented by Wikipedia.... [Allum] Bokhari [Milo's ghostwriter, but writing here under his own name] followed up with an article: “Wikipedia Can Now Ban You For What You Do On Other Websites”." The cherry on the sundae is that at one point Sebastian Gorka emailed Milo, Steve Bannon, Michael Flynn, jr. (who cc'ed the email to Michael Flynn) on September 15th, 2016, which is proof that Milo was part of the "Trump Train" that gave us a Dorito for a President. As Steve Bannon was also working with Jason Reza Jorjani around the same time, the links to Metapedia through Arktos Media are undeniable. This self-described "dangerous faggot"* helped march America into a crypto-Nazi hell, and it is only by the simple grace that Trump and his people aren't very good at ruling that things aren't far worse.

* What he called his college tour, and Dangerous is the title of the book Allum Bokhari possibly ghostwrote for Yiannopoulos. Milo was forced to self-publish the book. I've always seen Milo as more "annoying queen" than the King Shit of Fuck Mountain of gay men.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Re: Milo Y. and the recent bombshell

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:44 am

Good write-up, Strelnikov. Have you followed the fallout as seen on Auerbach's Twitter timeline? WO's Somey/Midsized Jake posted a link to a Paste magazine article that sums things up nicely. That article has a link to a Twitter thread by Baio that's worth a read also.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:Good write-up, Strelnikov. Have you followed the fallout as seen on Auerbach's Twitter timeline? WO's Somey/Midsized Jake posted a link to a Paste magazine article that sums things up nicely. That article has a link to a Twitter thread by Baio that's worth a read also.

I don't deal with WO-MB; they rigged it so if the system sees my IP range, it forces me to sign up to see threads. Remember, they unceremoniously dumped me out before dawn hit, yanked down my avatar photo, and that was it. Somey admitted to being the guy behind my ejection, so I have nothing nice to say about Midsize Jake.

I saw what happened to Auerbach. I find it amazing in this era of Twitter and the Wayback Machine that people can think their Internet conversations can't be dug up. You don't want things easily uncovered? Use regular mail and the telephone.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:11 am

Strelnikov wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:Good write-up, Strelnikov. Have you followed the fallout as seen on Auerbach's Twitter timeline? WO's Somey/Midsized Jake posted a link to a Paste magazine article that sums things up nicely. That article has a link to a Twitter thread by Baio that's worth a read also.

I don't deal with WO-MB; they rigged it so if the system sees my IP range, it forces me to sign up to see threads. Remember, they unceremoniously dumped me out before dawn hit, yanked down my avatar photo, and that was it. Somey admitted to being the guy behind my ejection, so I have nothing nice to say about Midsize Jake.

I saw what happened to Auerbach. I find it amazing in this era of Twitter and the Wayback Machine that people can think their Internet conversations can't be dug up. You don't want things easily uncovered? Use regular mail and the telephone.
Do you have any idea why Somey/Jake would have done that. It's so pathetic of them to keep you from even reading public threads.

For now Jake is trying to suck up to Dan Murphy by railing against The Devil's Advocate. Shameless.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:41 am

Strelnikov wrote:they rigged it so if the system sees my IP range

Well that's easily solved with a proxy server