Arbcom 2017

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Arbcom 2017

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Mutineer wrote:I think I'm reading the page correctly. Arbcom 2017 has handled only four cases. It's November, there's one more active one, maybe it'll get to five. See for yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration/Index/Cases/2017.

So what do the arbcommies actually do these days? Very close to nothing, it seems to me. Being on Arbcom is the final feather for one's cap. I guess they get dormant, or play around with the privacy-invasive toys like checkuser to probe their enemies. Browse the Arbcom mailing list archives, that kind of thing.

The real power is with the time-rich anonymous types at WP:AN/ANI. I remember that asshat New York Brad saying people should try to reform WP:AN/ANI, not Arbcom. Well, Brad, you're the ultimate insider. Why don't you begin? It's certainly nothing an outsider can do, and WP:AN/ANI regulars will kick, bite, and scratch anyone that dares to try to put some restraints on their mob-rules ugliness.

Incidentally, Wikipedia is, starting today, accepting self-nomination for the December Arbcom elections. Nobody has submitted yet. I'll have a look again in a few days. It once seemed vaguely productive to critique them, but if they don't actually do anything these days, what's the point.

I don't know about WP-EN, but I have understand arbcom takes you about 10 hours a week on NL_WP. And the judgements are always ridiculous, illogical, corrupt, and unworkable.
And the begining of a huge fight because of this facts, what takes months, and ends up in a wiki drama. But the optimism is amazing, they learn nothing from there mistakes, and before the first blunder is half forgotten they start a new arbcom drama. And they can't understand it is because they are a bunch of incompetent idiots.

BUT, at the moment you say they are a bunch of incompetent idiots, what they are (Fact), it is harassment, and now a days even a #Metoo moment if you say something like that to a woman. Because of the gender gap you have grab her by here pussy.
The situation gets by the day more more difficult and diffuse , so I think will be very hard to find new arbcom members. Arbcom members who want to discuss the whole matter month after mouth, 40 hours a week, to reach a crazy consensus. Because in arbcom the same happens like in WMF, wikipedia, wikimedia, normal users are displaced by autistic idiots, and I am sure also on WP-En and in it's arbcom.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Arbcom 2017

Post by Kumioko » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:33 pm

I have to say that so far the people who have applied to get on the arbcom, or the lack there of, paints a pretty clear picture of what the commnity thinks of the Arbcom.

Only one current Arb (Opabina), one that many editors think is a sockmaster (BU Rob), Several non admins including 2 that were desysopped...the list goes on. This may very well be the weakest pool of potential Arbs in the history of the project.
#BbbGate