Which admins would fail if they had to do a new RfA for reelection?

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Which admins would fail if they had to do a new RfA for reelection?

Post by ChaosMeRee » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:09 pm

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 14&t=13314

The chuckleheads are doing criticism wrong again. :roll:

The correct answer of course is none of them. At least none of the ones who are consistently making a mockery of the idea Administrators are held to the very highest standards of personal conduct, and could in all honesty be said to be routinely failing to meet the minimum required standards of a mere editor.

The social side of Wikipedia is far too powerful to remove these Administrators through a popular vote. For every uninvolved observer who would think an Administrator being uncivil to an editor who is for whatever reason deemed by the crowd to be a problem, is a sign they aren't holding themselves to the highest standard, there will be ten members of the crowd who will cheer them to the rafters.

The sick joke behind this question is the obvious fact that if it was remotely possible to submit these Administrators to RfA in a way that anonymised thier names and made it impossible to guess who they might be and therefore vote based on whether you like them or not, they would fail.

I mean, Jesus Christ. Who are they kidding if they think Drmies or Cullen328 would even have a chance at RfA if they were merely "Editor A" and "Editor B" whose history of misconduct as mere editors include gems like this......

https://wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtop ... =19&t=3126

https://wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtop ... =19&t=3123

The first shows only "Editor A" not only failing to comply with basic editorial policy, but doing it in a way that shows they have complete contempt for it. They show Editor A has absolutely no respect for the principle that properly sourced and relevant content should be retained.

They show Editor A has an extreme, borderline psychotic interpretation of BOLD, and quite happily places the sole entire burden of sifting through the wreckage of his one single act of extremism, to sort out what was undoubtedly worthy content and what was indeed worthy of removal as trivia, to other people. Editor A doesn't accept that this might be his responsibility at all.

To any observer, Editor A is not some newbie who can claim they didn't know any better. To any observer, it becomes clear how someone as destructive and entirely
out of kilter with Wikipedia's basic mission has even been able to stay on Wikipedia this long without being told by an Administrator to change their ways or fuck right off. They are an experienced gamer. They know where the line is. They know the threat to his privelages would be to edit war. Editor A wisely does not deviate from the BRD cycle.

Perhaps that is how Drmies interprets "higher standard"? Perhaps he genuinely thinks that not being willing to turn a dispute like this into an edit war, is what differentiates the Administrators from the ordinary established editors. If it is, that says a lot about him, and what a mistake it was to promote him to Administrator.

If people didn't know that Editor A was Drmies and they were considering them for Adminship, then by a very large majority, they would of course reject him on the basis he is clearly far too arrogant, far too combative, far too willing to game the system, to be of any practical use to the necessarily very hard task of being a neutral arbiter in editorial disputes just like this.

------

The second link shows Cullen328 committing an absolutely egregious violation of the behavioral standard expected of any editor, let alone an Administrator.

For no better reason than he was upset about something, that is all the reason he needed to steam over to another editors page and start harassing them. Not a sternly worded complaint, but blatant harassment.

Consumed with an ever building rage because his target doesn't respond, the red mist prevents Cullen328 from even entertaining the possibility there is a good faith reason for the lack of response. Their target was asleep.

The red mist also prevents Cullen328 from entertaining the possibility that he hasn't properly understood the issues involved, which were highly technical. Even though Cullen328 himself regularly admits he is clueless in such matters, he proceeds with his assault as if he is totally in the right. He wasn't.

He hadn't realized it was perfect acceptable in this situation for a bot to be running unsupervised. He also celery didn't remotely give a shit that it is a basic fact that indefinitely blocked editors are entitled to a mentor.

The assault continued even after his target had woken and responded at the earliest possible opportunity and without rising to the bait at all. It mattered not to Cullen328. The explanations were irrelevant, ignored. Cullen was right.

The really fucked up part of this disgusting episode, was how Cullen328 tried to turn it into a huge fight between the saintly volunteers and the evil paid staffers. He used the fact Martin is a paid employee of the Foundation as a means to denigrate and humiliate them. Nothing he had done, but who he was. Beyond unacceptable. A sackable offense for their target.

His pure rage also meant he somehow missed the fact this was a task being done by a paid staffer BECAUSE THE COMMUNITY HAD ASKED FOR IT.

This was not, as you might think, a momentary loss of cool. The timings don't lie. This was an attack that was pressed home repeatedly, over many hours. Far past the point that an ordinary editor, let alone an Administrator, is expected to have taken on board feedback, considered answers, and reflected.

It says a lot that Cullen only stopped when another Administrator gently, politely, in the most pathetically obsequious way, hinted that Cullen328 was being a compelte asshole.

It also says a lot that in the eventual (and very necessary) apology, Cullen328 pretended that this had been a single momentary loss of cool, and while he apologized for the "nasty tone", he stood by the substance. Nobody corrected him on either point.

Perhaps that is how Cullen328 interprets "higher standard"? Perhaps he genuinely thinks that being willing to issue a half hearted apology and only vicuously attacking another editor in a highly personalized and discriminatory way for hours, not days, is what differentiates the Administrators from the ordinary established editors. If it is, that says a lot about him, and what a mistake it was to promote him to Administrator.

If people didn't know that Editor B was Cullen328 and they were considering them for Adminship, then by a very large majority, they would of course reject him on the basis he is cleary a fucking psychopath.

Someone who seems to do a good job of hiding their true nature most of the time, but in the right circumstances, could do something seriously damaging to Wikipedia. And for the record, as much as the current editor base might not agree, a paid coder resigning because of the abuse they received from an Administrator despite having done absolutely nothing wrong, is damaging to Wikipedia.

------

Those are just two tiny little incidents, and there are others in their histories. But the Wikipedians would be lying if they weren't on their own, sufficient to torpedo the RfAs for Editor A and Editor B.

But as Drmies and Cullen328, two of Wikipedia's most "trusted" Administrators, they would sail through any re-confirmation RfA. And their sheer popularity means that they would have to be a whole lot worse that even this, to fear being brought before ArbCom.

Not even the fact the Drmies incident isn't even remotely out of the ordinary for them, part of a sustained and unapologetically cuntish attitude to his fellow editors and Wikipedia itself, would be enough to get a Case going.

Arguably that one single incident by Cullen328 , especially the deficiency of the apology, is sufficient for an immediate Motion to desysop. But if they were even aware it happened, the Committee seems to know that such a thing would see them being lynched.

----

The only reason WO has named only Mzajac as a possible answer to the question posed, is because an Administrator from 2004 is far more likely to enforce the rules as they are written, blocking the people who later Administrators clearly view as too valuable or popular to block.

This is a serious problem, and ties in nicely with the fact Drmies is clear a cancer on Wikipedia based on how he performs his role.

A while ago Mzajac reported Serial dickwad to AN/I. Despite the complaint having merit, and being an example of Mzajac not being the sort of "legacy Admin" who would block an opponent, but who instead sought the assistance and support of their supposed colleagues, it actually went exactly as you would expect reporting an UNBLOCKABLE goes......

https://wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtop ... =19&t=2843

Serial got away with not even responding. He just went on his holidays, confident the social factors of Wikipedia would protect him.

Despite not having even participated, much less showed any sign he had accepted and reflected on what he had done, the thread was closed with Drmies being quite sure the discussion had run its course, agreeing with his colleague SandyGeorgia that "the message had been received".

Sure.

This was of course the same usual bullshit.

Serial is unchanged, last seen spreading toxicity all over the AN/I thread about EEng, whose nastiness was of course also an early feature to that Mzajac thread.

EEng protects Serial, Serial protects EEng, both are disgusting humans with serious self control, for which neither has a chance of ever being an Administrator, but as a pretty pretty second best, they can both rely on the toxic community and the sub-par Administrators to let them be who they want to be.

The threat to them is people like Mzajac, who surely won't put up with this patent bullshit forever. Hence why Wikipediocracy seem to be itching to take him down.

Here is an example of what Serial brings to the Wikipedia environment.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1194364511

A casual introduction of a serious charge of misconduct into an already heated debate.

Does Serial intend to progress this charge the way policy mandates? Does he intend to report Ritchie333 to ArbCom for apparently allegedly taking the opportunity of a block of EEng to "put the boot in"? As laughable as it is to think that a pussy like Ritchie would even own a pair of decent shit-kicking boots.

No he does not. It suffices for Serial to drop that nasty but entirely evidence free accusation where it will do the most harm, distracting everyone from the main issue - why does blocking EEng have no effect on his behavior?

And also distracting from the secondary but clearly related issue Ritchie raises - why is EEng getting away with having an unusable talk page? This is a BASIC REQUIREMENT. If he thumbs his nose at that, seeing it as funny even, part of his non-conforming Admin baiting jester persona, it is yet more proof his violations of the basic civility requirements are for the exact same reasons.

Do any of the other million Wikipedia Administrators do anything about this violation by Serial? Considering it is a bright line violation of ASPERSIONS, and we were recently led to believe Serial had learnt lessons about what is and is not good conduct.

No.

If Drmies or Cullen328 ever blocked a disgusting little shit like Serial for such blatant violations of serious policies after repeated warnings and with absolute no excuses for not knowing it is wrong, which is what they are SUPPOSED TO DO, they would become unpopular with the mob, to the point they would fail any theoretical re-confirmation RfA, ran under their own names.

Wikipediocray don't get this, because they are a willing part of it.

They are it. Serial is even a member!

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Which admins would fail if they had to do a new RfA for reelection?

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:04 pm

Timwi would probably fail.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:31 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
could you elaborate on why you thing you wouldn't get reelected? Of co
Off the top of my head.....

* I told Rschen7754 to fuck off.

* I wrote "I silently cheer from the sidelines when Wikipediocracy fires both barrels at an admin doing silly things, that's good enough for me" which was criticised at the RfA. Nowadays I cheer somewhat less silently.

* I hadn't pissed off Fram when I ran for RfA.

* I hadn't pissed off Bbb23 when I ran for RfA.

* I've been blocked twice.

* I've still got an interaction ban.
Stick the bottom entry at the top, explain the reasons for it, explain how your appeal of it went and why, clarify you were actually blocked three times, all for violating this IBAN with the third overturned, and delete the rest.

You creeped the fuck out of a woman editor, you didn't stay the fuck away from her, you're incapable of following a simple thing like an IBAN, you appealed for batshit insane reasons that heaped even more distress on the woman, you were lucky to escape that car crash without a desysop (as a minimum, saved by the Super Mario Effect), and you probably still think this IBAN is an injustice.

That alone is why you are unfit to be an Admin, and would fail RfA.

You're the sort of person who needs to be monitored by Admins (probably forever by the looks of it), rather than being trusted to be the monitor.
At least I'm aware of it and admit it. Some people on en-wp can't even do that.
Classic Ritchie. Wanting a fucking medal for doing a simple human thing like acknowledging one's faults.

You don't get a medal Ritchie333, because the question you haven't answered, is why you think you should still be an Administrator even though you admit you wouldn't pass RfA today.
Ritchie333, I would certainly vote for you over Sandstein. Not that that's saying much... but I value your judgment.
Their record don't even compare. Ritchie is the sort of clueless bumbling dickwad who (to take a very recent example of his Admin work) unilaterally unblocks Koavf, comes to AN to have that reviewed (a complete car crash of a thread), in which he proceeds to talk about himself in the third person to express bafflement as to why he didn't do what he normally would and ask AN if that was a good idea before he did it.

Seeing dumb shit like that almost makes you laugh at how people seem to think Sandstein being a robotic slave to procedure is a bad thing, if this is the supposed alternative.

Which shows yet another difference between the two. Sandstein looked for support from his colleagues for his approach to AE. They didn't give it, because they could see that following the rules of AE would mean so called good editors would have to start facing serious consequences for obvious violations in contentious topic areas. Y'know, like it's supposed to fucking work.

Sandstein has never been back. Why would you go where you weren't wanted? Even though he is right, he is saving Wikipedia the drama of battling pieces of shit like Bishonen, for the right to be right. Principle. Sandstein will he proven right in the end, AE can't handle this much warfare out in the real world and still hope to keep track of which editors are considered special and which are not.

Ritchie by contrast has had umpteen tantrums, meltdowns and fits of pique. To the point it is genuinely hard to track of what he has previously said he would never do again and then reversed, and reversed again. He is apparently no longer handling unblocks due to Koavf. Or maybe he is. He is also no longer handling DYK prep. Or maybe he is. He swore off RfA noms, but went back. Who knows. It's not about the principle, it's about Ritchie333's ego, his need for attention, his need to be loved.

A weak man. A fragile man. An unfit man.

And yet a man who thinks he can be of use, a servant, an asset.

A perfect fit for Wikipediocracy.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:10 pm

Blacl Kite wrote:Yeah, me probably *shrug* On the other hand, it's always a tricky one when you're trying to tell people who are being fuckwits, that they're being fuckwits whilst being nice about it. Apparently it's the Wikipedia way. I'm from Yorkshire, and we tell it how it is. Still, it's 18 months until I retire (at 57, yay) and I can assure people that I'm definitely going to be prioritising spending time with my wife and on the golf course over arguing with neckbearded basement dwellers.
Does your wife not get a say on that?

Funny how that other professional norvener Eric Corbett used to like to speak on behalf of his wife to random fuckwits on Wikipediocracy.

I think it's a fair bet that in both cases, the wives wanted their beloved to spend as much time as they possibly could away from them

And for the record, people from Yorkshire are not intentionally rude, and their plain speaking is not a sign of poor intelligence or a lack of humanity.

Much like Eric, most people round your way probably think you're a complete cunt, they just don't want to hurt your feelings (probably so as not to upset your wife).