Why is Worm That Turned lying about their reasons for leaving Wikipedia?

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Why is Worm That Turned lying about their reasons for leaving Wikipedia?

Post by ChaosMeRee » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:16 pm

I'm sorry, but this is clearly not true.....

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 08#p341808
....I don't expect the encylopedia to be a worthwhile endeavour by the time my circumstances change. Large language models (many initially trained Wikipedia) do the job of sharing knowledge freely, and will do so better and faster than Wikipedia in the coming years. That's not the reason I'm leaving, but it is the reason I'm not expecting to come back.
LLM's are widely acknowledged as being spouters of complete bullshit. There is not and never will be a way to know whether they are lying to you. They can only ever get better at guessing what word comes after the previous word. That was never a sound method of answering questions. And it obviously can't answer a question whose answer hasn't even been entered into Wikipedia because everyone has left.

Intelligent assistants will replace Wikipedia. Software smart enough to do all the things a model Wikipedia editor does, searching for sources, assessing their reliability, assigning due weight and/or attribution where needed, and thus formulating a useful, neutral summary of their meaning. But they will do it in seconds, serving up an article tailored to a query (NOT a question).

You will ask it to explain the controversy surrounding TERFs in a one page essay, for example. And it will do so. Free of Wikipedia's inherent bias, overpopulated as it is by over-aggressive chicks with dicks as "editors". It will correctly cite its sources, unlike an LLM which often just makes them up, and so you can use this as the basis of your student assignment on TERFs, once you have rewritten it in your own words.

If you do not so so, or do not so in your own words that demonstrates true understanding, you will be detected and expelled, because the intelligent assistant, by law, will have submitted its output into a permanent record used for plagiarism detection.

That little piece of futurology is a good reason not to return to Wikipedia. But it isn't his reason, clearly.

I cannot get my head around why he would utter such absolute bullshit to such a simple question.

His actual reasons for leaving are obvious.....

https://wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtop ... 449#p28449

Wait. Is this even the real Worm? Or has he been replaced by an LLM?!?!!!

:lol:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Why is Worm That Turned lying about their reasons for leaving Wikipedia?

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:17 pm

I give it 50-50

Mr. Craven has done his share of double-dealing on WP. One expects no less from a guy who was on Arbcom for SIX YEARS. He was just a little more careful about not getting into ruinous battles.
"And now, in the Gender Gap Task Force case (aka the Jimbo Wants That Bastard Corbett Off The Island And He Means OFF So Come On You Jimbo Bumboys And Gals What Are You Waiting For case), we see active arbcom member Worm That Turned conniving with stinky sock Patrol forty to circumvent the 500-word restriction on "evidence" submissions, enabling Stinky to throw more than 2,000 words of crap at Jimbo's Public Enemy #1 without first submitting to the indignity of asking the Worm for permission (as specifically demanded of others by, well, ahem, the Worm). You couldn't make this shit up. Oh on second thoughts yes you could. "
Last edited by ericbarbour on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.