First customer of reformed RfA process not happy

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: First customer of reformed RfA process not happy

Post by Bbb23sucks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:51 pm

ProcrastinatingReader's close was reinstated by Cremastra. The RfA was then courtesy blanked, but that was later reverted.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Wed May 01, 2024 5:21 am

Still no edits. Wikipedia might literally have driven a kid to suicide.

But at least they're not inconvenienced.....
if it's necessary then leave such a decision up to crats, especially since candidate never withdrew and given the mess that transpired due to rfa reform leaving it up is arguably more helpful

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Wed May 01, 2024 5:25 am

Not. Human.
WP:BN wrote:I don't understand why the 'crats appear to be letting non-crats (and non-admins) make decisions about closing the RfA. The latest thing is it's now supposedly closed by a non-crat and another editor blanked the entire RfA as a "courtesy". Courtesy to whom? As far as I can tell, the candidate has never withdrawn; indeed, they haven't edited in over 24 hours. And even if they had withdrawn, say e-mail a 'crat to express their view, why wouldn't a 'crat then close it as withdrawn? And since when do we blank RfAs? I know 'crats often take a hands-off approach to "regulating" RfAs, but this goes way beyond that.--Bbb23 (talk) 23:02, 30 April 2024 (UTC)

I reverted per above, and to put my onetime bureaucrat hat on, I see no reason to blank it. People are having panic attacks over how mean it is, but actually reading through it, if anything it was pretty tame with a lot of encouragement passed on to the user. It won't be the last one like this with the new rfa reform proposals in place either. Wizardman 23:37, 30 April 2024 (UTC)

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Thu May 02, 2024 12:04 am

Toadette has returned: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... adetteEdit

Guess they're not dead after all.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sun May 05, 2024 6:40 pm

Wikipediocracy living in opposite land....
wbm1058 wrote:Now non-admins feel emboldened to act as non-crats as well, continuing the trend towards total anarchy.

Whoever thought SNOW-closing a discussion before even a single vote was cast would be a good idea is psychopathic.
We all want to live in a world where Bureacrats would stop the Wikipedia mob from killing clueless wannabe Admins so ordinary EXPERIENCED editors do not feel the need to step in, as happened here. What we actually have here is a world where Bureaucrats are indecisive at best, Nihonjoe/Primefac/Andrevan at worst.