Around the Administrators in 80 days....

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Kraken
Sucks Fan

Re: Around the Administrators in 80 days....

Post by Kraken » Sat May 04, 2024 10:12 pm

And that concludes Day 3......

The blind dude aside, it's taken three days (33 individuals) for me to find a genuinely impressive Admin. Someone who, if replicated say 10,000 times, could make this project work after all. Diversity concerns notwithstanding. But I specifically didn't look at them too closely, lest I ruin this weird and unusual feeling.

1 in 33.

Can't be as high as that, surely...... :?

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sat May 04, 2024 10:29 pm

Andrew Gray

Previously Shimgray (until April 2012)

A user with 55,616 edits. Account created on 30 October 2004.

Edit filter manager.

Former WiR at the British Library.

Nominated by Michael Snow.

(33/0/0) ending 20:32 3 November 2005

Virtually inactive Administrator. Very little interest in project space, zero non-trivial use of Admin tools going back at least a year.

Very active editor, content builder, UK politics

Critic curious?

http://www.generalist.org.uk/blog/tags/wikipedia/

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sat May 04, 2024 10:52 pm

Andrewa

A user with 61,050 edits. Account created on 3 March 2003.

One of the very earliest....literal wiki (wikis) nerd

Nominated by Meelar.

(25/1/0) 2 April 2004

Active editor, but mostly to talk pages, with a focus on move requests. Bizarre.

Active Administrator, but only where need as part of their page mover interests.

Engagement with the project is both sustained but sporadic, but has finally levelled out and now slightly reducing in the 2020s.

Australian Christian musician logician has to be one of the more bizarre Wikipedian demographics.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sat May 04, 2024 11:09 pm

AnemoneProjectors

A user with 176,329 edits. Account created on 11 June 2006.

Nominated by Majorly.

Final (46/0/1); Ended 01:29, 10 February 2007

Active editor, largely avoids noticeboards / project space

Probably retaining Admin tools for occasional use in own topic area / personal convenience

EastEnders and Stevenage, photography
I became semi-retired on 24 August 2021 due to lack of time and interest
Definitely disengaged long before that, in 2019. Was hard-core from 2006-2018.

Male, 44, surprisingly.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sat May 04, 2024 11:23 pm

Angelo.romano

A user with 42,675 edits. Account created on 11 March 2004.

Nominated by Oldelpaso.

Final (47/0/0) Andre (talk) 21:19, 5 August 2007

Active content focused editor, Italian football. Project space interest is AfD participation only.

Barely used Admin tools, likely only for their own convenience.

Classic dissgnagement, nearly to zero in 2016, but then picked up again.......almost perfect U curve!

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sun May 05, 2024 7:05 am

Anne Delong

A user with 83,762 edits. Account created on 7 December 2012.

Nominated by Mr. Stradivarius and The Interior.

Final: (116/0/0) - Closed as successful by Acalamari at 15:55, 1 May 2014 (UTC)

Virtually inactive editor, 3 edits in 2024, 12 in 2023. Last 500 all content building/improving, no evident interest in project matters or patrolling. Probably an inclusionist.

Totally inactive Admin, last logged tool use of any kind, in March 2020. Zero noticeboard interest. Likely only retaining the tools for the ability to view deleted material (so she can save it).

Canadian bluegrass.

Classic burst, struggle, dissappear activity profile.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sun May 05, 2024 7:21 am

Anomie

A user with 33,322 edits. Account created on 18 June 2005.

Edit filter manager. Bot operator. Bot Approver.

Nominated by Wifione and Xeno.

Final (163/1/3); Closed as successful by —Anonymous DissidentTalk at 13:19, 1 October 2011

Surprisingly little Admin activity as a human, probably only wants the tools to further their desire to become the Borg queen of Wikipedia. Stated it outright in their RfA.....
It has taken a while for me to get here. For my first few years on Wikipedia I had no desire to be an admin. After some time and experience I realized how the tools could be useful in fixing protected templates and interface messages, in protecting bot configuration pages, in blocking misbehaving bots, and the like.
Techy project gadfly. Zero evident interest in content creation or even manual patrolling/maintenance.

With one curious exception.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1185753177

16-bit gamer. Shocker.

Gender identity: computer?
Many years ago, I decided "anomie" would be a nice name for a computer. A few years later, I had decided to abandon my old 'net handle, and I couldn't come up with a new one I liked; in the interim, I borrowed the name of my computer. I never did come up with a new handle, I'm just "anomie" now.

While the contrast between the definition of "anomie" and the nature of a computer is somewhat amusing, when it comes to me it's just a name.
Bot rights are human rights?

Activity pie chart shows all Wikipedia base are belong.

:shock:

:deadbanana:

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sun May 05, 2024 7:24 am

AnomieBOT III

Bot.

Did it terminate its bot parents? I & II

Autocorrects to abolish it.

Quite.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sun May 05, 2024 7:55 am

Antandrus

A user with 110,945 edits. Account created on 4 April 2004.

Nominated by Mindspillage

final (35/0/0) ending 03:50 8 April 2005

Very active Admin, focus on LTAs.

Zero interest in editing beyond patrolling and fallout from Admin work.

Early adopter. Classic capture/decline activity profile. Bottomed out since 2013. Peaked before Wikipedia did!

Huge user page is extraordinarily open, but he probably can't stomach updating it to reflect his current reality.

Perfect example of what kind of person drove Wikipedia to become a viral sensation......
I thought I knew more than I actually did. Finishing a doctorate can give you the idea you know more than you do.
Back in 2004 you could just write what you knew in those vast empty spaces longing to be filled.
I tell you it's exciting to see one's articles shoot to the top of Google rankings shortly after their creation. Not only do I find it exciting, but I increasingly find it to be my duty, as someone having a specific expertise, to put accurate, readable, and well-sourced information into that top Google position.
Master's and doctorate are in music composition, with a minor in music theory; undergraduate majors in both music and geology; seven years of teaching undergraduate and graduate students
After leaving academia, for reasons with which I will not bore you,
Long ago I learned to recognize that glazed-over look of people who have listened politely for a moment too long, so now I have thankfully discovered Wikipedia. I am here because it gives me an outlet for everything I learned in school, and still love. Here I can share, and if other people can make use of what I write, that makes me happy.

Out of the big university, and being unenamored of a life of poverty and struggle as one of thousands of unemployable people with advanced degrees in a humanities field
I would politely ask others to at least consider the depth of their knowledge before tackling detailed subjects around which their own experience is limited; but then who am I to tell other people what to do?
Faield extrovert academic constructs elaborate moral case for pissing away life on selfish and irresponsible endeavour. Once the delusion is laid bare, they are trapped. To leave would be to admit you were a fool all along. Find a new purpose protecting the fools you inspired.

Smart enough to know their current predicament.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Antandrus/contribs
A long time ago I used to write stubs. No longer. If I can't write a reasonably complete article, a complete short summary, or at the very least a solid informative paragraph, I won't write it. Random paging is what did it for me: clicking "random page" has become almost useless, as often four or five pages in a row are articles with maybe one line of text and an infobox. It's embarrassing.
....but not so smart that they leave a sinking ship. Hasn't updated that page since 2016.

So cliche! :lol:

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sun May 05, 2024 8:17 am

Anthere

A user with 16,724 edits. Account created on 31 May 2002

One of the first people to have to undergo this new fangled public Admin appointment process...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ip/Anthere

....although clearly at that time of was still mostly being done by email

5/0/0 June 2003

One of the original Lizard People.....
From 2004 to 2008, I held a position on the board of trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, first as vice-chair, then as chair (following Jimmy Wales yeah!)[1]. After 3 terms, very proud of the work done, but a little tired nevertheless, I decided not to run for a 4th term.

I became a member of the Advisory board of Wikimedia Foundation.
I currently serve in the general role of Wikimedian-in-residence for WIPO in a part-time compensated role
Active editor, intellectual property law, exclusively creating/maintaining in own field with some attendant project engagement, barely used talk pages, no patrolling.

Inactive Administrator. Zero engagement with noticeboards. Only two logged Admin actions in 2023, both in pursuit of her own editing.

Utterly bizarre en.wiki activity profile probably reflects how it forms only a small part of her ever changing array of Global Lizard People Interests.

Probably only editing for her paid role. Probably only an Admin because she is one of the Lizard People.