Arbcom 2018 Candidate: RickinBaltimore

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Arbcom 2018 Candidate: RickinBaltimore

Post by Kumioko » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Of course Rick denies the allegation but what do you expect him to do admit it?
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:13 am

Mutineer wrote:Now, that edit was from May 2006. If you look at RickK's edits, they essentially stopped in June 2005 (later, he complains about a impersonation, and then there's a strange thing involving "Zoe").

June 2005 to May 2006 is eleven months. And as I've noted, the former account names of RickinBaltimore have their pre-May 2006 edits disappeared, so it's been significantly shorter than that. RickK then, like RickinBaltimore now, was heavily active in AFDs (Articles for Deletion) and WP:AN/ANI. It stretches, no, snaps, my ability to suspend disbelief that it's coincidental and RickinBaltimore, formerly RickKJr, had no idea of RickK, as he has professed.

Conclusion: In my view, having researched the question a bit, RickinBaltimore is RickK, which he denies.

Knowing how the admin scene on en-WP works, I would say the chances are pretty good that you are correct. And it will be denied and denied. Then someday, without warning, a WP insider will present "secret evidence" in a "secret trial", probably held on a private IRC channel. And RickInBaltimore will "mysteriously vanish".

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:11 am

I find it rather funny that not only one but two different admins have applied to Arbcom this year where there is strong evidence of them being socks (Rickinbaltimore and BU Rob). This, in combination with the very weak candidates who have even applied is very telling about the current state of the ENWP Arbcom and the communities feelings towards them.

I will be watching closely to see what the voting totals are. I anticipate a modest turnout and very low vote percentages. It is very likely that not enough will even get elected to fill the vacating seats.
#BbbGate

The End
Sucks Fan

Post by The End » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:08 am

Kumioko wrote:I for one hope it is RickK and I hope they do get elected to Arbcom before it's confirmed. What a major black eye on the Community, Arbcom and the WMF for allowing that t happen and proving to everyone that they have absolutely no meaningful process for protecting personal information of the editing community.

I still remember the scandal with Sam Blacketer so many years ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... entry.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... appened.3F

Good times.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:04 pm

It's always a scandal when it involves admins and arbs and unfortunately a lot more admins and arbs need to be addressed. A lot get away with a lot because the WMF and the other arbs ad admins hide it whenever possible.
#BbbGate